Issues with wiring (so i think?) or possibly power issue with radio

Discussion in 'Modifications And Maintenance' started by Mike, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

I don't know if anyone could help, or maybe at least point me in the right direction but i have a pioneer avh-4400bh double dim dvd receiver in my 2010 wrx. I've had this installed since october or so last year with no issues, i have an external amp for my sub. Well yesterday in the heat at high volumes the music started to cut out. As in just the music, head unit would stay lit and turned on but the music would start stuttering, i went to play with it today thinking it was a power issue where i disconnected the sub and tried the same thing with the same results. so started playing with EQ, moved it to flat and was able to obtain a higher volume with the same results. So ok power issue right? so i turned up to a volume where it was stable and started playing with the windows thinking to draw enough power...still no change music kept playing. I also have my guages wired into the same power with no issues they stay on. In my mind if it was a short it would cause a fuse would blow? i'm almost about to just ship it in for warranty but i want to make sure i hit everything before going weeks without a radio...