MAF Sensor for hire?

Discussion in 'Modifications And Maintenance' started by minnesotanice, Aug 9, 2021.

1. minnesotanice

minnesotanice Well-Known Member

Does anyone have an 08+ turbo that would be willing to lend me a MAF sensor for a couple hours?

My MAF sensor went out on my way home from Chicago last week causing AFRs to bounce all over the place and eventually shut down the car due to running rich. Unfortunately I wasn't able to tow to JM (they built the engine a couple years ago) and had to bring it to a local shop on the east side of the cities. The shop replaced it with an aftermarket replacement that still has the car running a bit rich and some larger fuel corrections. I showed them this on my gauges/accessport and their OBD2 reader, but they do not agree that there is an issue.

After talking with Jesse at JM about it, he mentioned that they have had issues similar to this when using non-OEM MAF sensors and that I should try to find an OEM one to try and convince the garage that there is still an issue with my vehicle and it is not running correctly. If the OEM corrects the fuel mixture then I will hopefully be able to have the shop correct the mistake at no cost. Worst comes to worst, I pick up the part from Subaru and do it myself.

I will pay in beer, soda, snacks, etc. of your choice for the troubles.

Thanks!

2. minnesotanice

minnesotanice Well-Known Member

To be more specific, a list of all models that may have the sensor I need to check is shown below.

I'm positive someone will have one of these models and would very much appreciate a couple hours to try and help figure this out as I will have to spend an extra $250+ on top of what the garage has already charged me.

Thank you.

[​IMG]