MNSubaru General Membership Meeting.

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Todd, Mar 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

^that makes no sense. maybe you should reread my post. i'm am arguing that the members need to be more involved in all of the decision making. thats what i've been trying to fight for the whole time.

by todd saying that the "founders" make all the policies and procedures for the club is stating exactly that the members dont have a say in making that policies and procedures. how do you not see that.

could somebody please explain to me how by me saying that i want the members to vote on leaders that make the policies is more dictatorish compared to todd saying that a group of "non elected" ppl that he decides are going to be making all of the policies???

2. Todd

Todd The Originator Staff Member

Who else is volunteering the time and money?

Where were you??

Everyone there had the opportunity to speak.

Come to the meetings.

Why is it NO ONE but you seems to be bitching??? :???:

Please, be a proactive member instead.

Why do you have a problem with the founding members?

3. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

i enjoyed the pizza, though i had work engagments i was a tad late...(i guess you cant turn down morrie's son) had to get him and his family from the air ports

4. wall of tvs

wall of tvs Well-Known Member

IMHO, the guys who started this club/message board/yahoo group/whatever can do whatever the crap they feel like with it.

Nobody is forcing anyone to participate.

:)

5. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

Despite the fact that I couldn't make it, I'm glad there was a good turnout. Everyone set a good example for the club. Thanks to the club for the strong support.

6. PHATsuby

PHATsuby Well-Known Member

So unless my reading comprehension has suddenly disappeared you are asking why the leaders aren't making the policies, and basically making all decisions themselves after being elected by the members, with what seems to be no feedback from the members, because it is their "job" to lead.

IMO they are leading, they are just getting feedback very proactively to make those decisions, the way real democracy should be, not the traditional politician who gets elected and makes all the policies as they see fit, which is what you seem to be saying.

please clarify your post because thats what it seems to say to me.

Ben

7. AWDimprezaL

dont make me tag this thread

8. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

Who else is volunteering the time and money?

MEEEE, 100's and 100's of hours over that last 16 months. And how much time have YOU put into this club that last 16 months? I'd be generous to say 10 hours.

Where were you??

Prior obligations. I realized that is sucks when you completely devote your life to something and you get completely crapped on. Inturn, not wanting to have anything to do with YOU.

Everyone there had the opportunity to speak.

Speaking is different than having the opportunity to ACTUALLY form what the club does. You formed the meeting with a "loaded" agenda.

Come to the meetings.

Look to above.

Why is it NO ONE but you seems to be bitching??? :???:

Because they saw what you and your "o heavenly super active leaders" did to me. Why the hell would anyone want to try to change your amazing thoughts after that.

Please, be a proactive member instead.

I laugh at that. Good one. Maybe you could at least try to be an active member.

Why do you have a problem with the founding members?

I've never had a problem with the founding member, i've had a serious problem with the ideas of how you do things and how you manipulate members thinking. I'm just thankful that a majority of that ACTIVE members know the what is really going on here, and not what you "let" them perceive.

I'm 100% not in to mood to start up drama bs again, i'm just one of "your" most active members, stating his opinions.

9. AspitFire

AspitFire Well-Known Member

oh no, not this again, can you guys please settle this off the boards! I think we have had enough of this the past month to last us for a life time.

10. subaru4

subaru4 New Member

How is it everytime Justin comes in and says something there is a argument

11. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

good question. i'm just trying to state my opinions since i wasnt able to attend the meeting to do it. i guess i dont see any harm in that. o wellz0rz

12. prezawagon

prezawagon Well-Known Member

What is your definition of active members? Because I don't think I know what's "really going on here" from your point of view. Multiple times you've accused the founding members of being manipulative and you seem to imply that they have some kind of hidden agenda. But I have never seen any substance to your accusations, either by actions of the founding members or by examples you've given.

When this "fight" first became public, I was really split on how I felt about it. On one side, I agreed with Tom, that the founders of the club do own the club and they can do what they want. But I also had respect for the amount of work you put into the site and getting the club more active in the last year. But as this drags out, I'm losing more and more respect for your actions. It simply appears now that you tried to take over the club for yourself, by making generic accusations against the founders and doing some domain name tricks (cookie problem, right...) to take complete control of the site.

It would mean a lot, and I think it would impress a lot of people, if you could act mature and be supportive of the founders in their goal of making this a legit club.

So, I'm sure I've pissed you off with this post, but I'm honestly not trying to attack you personally. I just think you should know what this looks like from someone who isn't close to either side.

Joel

13. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

Justin, thank you for your hard work over the last 16 months, and I know I'm not alone in saying thank you. But it's over, the club is being run differently now, grow up and accept that. It may be different from how you want it, but it is being done in a perfectly fair way. I, for one, like where the club is now headed.

14. 02blubru

02blubru Well-Known Member

I like that we are becoming and official club, not just a bunch of guys saying it is a club... You did help us grow to where we are and for that I thank you as well. I am looking forward to having shows and meets like the classic car club I belong to has in diffferent areas.. I am at least hoping that happens some day down the road. my .02

15. 02blubru

02blubru Well-Known Member

ROFL @ giving a damn, that is awsome AWDimprezaL

16. PHATsuby

PHATsuby Well-Known Member

oh good, we are back to the usual Mnsubaru all OT all the time.....

Ben

17. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

^ Sure beats the PI55ING match you guys continue with

18. AWDimprezaL

X eleventy million trillion zillion squillion... do your jobs and lock this thread for the love of GOD

19. ShortytheFirefighter

ShortytheFirefighter Pokemans. I has none. Staff Member

Damn it Jason...I just spit Coke all over the cat. ROFL.

20. admin

admin Administrator

Ok, lets get back on track here.

Admin

21. AWDimprezaL

no more drama pls

22. DISCOPOPE

DISCOPOPE Well-Known Member

yep.
    unless anyone has anything more,
    i think we should just move along with things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.