Looking for someone near Rochester who can help me fix my Forester

Discussion in 'Want To Buy : Cars/Parts' started by KennyTheSubaruGuy, Mar 12, 2020.

1. KennyTheSubaruGuy

KennyTheSubaruGuy New Member

I'm looking for someone in the Rochester area who can help me with swapping out the motor in my 2003 Forester. I am new to the Subaru family, having bought my first one in oct of 2019, a 1996 legacy. My beloved legacy got stolen from me and hasn't been recovered yet and I recently bought my 03 Forester that has issues but came with another engine that has the heads machined. I was gonna put in a timing belt and everything before putting it in the Forester. I am mechanically inclined, but Subaru is definitely different than most. Anyways, any help would be appreciated and I'm willing to pay just can't afford the shop rates. Id do it myself but I work night shift and just can't seem to find the time

2. joebush44

joebush44 Well-Known Member

What is wrong with its current engine that warrants replacing it? Is the extra engine from the same model/year?

3. pbedroske

pbedroske Well-Known Member

I've had the engine out of my WRX a couple times. I'm west of the airport (Stewartville address). We used the pulley/hoist in my barn, out and back in over a weekend while running into other issues. I'd help, but I got a wife and 3 kids, and other projects going on.
    Considering it's a 2003, be sure to pre-clean it, soak the motor mounts and exhaust bolts in your favorite penetrating oil, prepare for broken bolts or other parts.