MAP sensor

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Dynapar, Dec 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

hmm... my check engine light has been on since i oiled my MAF sensor. and after i changed out the MAF the light stayed on. so today (over a month later) i plugged in a OBD-II reader. it says it is either MAP or BARO sensor. BARO sensor is built into the ECU.(replacing = new ECU) in my chilton book it says to check the terminals for voltage.(with the harness plugged in) well i wanna know how do you check the voltage when the terminals are cover up by the plug. do i have strip the wires and then measure the voltaget through those or what?

also an idea how much a new MAP is?

2. Xcelor8

Xcelor8 Well-Known Member

Your multimeter should have points on the end of the probes, you can just poke them through the wire, and if it really bothers you either tape them up or hit it with a little liquid electrical tape goop. Other than that I'm just lucky to now how to open the gas cap on the car so far.

3. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

the probes dont seem to be that sharp.

4. Xcelor8

Xcelor8 Well-Known Member

The your choices are pretty liminted AFAIK either stick the probes in a little connector for the probe (if there is one) and see if you can contact some metal, or probably strip a little wire, really I don't know how else you can do it, maybe someone else does.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.