Just released...pics of the actual WRX concept at New York auto show

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by TMF, Mar 28, 2013.

1. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

Nice, it's not ugly. A welcome change of pace. Hopefully the production model retains the lines via hard panels and not a bunch of blocky slapped together plastic bits like we've seen so far.

2. badbennyb

badbennyb Has no title

Settle down boys, I'm neither mature or old! (well kinda and sorta;) ) It is probably just the last 6 months of daily driving a pickup truck that makes me think I should act a bit more grown up. Screw that though, I'm gonna go charge the battery for the STi right now.

BroCo likes this.
  3. BroCo

BroCo Moderator Staff Member

Thata Boy!

I'm gonna do the same thing when I get home. Want to go cruising?

4. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

You ladies are late to the party. I took the Z out, with the top down, on Wednesday and yesterday. Your battery should have been charged the minute it went over 40 degrees. Wussies.

badbennyb likes this.
  5. badbennyb

badbennyb Has no title

Whooooaaa, I said charge the battery not drive the car(I'm a wussy:D ). Gotta put the catback on(told my myself I'd polish it up over winter....didn't happen) and change the oil but soon real soon....I promise.

6. readymix

Well, while you two are planning your rainbow giggle slumber party, I think I'm going to go pull the Z out of the garage and tear ass around town for a bit.

7. Jerf

Jerf Well-Known Member

That thing doesn't have enough liters to be fun...:bounce:

8. BroCo

BroCo Moderator Staff Member

Wan skreet race?

9. readymix

While it is one tenth of a liter less than your 3.6, it makes up for it in not having useless doors, seats, and roofs for passengers/children that I don't have/want, as well as a distinct lack of AWD junk parts and driving aids because I don't need training wheels in a real sports car ;)

10. readymix

While it is one tenth of a liter less than your 3.6, it makes up for it in not having useless doors, seats, and roofs for passengers/children that I don't have/want, as well as a distinct lack of AWD junk parts and driving aids because I don't need training wheels in a real sports car ;)

ShortytheFirefighter likes this.
  11. readymix

No thanks. I am satisfied with my penis and its function. No need to compare them. :p

BroCo likes this.
  12. Jerf

Jerf Well-Known Member

LOL, I was kidding of course, I am actually ashamed by Subaru's attempt at a 6 cylinder. Although it is torquey, many other companies have done more with less such as your car, just had to throw out my big displacement, since I noticed my penis looks smaller today

BroCo and readymix like this.
  13. MNBD

MNBD Member

Make sure to use the adjusted penis size-or TMI when measuring.

JasonoJordan likes this.
  14. JasonoJordan

JasonoJordan Well-Known Member

That episode was hilarious

15. ofspunk7

ofspunk7 Well-Known Member

An interview with Subaru about the concept.

Story

16. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

2.0L?
    Dual clutch gearbox?
    Body design?
    Evo?!...

17. pksublime

pksublime Well-Known Member

Well I like it.

18. Robert Armantrout

Robert Armantrout Member

awd drive boosted fusion:banghead: IMO. looks ok, would like to see production version. For now ill stick to my dirt roots..:coffee:

19. ShortytheFirefighter

ShortytheFirefighter Pokemans. I has none. Staff Member

Not quite. The Fusion will have a better interior with more features, it'll be quieter and won't rattle like a half empty piggy bank.

It will, however lack a bunch of flat bill wearing "Bros" who think that they're factory rally drivers just by buying one.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  20. JasonoJordan

Idk about that...ford does have Kenny from the Block now...

21. ShortytheFirefighter

Yes, and they'll most likely go after the Focus ST.

Fiesta ST if they're really hardcore fans.

22. JasonoJordan

True, ugh the ST was such a terrible drive lol.

23. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

You make a good point though, I think that Ford is making pretty big strides. I've had two Fusions for company cars, and I was pleasantly surprised by the overall features and fit and finish....that being said, I currently have a new Camry as a rental car, and it blows the Fusion out of the water. Although I haven't been in the 2013 Fusion yet.

To me, the WRX (and STi more specifically) has always been all about performance. I could care less about the convenience features when I'm at the track. However, I guess that even the majority of WRX/STi drivers don't ever take their car to the track. Heck, I would take a Fusion/Camry V6 over an STi for a DD any day! Performance wise, you get a lot of bang for your buck in a WRX/STi. If you want the best of both worlds (high performance and nice features), now you're in M3, S4, CTS-V, etc territory.

Your SHO...maybe....let's see how it holds up on a track ;)

24. ShortytheFirefighter

I don't think I'd track this one, the 2010-2012 are trackable but the brakes aren't quite up to the task on the standard model, let alone the Performance Package models. That being said, the 2013 models with the Performance Pack will happily run laps all day long thanks to engine oil (standard from the 2010 onward) and (standard from 2013 PP onward) transmission coolers, as well as much larger brakes and torque vectoring for the rear axle.

The new Fusions are leaps and bounds above the old ones. I had a base model 2012 rental and wasn't that impressed with it. Then again, it was a big step down from my daily driver so my thoughts were a bit biased against it. The new ones aren't in the same ballpark as the previous generation. If I were in the position I was in two years ago when I ordered my 2011 WRX and had the Fusion AWD as an alternative, I would probably have picked the Fusion. The weights/power are both similar and for close to what I paid for my WRX I could have gotten a well optioned Titanium.

That being said, the two cars are getting closer as Subaru is pulling an Audi (and for good reason) and focusing less on the rally part and more on the roadgoing/luxury part. I'm guessing that the WRX will come in around the 26k pricepoint for the base model and have 260-280hp in the base model. Guessing around a 32-3300 lb curb weight, it's going to be right in that same category as some of the newer offerings and will face some stiff competition, especially among drivers in their early 30's who are looking for a "grownup" car that handles well, is fun to drive but also civilized and comfortable.

For me, it was realizing that I wasn't doing much in the way of motorsports related stuff anymore and mostly commuting. It was a shift in my priorities but I'm happy with the change. It doesn't mean I wouldn't mind getting a GD wagon as a fun car, but I think my next purchase will probably be in a couple of years. I'd like to find an off lease low miles 2013 PP SHO in red or blue.

Unless I can find a screaming deal on a CTS-V sedan....

25. Essemo

Essemo Member

front end reminds me of a evo which is sexy!!