May 23rd MN large get togther

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by Musashi, May 17, 2004.

1. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

Hey all. This next sunday at noon, MNsportcompacts.net is having our first meet of the spring/summer. Looks to be our biggest get together to date. Going to be just hanging out grilling up some grub. The usual for us. Come on by. Weaver Lake Park at Weaver Lake in Maple Grove.

http://forum.mnsportcompacts.net/viewtopic.php?t=11625

2. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

IMHO, the last few times I went, it was interesting to check out the cars, but it wasn't like our Subaru meets where it was comfortable, food is provided, and you'd see and learn new things at every meet. For our Subaru meets, it feels like it's worth the time to stay until the end. I may still go because I'm part of the Sport Compact crowd, but I may just stay for an hour or so.

Go MNSubaru! :p

3. RallyNavvie

RallyNavvie Well-Known Member

Well keep in mind MNSC is huge so it isn't as close as the meets were a couple years ago. The MNSC meets are more to showcase/check out the cars, the smaller meets specific to manufacturers are a better platform to do learning and such. I don't think everyone at an MNSC meet would want to see how to decode a UTEC log. I got in on MNSC way back almost when they started it so I still stick around just because it is so amazing how well they did with that group. I remember the first meet I brought my car to at the Harriet Bandshell, maybe 20 cars there. I can't recall Joel, were you around back then too? I thought I was the first Subaru guy there, maybe not. I used to be a mod for their forums way back when they had manufacturer forums :eek:)

4. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

I was at the next meet where it was raining/sleeting/snowing. I was even the 2nd or 3rd car of the month. Again, I will be out of town, so will miss all the fun activities this weekend.

Russ

5. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

i hate work..work hates me..yet i need work..so i have to go work....

6. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

I'm not a big fan of MNSC... I have nothing good to say so I won't go into details.

7. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

btw link is dead...any more info on where it is? some friend ask me about it and they wanna go to it.

8. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

I dont have anything else other than whats on their website, I won't be able to go, so have fun.

http://www.mnsportcompacts.net/

Event Information For May 23rd, 2004

Event Name: Minnesota Sport Compacts Spring Opener
    Event Date: May 23rd, 2004
    Event Information: Well, we finally got this planned and on the calendar. MNSC's spring opener will be held on Sunday, May 23rd at 12:00pm. Location for this meet is Weaver Lake Park in Maple Grove.

Click here for more information on the park We'll have a shelter reserved and will be grilling out, awarding prizes, drooling over cars, and just generally having a great time.

There will be a few local shops attending to talk about what they do and the services they offer, as well as to give away some terrific prizes!

Plan on attending! If you have any questions at all, please feel free to contact us at [email protected]

See you there!