maperformance review

Discussion in 'Vendor Announcements/Sales/Discounts' started by 02blubru, Jun 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fobiawrx

fobiawrx Fabiola

im taking it and giving you mine. start all the threads you want and like you will give my opinion. this seems like some people jumping on the drama/bash train and im just saying how i see it. no one gives minatonks subaru crap when they screw up because every one knows them personally hear and they are good guys there. map are good guys too just not so many people know them so people seem quick to say crap. saying this is a review to me is a joke.

2. 02blubru

02blubru Well-Known Member

I am not trying to give you your opinon, form your own, which you have!
    I agree, it did seem to turn into a bash thread. my op was a review weather you can see that or not. I never said they were not good guys at map, just bad customer service. Dan, the guy I worked with.. seemed very nice every time I talked to him.

I think the reason nobody give tonka subaru crap when they screw up is because there customer service is GREAT!! they admitt fault and fix the issue ASAP. I did not get that at MAP...

3. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

Yeah, ive ordered you the wrong part a few times, for sure, but did i not get you the right part and make everything right? People DO make mistakes, thats a fact. I'm sure MAP never meant to do any wrong to anyone, things just happen.

4. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

5. fobiawrx

fobiawrx Fabiola

you go posting a thread saying how your "proven techniques" are so good hand had nothing but bs to say for it when i asked. then had your followers and so called professionals post about how i don't know what your talking about but had more to show then you. go back to your coping other companies stuff ans stay out of something that you cant understand obviously

6. fobiawrx

fobiawrx Fabiola

see. good people happen to make mistakes. no worries

7. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

8. tmarc12366009

tmarc12366009 Well-Known Member

There will always be the good and bad in business, the determining factor is and always will be what a company does or how it acts to rectify the situation. Seems both points have been explained, and if MAP can use this example to continue to grow and attempt to offer good customer service and set the right customer expectation then they and their customers are better off! If a business continues to offer a poor experience then they will continue to fail. Just look at Sprint! ;)

That being said, I have purchased front and rear sway bars, and endlinks from MAP. The price was competitive, product was as described and shipping was as expected. Just my experience... http://www.mnsubaru.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24428

-Marc

9. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

havent looked in the mirror lately have ya.... :laugh:

10. fobiawrx

fobiawrx Fabiola

and still have nothing to back up your bs with. not my fault you want to bring up a thread that makes you look retarded? the day you don't buy up every other companies product and use them to make your own is the day i give you respect. . after that last thread you lost it all from me. having all your boys talk for you and make you look even stupider was funny to me. look at you go..

11. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

good lord, take it to PM's, you are both acting like little girls

12. fobiawrx

fobiawrx Fabiola

hear comes the teddy bear...

13. KSAL

KSAL Well-Known Member

After reading through blubru's first post (again) there really isn't anything negative or bashing in there. It just REEKS of frustration. I can see how you (blubru) would really want MAP to take care of the problem but they tried and when they were told by the company to have u deal direct that was all they could do. again MISCOMMUNICATON is the key word here i think, poor or bad customer service might not be the best way to describe the situation. It was then after the call with Prosport, where they said that you were screwed, that it went south. Like i said earlier oakley sunglasses (huge company) asks that customers deal directly with them. So i relay the message to my customer. Scince you did pay for shipping Prosport SHOULD!!! have refunded blubru after they found the the product to be defective. MAP was just going by with what thier supplier told them to do. But yes MISCOMMUNICATION is the best word i think. It gets a little sticky when someone says BAD or POOR customer service (i undersatand, i would be very upset as well if it was that much work to get some guages) its thier reputation that is getting soured and that is a REALLY hard thing to get back in good standing after such problem.

Just my.02

14. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

agreed. well said

15. curly2k3

i don't want to cuddle right now matt, we have been over this

seriously tho, i have had positive and negative experiences with nearly all of the shops in the state and outside of it... everyone has a different experience, i can understand Bill's frustration and I personally... am rather just disappointed by MAP and how they have handled the cases i have heard problems about. But, it does show character that they are trying to better their system and trying to step up to the plate where they can.

16. fobiawrx

fobiawrx Fabiola

the thread was started after a comment that in another thread from what i see of it? cool if it wasn't meant to be that but when others come in that don't shop there or say one shop is better then the other it retarded. they all do it regardless and it seems to me that map is handling it don't you think?

17. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

I havent shopped at either.... ha ha

all I can say is MAP is the king of BUMP threads.... ha ha ha thats why they went on my ignore list...

18. curly2k3

to an extent... but i honestly, think a fair amount of the things i have heard should have been treated and handled differently. with that said, i am not saying anything specifically with the shop that I, personally, have experienced.

as far as other shops are concerned, i stated above, i have had issues and seen issues with nearly all of them. but its how the shop takes care of the problems, conducts themselves during the issue, and how it is rectified overall that really defines their customer service and the quality of the shop.

all i asked and suggested, was to keep the little pissing match in PMs, we all know there are issues on the board and a fair amount of us know about issues that revolve around the site and some members, no need to beat a dead horse (right now ;) )

19. SubieDave

SubieDave Well-Known Member

I'll agree here. This was a review and should never have been compared to another shop.

Most of us that have posted have done business with this shop, which is why we contributed. As far as others who haven't, I don't know.

The only thing I don't agree with is how MAP has fixed or actually not fixed the issues that have come up. And that does give me a negative outlook on MAP as a whole. Doesn't mean I wont change my mind though either if I see a change in the way they do business and treat their customers.

20. fobiawrx

fobiawrx Fabiola

when the comment that justen made gets said im not going to go to pms. say it in a form you getting it back in a forum so you can see the whole story

21. curly2k3

fair enough, i just know the mods are getting all cranky about derailing threads now apparently... just trying to save you the hassle from them brotha. like i said, i know my fair share about most of the shops around and their downfalls ;)

22. fobiawrx

fobiawrx Fabiola

word. i was on track tell mcloven popped in. cant get in too much trouble. i got to go to bed now anyway....

23. Blageo23

Blageo23 Well-Known Member

I have done many transactions with MAP. Every one of them was GREAT. The customer service was GREAT.
    As I read the first post I really didnt see a problem. When you came in they helped you out did they not? When that did not work they contacted the company for you and the company said to deal with them directly. I am just having a hard time seeing the problem, you needed help and they helped you up until they couldnt. Maybe im just retarded.

24. curly2k3

wimp ;) seriously tho, keep it on track.

the way i see it, this can go one of two ways:

1. MAP reads and responds on individual basis and reacts and redefines where they need to

2. This gets blown out of control, turns into a bitch fit and gets closed and nothing but hard feelings and bitter members come of it.

25. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

EDIT: i've been instructed to not threaten.

26. curly2k3

alright, both of you got some last words in. seriously, this is no better than half of the crap that has gone on in here.

as far as i am concerned, we all know you dislike eachother greatly, apparently, enough to get attorneys involved. get over it, bring it to PMs or shoot eachother IMs. its no better than the personal attacks are with anyone else. this crap isnt even in fun and games, its blatant bashing of other companies and eachother.

27. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

and back on topic. 02blubru..i know it sucks when stuff like this happens but maybe you could have tried dealing with chris in person about it(instead of posting it to the world)...probably could have scored some free parts. i mean dont get me wrong, i'm all about open reviews(honest reviews) and if you did try to solve it with them then by all means this thread is appropriate. i know those guys are growing pretty fast over there and i know that even when you are trying your best to have amazing customer service...a few slip through the cracks.

28. Soupboy

Soupboy Well-Known Member

Nearly everyone in this thread needs a healthy dollop of diaper cream for phuck's sake. Jeebus f'ing christ asshats...settle the F down (and I don't even believe in him or other fairies :))

MAP is a young, growing, local company with a keen and common interest with most (?) of this site's membership - high performance import cars.

Yes, I've had mixed experiences with them too. Parts = good, installs = somewhat suboptimal - but I'm not ready to beat them with my black Gold Toe dress sock loaded with dog shyte and sheet metal screws.

I have the utmost confidence that I can walk into MAP and get great CS from Chris & Co. They aggressively price match other eTailers and often have a lot of the smaller parts we purchase in stock. Who else does that locally? I don't have the time to explore the dankest regions of the innarwebz for every part but I do feel confident that MAP will give me a square deal with great CS on anything I buy from them.

Like any retail business, their rep is no better than their last transaction. I appreciate a bunch of young guys spreading their entrepreneurial wings and trying to grow a business in a cutthroat industry. This is not intended to be an empathetic eJob but rather an expression of hope that the lot of us can douche the sandy remnants from our vahjeenz and *try* to work with local businesses with common interests.

Suck on that.

[tumblez off soap box]

Sean

29. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

Yeah, that was me. My bad, I didn't mean for it to be a comparison. Let me clarify...

What I should have wrote was sorry to the OP and thanks for sharing your experience. This will help us all be more discerning consumers.
    Live and learn tho, there are plenty of vendors, inside and outside of this forum, that are willing to go the extra mile to earn your confidence.

In all honesty, I hope MAP does turn out to be one of these stellar vendors. Despite the whole sales tax thing (which is usually offset by shipping anyway), it's nice to have knowledgable, honest, local vendors... Takes away that eager anticipation of waiting for parts in the mail, but adds a whole lot of convenience. It is also nice to see the community growing and our options expanding.

30. 02blubru

02blubru Well-Known Member

there were lots of points I would like to respond to, but I have had a few beers and I am tired. So to keep this civil from my stand point and what I have said I am going to wait till tomorrow when I get home from work and reread this and touch on the things I want to. that way it is not a drunken enraged bitch fest, but real thought out responses.

31. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Well-Known Member

I have not read every post, but it looks like the points have be addressed, therefore the thread is closed.

Thanks to everyone that provided constructive feedback to our vendors.

32. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Well-Known Member

according the Bill 02BLUBRU these issues were resolved

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.