Long-term relationships

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by silver03, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Mnelson

Mnelson Well-Known Member

Almost 10 years ago, I got my first car, a 1968 mustang. I still have it and to this day is one of my favorite cars to drive. Every time I turn the key I jot down my will on my phone in the chance that I don't make it out alive.

Heres a photo of the Mustang next to my wrx that I recently traded for my sti. I only had the wrx for a year... In that case, some relationships are worth ending short..

[​IMG]

Deathly likes this.
  2. silver03

silver03 Well-Known Member

"Every time I turn the key I jot down my will on my phone in the chance that I don't make it out alive."-love it! -Rick

Deathly likes this.
  3. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

I've always wanted a car I could say was built for this purpose. I've got a 72 Chevelle project car collecting dust at a friend's place currently, waiting for that day the wallet is a little fatter.

4. silver03

silver03 Well-Known Member

5. Krazylegz1485

Probably an eternal project. One of "those". I haven't had it for quite 5 years yet, tho.

6. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

House purchase...kid on the way...wallet fatter...BWAHAHAHAHA!

:p

silver03 and Krazylegz1485 like this.
  7. Krazylegz1485

Right...? Eternal project.

klutz and tangledupinblu like this.
  8. Mnelson

Mnelson Well-Known Member

That's how this mustang has been. I'm up to my neck in student loan debt and I probably didn't need a newish sti.. Probably could have settled on something cheaper, but that's taken a bunch of the money I though I'd have in the summer whip. Biggest thing now is body work needs to be done and that is a lot of expense for not a lot of gain in my book. It's hard to justify getting everything straight and painted because then it's actually a big deal if I scratch it.

Anywho, I've had the car for a long time and not a lot has been done. It will probably stay that way until I pay off my student loans. :/

Krazylegz1485 likes this.
  9. Krazylegz1485

I'm in a somewhat similar boat. Bought the car as a project when I worked at the body shop. Guy who was my boss had a sweet shop at home where he did side work. He found it with me in mind for my first project. It was pretty affordable, but needs a lot of work. I bought it under the assumption that I'd have a sweet garage to work in and it'd be kind of a hands-on training type deal where I'd get a sweet car out of it at the end.

Long story short, 30 minute drive each way to his place paired with his seemingly bi-polar attitude kinda killed my motivation. I haven't talked to him in a couple years now and it's currently in storage at another guy's place.

Almost got the wife's student loans paid off but now got #1 on the way and also trying to get our own place. The outflow of money really never ends... Just hoping we can score a bad ass shop/garage in the process so I can pick away at it in my spare time.

Mnelson likes this.