Maintenance/Checkup?

Discussion in 'Modifications And Maintenance' started by ionou, Nov 9, 2011.

1. ionou

ionou New Member

I'm trying to buy a used Subaru and I want to know where I should have the car inspected. I'm in St Paul and would like to be able to go to a mechanic who is trustworthy and doesn't rip me off. Of course, they have to know Subarus very well. I'm new to MN.

2. JasonoJordan

JasonoJordan Well-Known Member

You could bring it up to Minnetonka Subaru and have them look over it they have very good techs up there. Also for a few bucks if im free the day your going to look at it i would come and give my unprofessional opinion on it just knowing Subaru's decently well from doing nearly every bit of maint. or being present for the stuff that i didn't do i could give you a good idea.

3. ionou

ionou New Member

Thanks. I would prefer to go to a non-dealer that is within Twin Cities.

4. driftin240

driftin240 Well-Known Member

The great part about a dealer, is they know what common problems the vehicle you have, may have. Or at least go to someone who knows them.

5. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

More info on the model you are looking at?

I'll second the Morries MTKA rec.

If you want to try a non-dealership shop, check out RS Motors in Burnsville.

6. ionou

ionou New Member

I'm looking at a Forester and Legacy.

7. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

What years and which trim? Turbo models? There are a handful of model specific issues that might help direct you towards things to look out for. Of course, both shops mentioned above will know those things.

8. ionou

ionou New Member

Does anyone know much about the Tribeca B9? I am considering the 2007 base model.

9. driftin240

driftin240 Well-Known Member

They come in two options. 5-Passenger, or 7-Passenger. Navigation is expensive to update, so if it has it, beware. Front suspension components (Sway bar end links, and control arm bushings).

10. ionou

ionou New Member

Is the 2009 Legacy 2.5i supposed to be noisy upon acceleration? I test drove one and there seems to be two kinds of noises. A vroom (similar to racecar) and whirring (high pitch) noise tend to occur upon acceleration. Is this normal? Also, acceleration doesn't seem to be too smooth when it comes to speeding up or uphill.