Meet maker?

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by scottishsamurai, Apr 19, 2013.

1. BroCo

BroCo Moderator Staff Member

Who are you and what have you done with Readymix?

2. scottishsamurai

scottishsamurai Member

O that's cute, my sister would probably stab you for saying that but whatever your funeral. Also as for the BS some of you all are saying on here it's every welcoming, really makes me want to be part of the Subaru family... Anyway I talked to a lot of other clubs about the new club idea too, and I do believe it best that it just won’t work out. I do have to say at least all the other clubs I talked to had a lot more respect, maybe some of you guys should take notes
    [​IMG]
    Just an idea, and if a admin wants to delete this thread you can do so as i wont be needing it. Once summer hits, we will be trying to take the club in a different direction. If anyone wants to show some support then hit that like button at; www.facebook.com/icncrew

3. csfiend

csfiend Member

Did I just get dumped?

BroCo, readymix and MNBD like this.
  4. ejholmgren

ejholmgren Member

I think OP should buy a sh*tbox SF Forester as a token of respect. It doesn't have to run, but it must be parked on a paved surface that is visible from the street.

5. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

Let me put this in perspective for you, because you seem to have none.

1.) This isn't the first time that someone has suggested we ditch our roots and become part of some bigger club. Those clubs come and go, we're still here. In my nearly 10 years on this place, I've seen the site split off into two sites due to drama...the splitoff site died shortly thereafter. I've seen other car clubs come and go as well, MNSportCompacts, FiveZeroSeven, DSCE. All larger groups. All failed.
    2.) Saying that your sister would kick someone's ass for suggesting she owned an Eclipse doesn't reflect highly upon yourself. Just sayin'
    3.) Also, the last person to hint at knife/gun/physical violence towards other members didn't fare so well. Be warned.
    4.) After looking over your Facebook page, and as was mentioned earlier, there is a large contingent of people on this site that do NOT approve of the Stance/HellaFlush/Canibeat scene kiddies and their poor taste in wheel/tire fitment. Even if we were a very welcoming group, that are some things that, we, for the most part, don't like to associate with. That scene is one of those things...criminals and criminal behavior, theft, fraud and street racing are some of the others.
    5.) Your reference to respecting other car guys. You came off as weasel-y and sneaky. You dodge questions. You act like the people that are in charge aren't worthy of your time. You came off as pompous. Also, stance-tards aren't "car-guys." They are car "lifestyle" people. And cars are just what they dress up with, for others it is bad music, or clubbing, or dressing in fancy clothing, or wearing flourescent orange/green 'designer' shoes. Car guys are gear heads, not high-school girls accessorizing at Claire's for a certain "look."
    6.) As far as I can tell, you simply want us to "support" you, personally, micromanaging the twin cities and surrounding tri-state car scene all by yourself with your little crew. Sorry, like I said before, we've managed just fine without being part of some car-group-mega-conglomerate for well over a decade. There's no sense starting now. I'm sure there might be some closeted stretch butthole tire types reading this thinking "now's my chance, I can hang with these guys and not get badgered for my poor tire choices." But 99.9% of the people on here are on here because this community is tight, it keeps the riff-raff out, it self polices its image, it has an active user base, plenty of meets, and a great knowledge base for Subaru owners, along with a robust group of vendors, sponsors, dealerships and tuners. Joining your group doesn't help US do anything we don't already do well. And that may sound selfish, but, well, yeah it is. Joining a giant car club should benefit all involved parties. And the only "benefit" I see right now is placing our long standing in the hands of a dodgy child with a facebook page and no direction, that just wants to be the big cheese of the car community.

Also, we don't sell Subarus. If your interaction here has made you decide that you don't want a Subaru, it's no sweat off our ass. If our little webforum had ****-all to do with Subaru's consistant yearly uptick in sales, we probably wouldn't need to take donations for hosting from the members. If your little fun club works out, great, good for you. Again, it's no sweat off our ass if it does or doesn't. We have survived without you for a long time, and we will continue to survive long after your club disappears.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
    shane86, wrxwied, MNBD and 2 others like this.
  6. wrxwied

wrxwied Member

I loved your whole post until I noticed this typo. I was going to "like" it and everything. :p

7. scottishsamurai

scottishsamurai Member

I’d like to say my last post may have came off it the wrong way, so I’ll just answer your numbers;

1) I 1st asked for any info on someone who puts together the Subaru meet for feed back, and thought. And I wanted to meet up with them also to talk further if need be it.

2) I didn’t say she would kick anyone’s ass…just stab them, it’s joke in the terms that she doesn’t car much for cars. Nothing against mine, but yeah its just a 4 banner N/a with ****y MOD support. So I decided to spend more time on looks and putting my own style in it.

3) Yeah I didn’t hint at anything part of the joke, and this just makes it sound like you guys are part of some kind of Subi- Mafia….lol

4) I don’t think there is any reason we all can’t co-exist (but that’s just my opinion) I do feel like the Stance seen opened up a new market which never hurts. The fact that it is not just turning into who can make their car more UN-drivable is beyond me

5) Not really sure the point of this statement, I never talked to anyone from any stance crews about my ideas for the new club just Subaru, Evo, Mitsu, Honda. I was just saying that I was surprised on the reaction given from you guy over others. I like the feed back and history or others, hence they aren’t me, but either way I said we are going to go down a different rout.

6) I wanted to run the club with the leaders from other car clubs, not try and get rid of anyone’s current club. The new club would have just been used for putting open events together, nothing more or less.

That about sums it up

8. Jerf

Jerf Well-Known Member

I can appreciate your ambitions to take a 3 day old car club and try and create the UN like we have some rival war going on here, but the fact is there are no gangs here, we don't run with Johnny Tran and I don't owe Vin Diesel a 10 second car anymore, but the buster did keep me out of handcuffs. Get to know your car and enjoy it for what it is, learn to work on it if you don't know how. Your glow lights will do you no good if your fuel pump goes out and you have no idea how to take your gas cap off. Like it has been already said, we are car people, we do not all dress the same, but we enjoy our cars, and yes there are people on here that do not even drive Subarus :eek:. You don't climb in the ring will Ali because you think can you can box right? We were all young at some point, some of us were young during Fast and the Furious, some were young during Vietnam, but the point is we can coexists because we respect each other and at the end of the day most of us hop into a 6 star car and love it. Lots to learn yet....

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
    yarpirate and ofspunk7 like this.
  9. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

Whoaaaah killer, don't take it personally, you willingly bought a car widely known as a chick car, get used to getting ragged on.

10. tonyM

tonyM Well-Known Member

oh crap..... I drive a chick car too.

Preparing for my getting ragged on... ;)

AWDimprezaL likes this.
  11. MNBD

MNBD Member

I have to say, that of all the forums I've been on in the past, MNSubaru is one of my favorites. The vibe really is different here and I like it. There are also a lot of great people on here. They're willing to lend a hand (or hoist Thanks phi11!!), and help a fellow member out.

I hope I can give back to this community as much as it's already given me.

phi11 likes this.
  12. readymix

I don't even own a Subaru anymore. But I've looked around at other groups...yes, I've looked at the menu, but I didn't order anything. I'll continue to dance with the girl I came with. This place still feels like home, regardless of what I drive now.

You're better off working with an MNSubaru ambassador rather than the leader. Like I said, tangledupinblu would likely be your best bet. He's alot more easy going in that respect. I just don't take too kindly to this sort of thing because we've had a few in the past. And every one of them had big ideas and big plans, but it involved a total takeover of the site. And the people that were proposing it were dirtbags and shady types. My knee jerk reaction to this sort of thing is "no, and **** you."

13. readymix

It was late. I'd say my typographical/grammatical error-to-post ratio is somewhere in the 1:500 range. I'll fix it.

wrxwied likes this.
  14. Mr.Tran

Mr.Tran Well-Known Member

I gotta say this guy has done better than most so far. By now people are pissed/crying or screaming at us because of their car being "winless".

AWDimprezaL, Jerf and readymix like this.
  15. scottishsamurai

scottishsamurai Member

I appreciate what you are saying, I have removed a lot of "Ricy" parts and stickers I first put on my car. I am learning more and more about how my car works, in the past few months I've learn about; changing oil to doing my timing belt.

Like I said in a few of the other post, we have decided to take the group in a different direction and I'll let you all know where we will take it once set in direction. If anyone likes where we do take it then it would be great for some support from you guys, and thanks for some...lol, of the feed back given and also some of the respect and advice.