May 1st car show at MSU Mankato

Discussion in 'Mini Meets' started by millerboy, Mar 24, 2011.

1. RexNEffect

RexNEffect Well-Known Member

It was their first show? Maybe give them a little leeway if that's the case. Plus, the car crowd has to be a lot smaller then say what RK can bring in locally.

And RK meets just seem hypocritical half the time to me, seeing some of the cars that show up ;) . Try going to a Cars And Cafe meet if you haven't already, and you'll be floored.

2. SurlyOldManMN

SurlyOldManMN Omdat fok jou Staff Member

That's kind of what I thought until I actually started going through their website. They took some liberty with redefining the word "rice". If they're true to the message they push on the website, then I'm all about it.

You hitting C&C this Saturday? I'm heading down there early and then hopefully to First Gear to toss on a TBE right after...

3. RexNEffect

RexNEffect Well-Known Member

It's tough for me to make it to C&C since I work at 9 am every Saturday up in Coon Rapids. Occasionally, it works out perfect when I take a Saturday off and it happens to be the first one of the month. Then I make it a point to go. Otherwise, I'm going to try and stop by quick before work this year, since I think they start at 7?

4. 02subbieRS

02subbieRS Well-Known Member

I think C&C starts at 8 if I remember right. I'm planning on making it out there on Saturday.

5. SurlyOldManMN

Yeep. I'm shooting for showing up 7:30-8'ish. I missed the boat last time showing up around 10:30. Still got to see some great cars on the road but I don't want to miss the actual meet this time around.

I suppose I should start an actual thread for this eh?

6. SurlyOldManMN

7. Tash

Tash Well-Known Member

yes it was their first car show, im not bashing it, i think they could have had a better turn out if it was nicer out, i was just upset with some of the things i saw. maybe i just have a twisted veiw of things but if you dont have anything under the hood, dont open your hood?! jsut like if there is nothing in your trunk at a car show, dont leave your trunk open. just my .02. i agree they wont pull the same cars RK does but i think weather, timing, and knowledge of the show mean alot.

8. SurlyOldManMN

I was ok with the basically stock rides popping their hood. I'm a curious guy and I can learn something from just about any car at the moment. I would have expected some serious detailing work on a stock ride if they're going to pop the hood. Some of those guys with the stockers had trash in the interior, etc, but whatever. I was very disappointed that the import category was won by a car that didn't have the hood popped period, let alone anything done to it. That was weaksauce. I'm sure they'll refine it as they put them on annually. Not bad for a first effort, just a little shaky.

I'm sure it will get better as they keep putting them on. The organizer for that event was talking about putting together a road rally down there later on this year. Knowing him and seeing the kinds of roads just out of town, I wouldn't miss that one...

9. Tash

Tash Well-Known Member

ya i think it has potential, i dont think it was bad for a first time thing. kidna wish some of the cars didnt pop the hood (the gto with the horrible intake placement) and some didnt need to (the truck with the intake out the headlight)