La Crosse, WI Cruise Trip June 23rd *Accepting Payment*

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by tangledupinblu, Apr 12, 2007.

1. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

I was the first stopped car in front of the action. Not quite as much fun to watch. It will be quite interesting if it makes it to video.

Russ

2. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

it wont cause the chick was filming the cars coming and by the time she reacted it was over.....

3. Chukee_R

Chukee_R Well-Known Member

That cruise was insane. Whens the next one? :p

Thanks to everyone who helped organize. :)

4. blak04wrx

blak04wrx Well-Known Member

Check rearview, look forward and theres a stopped car. Sorry for the heart attack, I know I had one. As soon as I saw you I thought to myself "I'm surely going into his trunk..." I am just glad nobody was hurt.

5. wall of tvs

wall of tvs Well-Known Member

So is it safe to assume that this will become an annual event now? I really hope so.

6. TSTRBOY2004

thats sweet coming from a guy who decided to go last few days... ha ha ha... I do agree though... maybe a different location though... maybe not.. depends... another 10 cars we wouldnt have fit... ha haha we may have to rent the dome in 5 yrs... woot

7. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Hahaha...that's whet i was thinking Nate! I would love to make this an annual event. But I'm thinking, same location, same route, and more things to do.
    Maybe a bouncy castle for the kids, or a slip and slide or something. Post any ideas that you would like to see at the next one!

And this is the first time that I've ever done anything like this! Never thought it would go that smooth. And almost no incidents to speak of other than Bielke55's tranny and the "near pile up." I think it went pretty well, but as soon as everyone left I was thinking of what i would have done differently.

Even so, glad that most everybody had a good time and we kept it safe!

Thanks to all of you that helped out! -moviestar-ftw.:cool:

and btw Nate, I think we could have lined another 50 up around the pavillion on the pavement that surrounded it! w00t...next year

8. TSTRBOY2004

tru dat.... but I wanna double the cars next time.. ha ha

this was truly a good event... a job very well done Josh for a guy who just stepped up and ran with it...

bouncy castle may be a bit overboard... but a good idea.. (not that many kids there)

but the flipside is you never know what people will get into until you just do it...football, softball, cornhole (safesearch that one ;) )and stuff like that....

9. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

I really like the "bugeyes vs. the other guyz" softball game or something. Great idea, IMO.

10. AWD_PWNZ

AWD_PWNZ New Member

I think softball would be a really fun Idea for the next one!!

11. TSTRBOY2004

yeah... the location was great but if you wanna pack other events on the day like a softball game or something, then it makes for a long tiring day... i am still recovering from the horn install then the trip, then going to bed late saturday night watching fight night live.... is there anything closer in MN that was like that pavillion... cause that was a great location just after all the driving I was like wow, most the day driving the other part eating and it was over... ha ha ha...

12. AWD_PWNZ

AWD_PWNZ New Member

The location was great for me!!!! HAHA but I didn't get to do any of the driving. Maybe there is a place somewhere in between that would make for less driving and more games and suby bonding stuff!

13. TSTRBOY2004

not Rays kind I hope.........

14. AWD 101

AWD 101 Well-Known Member

I for one thought the day was pretty much perfect. The drive was beautiful with some very easy twisty roads and a few long straights to get an idea of how long our caravan really was (some places 2.5+ miles? maybe more after that stop sign.)
    I stayed behind and played with GPS on the east side of the river, hit a few roads, and came back late. Was really hoping that fluid on the road wasn't from a Subie, but I hope fixing it doesn't hurt too much.
    A big thank you to everyone involved!

15. carl

carl Well-Known Member

I thought the drive was the best part of it - so cool seeing all those subarus stretched out as far as you could see.

16. TSTRBOY2004

yes htat was pretty fun to see.... reminds me of the old rotory cruises they used to hold back in Sydney... 200-300 cars cruising to another location for some grass events and stuff...

this certainly shows the potential that has been UN-tapped ont he forum.... we may get it like an official club yet...

17. esperunit

esperunit Well-Known Member

yeah was thinking maybe next year it would be nice to have the mnsubaru event be in MN. An hour or two of driving is fine by me, beyond that it starts to fatigue me.

18. Mike Wagner

Mike Wagner New Member

I think that would be a great idea, how about Brainerd, I am sure if I talk to Jed (owner of BIR) we could work something out.

Mike

19. mlgez

mlgez Well-Known Member

The location was great but I agree a little less driving would be nice. I could then bring the family with. As it is I have to drive an hour just to get to the cities and then to where ever the event will be. Rich of course did the crazy long drive for the event.

20. wall of tvs

Screw you! :p

I really wanted to plan on going but my previous job and family matters kept me from becoming one of those handraiser guys you hate.

Basically I wanted to make sure I had the green light before signing up, lol. I'll be sure to do the same next year (maybe). :biggrin:

21. wall of tvs

Yes. BIR - MNSubaru lapping day ftw x 308320972139087432!

22. mlgez

mlgez Well-Known Member

Now that would be sweet!!!!

23. TchainT

TchainT Well-Known Member

if it was in Brainerd then the duluth guys could get in on it too

24. Squiggly

Squiggly Squiggly

yeah the drive there was really fun everyone grouped together

again josh any info on wether or not the news thing will be online? so we can see what was said?

25. Urabusvids

Urabusvids Well-Known Member

I had a blast, and everyone did it safley i hope to see this many people at most of the events!!!!!

26. RichWRX

RichWRX Well-Known Member

I drove 400 miles to get to Lacrosse, foir the Duluth guys it would of only been under 300 miles

27. RichWRX

RichWRX Well-Known Member

Lets have it in Orr next time so I wont have to drive anywhere:laugh: :laugh:

28. Urabusvids

Urabusvids Well-Known Member

If you go 400 miles an hour boom your there in an hour....

29. tbone

tbone Well-Known Member

I vote for brainerd for 2008 cruise...that way rich has to drive half way from us....

30. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Not to shoot down any idea's, but good luck getting BIR on a weekend and it not costing everyone in the group $300. We could still hit up Brainerd, but would have to do some research on a good meeting place.

Russ

31. Mike Wagner

Mike Wagner New Member

You right it might be a stretch, however we don't necessarily need it all to ourselves. Why not work with one of the other clubs. There is plenty of room on the infield for all of us to meet.

I will make a few calls to see what we can do, if its even possible.

32. 1fastwagon

1fastwagon New Member

would be nice if it coincided with a track event...I know very wishful thinking.

33. esperunit

esperunit Well-Known Member

With the amount of experience and trained drivers in MNsuabru I honestly don't think the club is ready to combine an event like this with a race event.

It would be nice to have such things but they're more expensive than most are willing to spend, more dangerous to your car than many are willing to risk and require more training that many are willing to sit through.

34. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

I'm usually all for Track Runs...great to see Subies run (in general) But bringing down a huge group to do so...might be tough to organize...I'd say post it like it was Rockfalls and whoever goes, goes...and pays for their own...MNsubaru will not be responsible for any damaged or ticketed vehicles in this case...And by all means, not sponsoring the event either...

35. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

To whom ever had the blue WRX wagon with the dog attached. That is very friendly dog. Glad you brought him with.

36. 02blubru

02blubru Well-Known Member

That would be mike wagner if I remember right.

37. carl

carl Well-Known Member

very well behaved

38. AWD 101

What if we worked something out with the bmw club and just did a meet/grill out in the infield like Mike suggested if they (bmwcca and bir) were cool with that. A few people in the club might be running with them anyways, and it would be a chance to watch the action (especially instructor runs) without necessarily having to put track miles on everyone's cars. We could even send the participants an invite to join us for lunch at our expense. Just a thought, I'm sure I'm not considering all the angles.

39. Chukee_R

Chukee_R Well-Known Member

You guys make me want to trade for an STi. The comradely amongst the Subaru crowd greatly surpasses that of the Evo crowd up here. Just the extra events and gatherings make owning these types of cars that much better.

I almost traded for a STi limited when they were released. I just hate how much harder they are to work on versus an Evo.

40. Bielke55

Bielke55 Well-Known Member

Hey everyone my RS is gonna be okay... it made it to Morries Mtka. Brian told me the Trans Drain Plug was.... MISSING! Im gonna kill the guy from kenedy transmisson

41. subaru4

subaru4 New Member

Wow, so basicly when you hit that little bump in the road it just knocked the loose plug out.

42. Bielke55

Basically... these the pics of the Final resting spot the curve before that... the bump and spot it first happened... and then the nice old mans barn.

43. AWD 101

glad to hear it wasn't a bigger issue. that was definitely the fluid leak i saw on the way back to the cities.

44. Bielke55

Did you see that skunk that was on the road just after my oil leak... that thing was epic....

45. AWD 101

lol, yeah big skunk. drove well around it :eek3: