JuStaWRX's 2014 Forester XT

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by JuStaWRX, Feb 15, 2015.

1. JuStaWRX

JuStaWRX Well-Known Member

The magic of that was totally there with the WRX as it often added powaaa. I will hopefully get a better cruise in tonight. I really hope that no major adjustments are needed!

Krazylegz1485 likes this.
  2. JuStaWRX

Swapped out the Thule system from the Mini today for the Jaylow from Yakima. I highly recommend it! slick for one kayak, and comfortable with the second.
    upload_2017-5-28_21-21-57.png

3. JuStaWRX

Not much new, except for a peeling steering wheel.

I did manage to snap a shot with my buddy's '49 Chev LS1 swap. *Shameless Plug: 2 Wheel drive dyno and race fuels available at Beach's Long Lake Service in NB. Race fuel available 24 hrs. a day with pay-at-the-pump.*
    18920422_10100307637723923_8129016920908393783_n.jpg

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
    pleiades and tangledupinblu like this.
  4. JuStaWRX

First big solo road trip with the FXT!
    Minneapolis, MN --> Iowa City, IA --> Troy, MO for a camping trip with some extended family that lives down here. On the drive down everything went smooth until about an hour away from the camp grounds I heard an awful noise from the front right side of the car (near the vents). I pulled over, turned it off and popped the hood. All looked fine... the crazy part? My mileage at that point was 59,998. That's right. 2 miles shy of the the warranty expiration!

So needless to say, I panicked a bit. But so far all is still good, and I did roll over the 60k mark. Will be monitoring closely on the drive home too. Fortunately, I have video and photo with time and mileage stamps.
    upload_2017-6-15_12-26-27.png
    upload_2017-6-15_12-26-39.png

Attached Files:

jamusix and tangledupinblu like this.
  5. JuStaWRX

Update...replaced the serpentine belt on Saturday and swapped from Sport Edition wheels to Enkei EDR9s. I also helped my buddy pull out the LS1 from his 49 Chev which was a blast and a great learning experience.

Sitting at 67,600 miles right now, and overall happy with the car. Still struggling to find that perfect seating position, and still missing the manual but the car is holding up well. A few other items coming up... recently picked up a 2016 STi steering wheel which will go on soon, along with the WRX midpipe (not the mufflers yet as I am not set on cutting up the bumper). I also am debating a change up for the audio in the vehicle, and starting that research. For now, here is an updated dirty car fall pic with the EDR9s on.

upload_2017-11-6_18-23-48.png

EDIT:
    24831259_10100388260460313_4842147453766014423_o.jpg
    IMG_8867.jpg

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  6. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

I'm convinced there is no good seat position. I really dislike the seats, and they're my only real complaint.

JuStaWRX likes this.
  7. silver03

silver03 Well-Known Member

Julian, random thought. How is the Land Cruiser? -Rick

JuStaWRX likes this.
  8. Ctracey218

Ctracey218 Playpen Wrangler Staff Member

Could you do longer hangers for the exhaust so you don't have to trim the bumper?

9. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

Whenever you want to check out my recaro setup in my fxt, let me know! Good chance I'll be selling my setup too when I finally get my company car (which is taking forever).
    You'd need some really looooooong exhaust hangers to clear the bumper, and then it would be hanging way too low. The best bets for catbacks that don't require trimming are the nameless muffler deletes or some of the older WRX sedan SPT catbacks that are single outlets.

Sorry for taking over your thread Julian :eek: :dead:

JuStaWRX likes this.
  10. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

Yes, I would be very interested in checking that out as long as it's fat man friendly

11. JuStaWRX

It's good! Fired up on the third turn over for the first time running in 8+ years! Working on gathering parts this winter for it, and hopefully getting it back down for some of the more major work in the spring.
    upload_2017-11-7_21-8-5.png
    This and no worries at all :) It's helpful info! I have debated biting the bullet on those nameless mufflers. I heard them on @Clem 's ride and really liked them!

pleiades, Clem and silver03 like this.
  12. MGF0zzy17

MGF0zzy17 New Member

Nice Fozzy! I have a ‘14 FXT as well.

BCA196E3-A891-48D9-8C4D-617BFCA4B3F2.jpeg

Clem and JuStaWRX like this.
  13. skubi1

skubi1 Well-Known Member

GOD THAT MAKES ME MISS MINE!!! Had a 69 FJ40 when i was stationed in Colorado. Mine was flat black military paint, not the lovely patina you've got there! If you're looking for parts, go onto Man-a-Fre's website, they've been selling only LandCruiser parts for like the last 30-40 years. Used to order stuff when they had it in a mail order catalog.
    https://manafrelv.com/

JuStaWRX likes this.
  14. JuStaWRX

Thank you! That link will be quite helpful (and dangerous) this winter! Ours is a 1978 with 49k. It only really needs minor mechanical with a few interior pieces to really be up and running regularly again. Then tires, brakes, and exhaust are super high priority... it shall be fun! I will maybe need to start an off-topic thread for that.

pleiades, Ctracey218 and skubi1 like this.
  15. Clem

Clem Active Member

Deleted post. Sorry, I posted in the wrong thread! Haha DERP

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  16. gtcruiser33

gtcruiser33 Well-Known Member

@JuStaWRX - what % tint do you have on there?

17. JuStaWRX

The fronts are 35% ceramic tint (measures at 32%) , and the rears are OEM (measures at 28%). My sunroof is at 5% ceramic tint. Hopefully in the spring I'll be getting 20% put over the OEM in the rears.

If you're looking for a great local tinter, I'd highly recommend @FlawlessFrontEnds&Tint . I'd also recommend checking out Yelo as well. I've not gotten tint from them, but they did wrap my grille for me and I was very satisfied with the finished product and price.
    24909816_10100390654712213_5784664920875096341_n.jpg

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
    tangledupinblu likes this.
  18. JuStaWRX

A primarily photo update...

Rolled over 71k recently. Made a great trip up to Lusten a couple weeks ago, and other than an oil change and cabin air filter replacement, it's been a good winter season with the FXT! Spring time will hopefully bring a few more updates.
    upload_2018-1-22_10-45-44.png
    upload_2018-1-22_10-45-56.png
    upload_2018-1-22_10-46-10.png
    upload_2018-1-22_10-48-33.png
    upload_2018-1-22_10-48-43.png

Attached Files:

19. JuStaWRX

One more with my Dad's car currently taking my garage spot while their garage gets worked on.
    upload_2018-1-22_10-52-35.png

20. JuStaWRX

A lot of people went out for walks or bike rides with the beautiful weather today. But me? I did a proper hand wash (with the knowledge that 1/2 a block in to the next drive you'll never know that I ever did it). 45* never felt so good.
    upload_2018-3-3_16-45-25.png
    upload_2018-3-3_16-45-48.png

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    jamusix and tangledupinblu like this.
  21. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

She looks happy!

JuStaWRX likes this.
  22. JuStaWRX

Nothing major, but did finally end up upgrading the reverse lights to LEDs. Still on the search for a decent low/high beam set that won't blind oncoming traffic..

Before:
    upload_2018-4-25_19-19-56.png

After:
    upload_2018-4-25_19-20-12.png

upload_2018-4-25_19-20-26.png

Also added a roof basket a few weeks back. Haven't used it yet, beyond "cheating" to find my car in parking lots...but summer adventures are quickly approaching.

upload_2018-4-25_19-21-28.png

Attached Files:

silver03, jubella2 and tangledupinblu like this.
  23. jubella2

jubella2 GC8 FTW

LEDs make a big difference

24. JuStaWRX

Opinon question: I have the LEDs in the fogs (Morimoto XB 2s). I originally got some yellow overlays for the OEM fogs, but have gone back and forth about putting them on the XBs. I love the spread of light that I'm getting, and I love the color, but matching halogen with it is impossible, and I haven't had luck with LEDs going in to the halogen housing... so do I put the yellow overlays on?

25. JuStaWRX

Had the STi steering wheel installed and it's like falling in love all over again! Love the feel, and it ties in to the interior better than I could have imagined! Now to get my hands on a 2015+ STi airbag on the cheap..
    [​IMG]

tangledupinblu and pleiades like this.
  26. Clem

Clem Active Member

Ergonomics!! Is that a standard black Subaru emblem or an overlay?

27. JuStaWRX

It's an overlay. The airbag and controls are all from the OEM wheel. It's really nice that it's plug and play for the most part! An STi airbag would close a small gap between the bottom of the wheel and the airbag, but isn't necessary. When driving, you never see the gap, so it doesn't bother me at all.

28. JuStaWRX

Have had the Nameless Muffler deletes on now for a few weeks, and have really liked them! Much quieter than I anticipated which was welcomed. Aside from a little fitment issue (getting stiffer hangers sent), it's good!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

While up at the cabin, took some time to work on the new thermostat in the FJ.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

29. JuStaWRX

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ryjacobs and MN_XV_712 like this.
  30. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

jeaLous.. so on my list of toys...

So many of them back hom ein Australia they use them as yard art hahah

came across this in Minneapolis the other week...

https://imgur.com/a/iHhdY6V
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

JuStaWRX and tangledupinblu like this.