left 4 dead

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Skarecrow, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Ryan

Ryan Sled drifting master

I will be on there tonight. I'm sure the rest of "clan" [w00t] will be there for the "group love"

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/t3hw00t

From t3hw00t i know for sure myself, readymix, aegis, and traidor (not a mnsubaru member) have it.

2. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

Yeah, if I can get into steam at all. The release of the game has seriously screwed up their servers. I get hung up on the "scanning for games updates" page - for about half an hour, and can't do anything else. Anything else! I can't even surf the net, it's hogging so much memory.

3. JasonoJordan

JasonoJordan Well-Known Member

we all playing on pc or xbox360 or is it a mix.

4. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

the [w00t] clan is a PC clan ... I wish they'd figure out a way for all of us to play together (360 and PC) but I think that would be somewhat unfair. Still, it would be nice to host a hybrid game like that so my xbox friends can join :(

5. JasonoJordan

yea im on the fences of what im gunna get it for xbox or pc both can play it but im better at pc shooters and they just plain look better.

6. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

Then just get it for PC. When it comes out, you'll get the DLC too and won't have to pay for it ;)
    Also, the community is huge. I am sure it won't take long for custom campaigns to show up.
    And you can port your l4d into l4d2 at some point, and play the other maps, even custom ones.

7. JasonoJordan

hea i need to get some decent net i live in the sticks and have satilight internet the latency is rediculous

8. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

Oh, yeah that sucks :( Not really much better than dialup huh?
    I finally got into steam and can install the game (it wasn't pre-loaded on my main pc, how did I forget that?) so I'll let that go for the hour I am sure it will take. I hope it works.

9. JasonoJordan

well download speeds and upload speeds are fast its just the latancy it takes for it 2 bounce to the satilight and back makes me laggy. it is a 1mb download and 756k upload.

10. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

I played for a little bit today. Being a melee player (those who played with me on TF2 for a good portion of 2009 know this) I love the melee weapons. Running around on an abandon roller coaster with a chainsaw, hacking down zombies as they run at you, is good times. As is the katana, the axe, and for those of you that pre-ordered, the bat is likely one of the better melee weapons in the game.

11. Nuke

Nuke Well-Known Member

The chainsaw is fun to use, made the game much easier, especially when you get jammed with them zombies.

My fave weapons are the ak and machete

12. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

We'll see. I am not a fan of dual pistols in this game, though I was pretty much unstoppable with them in the first one. So far, i'm not a big fan of the melee either. (I don't like the range, they have to get close to you, pretty much ensuring you'll be surrounded by a horde) This may change with the chainsaw and the katana though. I do like the magnum pistol, and wish that the game allowed you to hold 2 of those :(

*I also hate "melee fatigue" when you're rmb'ing them away from you. This FORCES you to use melee weapons, and I'd like the option to NOT use them on SP mode.

13. fondune

fondune Well-Known Member

14. RexNEffect

RexNEffect Well-Known Member

I'm waiting until black friday to pick it up at Best Buy. Their ad was leaked, and they'll be selling alot of new games for $35, including L4D2.

Also, there's a billboard for it heading south on Hennepin just past Franklin Ave. Love it that games are finally getting that kind of exposure. Especially GOOD games.

15. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

Was wondering where it was this time. Last game it was by the airport off 494. I was going to enter the contest dressed as a confused (and angry about being abandoned) Zoey :(

16. Nuke

Nuke Well-Known Member

17. twofiveRS

twofiveRS Well-Known Member

Just dl the demo last night, thought it was pretty fun.

18. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

HALP
    @6MTizzle and I still play this... the fun never stops.

Kneel Weiß likes this.