MN tint b.s.

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by whipsack, Mar 19, 2009.

1. FuJi K

FuJi K Well-Known Member

From what I have understood.... the FRONT side windows must be 50% or more? And the rear can do dark if you want?

2. drivingenthus

drivingenthus Member

yea, fronts have to be 50%

3. CGM2007WRX

CGM2007WRX Well-Known Member

i got a ticket for my windows. they are all at 33%, that is what the meter said. i was also doing 51 mph in a 35 mph though. he said he had to give me a ticket so he let me off with just a tint ticket. i guess having illegal tint kind saved me money in that case! no insurance hike or speeding ticket on the record!

4. PhilSine

PhilSine Well-Known Member

Along with what nm said...

There is a concern of rights and since the ability to operate a motor vehicle is a privledge and not a right the states therefore have the ability to govern the driving privledge as they see fit. This is how they can get away with seatbelt, helmet, child seat, children passengers, open container, cell phone usage laws etc...

5. carl

carl Well-Known Member

same thing happened to me and loud exhaust :laugh:

6. olayx

olayx Active Member

Anyone what happens about a warning? My impreza got 20% all around. Never been harassed about. But i got a warning. He said had to remove it in 2 weeks or next time i get stopped i would get a ticket. That warning ever expire? Is it on my driving record or something?..... Do i have to prove to them i removed them to get rid of this? And yes i did get the warning in eden prairie....

7. Goalie

Goalie MNSubaru Goaltender

I just saw officer happy #32 himself on the way to work this morning, lucky me h was a few cars ahead of me when he pulled into a driveway to set up a speed trap on valley view. :rolleyes:

8. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Those darn cops doing there job's, how dare them! lol

9. Goalie

Goalie MNSubaru Goaltender

They could be doing better thing than handing out tickets for speeding and tint. They could be breaking up your little prostitution scam you got going on down there by the bus station... by the way don't you get cold wearing those little booty shorts in the winter?:ugh:

10. drivingenthus

drivingenthus Member

thats why i try to stay outta the burbs... i goto work in bloomi and then back to the city where they could care less about tint and noise.

11. whipsack

whipsack Well-Known Member

Yes, I think E.P. is especially bad, they don't have as much serious crimes as other areas do. I agree 100% with everythingKSAL said too, the really sucky thing is I MUST drive this way everyday. Only way to avoid officers happy #32 and #14 is to get a job in another city. I have driven all over the metro and never had any problems, Eden Prairie must need the money from tickets I guess....:ugh:

12. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Well-Known Member

It sounds like we all need to start traveling through EP in a herd...then it will be harder to pick one of us out.
    [​IMG]:laugh::laugh:

13. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

These have also blown me away for the longest time! I HAVE to wear a seatbelt in my car, but I don't have to wear my helmet on my bike!!:rolleyes:

LMMFAO at laws being created by total idiots.:laugh:

Also, MANY police(mainly unmarked) cars have illegal window tint on them...but that's ok though!!

14. drivingenthus

drivingenthus Member

hmm, Harley Davidson might have something to do with that! Who do you think rides them?

O-and I'm all for driving in herds!!! :)

15. whipsack

whipsack Well-Known Member

It would be pretty kewl to see a bunch of subies rolling around E.P. We should organize a cruise day. Anyone? anyone?

16. jacbri

jacbri Well-Known Member

Hilarious :laugh:

17. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

lol, leave my damn shorts alone! :laugh:

18. mars_volta

mars_volta Well-Known Member

MN has a stick up its ass about tint. Most other states are around 35%. Some allow any tint on the rear and back.

19. Flat4

Flat4 Well-Known Member

I have 50% on my car and its honeslty not that bad.

20. chriswelckle

chriswelckle Well-Known Member

It's not on your license. It's a prescription or doctor's note. It must state the maximum darkness, and has to be renewed every 2 years. Lupis is a reason for the prescription.(pain in direct sunlight). Migraine headaches are another. You may need to educate your doctor too. They may laugh, but if you are serious and definitely need it, you can get it. I have it. I get many headaches, and bright sunlight just kills me especially in the dead of winter when the light is intense and reflected off the snow and ice!

https://www.revisor.leg.state.mn.us/statutes/?id=169.71

read down to subdivision 4 part 4 b 2

If your wife needed it, or your grandmother who you regularly take to church, or carpooled with someone who needed it, it would apply. But someone needs the note and it must be in your glove box and ready before you ever get pulled over. You can't fight your case after. You will still lose the initial infraction, but would be covered in the future. (My mom learned that the hard way. She's in her 60's and drove a black probe GT(turbo). I think they profile the cars because she hasn't been pulled over since that car. The cop was shocked it was her car, too.

Any questions? PM me at any time or email at [email protected]

Oh ya, and here's all the other states:
    http://www.solargard.com/Assets/PDFs/Performance/StateTint Law Chart 9-18-07.pdf
    this is an international window film associations interpretaton of all the states laws
    I'm just sayin'. Educate yourself then play by the rules!

21. 1meanrex

1meanrex Well-Known Member

Ive seen 50 percent and i dont think its to bad. Ive got to be honest and say i dont understand people with 5% tint on there cars or the douche bags with the chrome tinting. Its probably hard as hell to see out of it and if i was a cop i would probably give you a ticket just because you look like a jackass with pitch black windows. I use to have 35% and many cops could care less, most of the time they're pulling you over because they want to see if they can cite you for something else and if it hasn't been said enough you've got to pay if you wanna play.

22. MiKe319

MiKe319 Well-Known Member

Lol @ cops having anything better to do in EP. I can't imagine how lame and boring and worthless being an EP police officer can be. Somehow the whole year I've lived in EP I have never been pulled over by and cops here ever. They always see me and I hear them clock me on V1 everytime then they will turn around and follow me just looking for a reason to pull me over.

23. chriswelckle

Prior Lake cops have said to a lawyer friend of mine,"we've got better things to do that pull over kids with too dark of tint." Really. But, the law is the law, right?

24. chriswelckle