MNSubaru Gran Turismo 5 League Schedule

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by readymix, Nov 30, 2010.

1. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

You'll definitely want to get in on the following Sunday. That's the STi race. Might even get dirty ;)

2. ofspunk7

ofspunk7 Well-Known Member

I was ready to go with the headset charged... and passed out on the sofa. I guess two full days of snowboarding got the best of me. Time to work on my R34

3. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

You were using lightweight mods.

4. readymix

How, I had the weight limit set to 1400kg

5. AWDimprezaL

He had something.

6. readymix

I will admit that, aside from the non-race-tires guys (how do you still fail at this?), everyone else was cutting 1:08-1:12 for lap times. Shibbs, how on earth were you pulling 1:05's? Even when I nailed a lap, hit every line and made very little mistakes, you still managed to gain 4 seconds on me that lap. What was your setup?

7. subytek

subytek Well-Known Member

I'm really getting sick of the crap servers with this game. Even trying the google DNS didn't help, still got booted after 10 minutes. I have never had this many problems with any PS3 game before.

8. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

I didn't make it but during practice laps I was ranging from 1.07-1.10. I didn't get a good chance to play with suspension and lsd settings but I was able to shave 3 seconds with a few tweaks. Only mods were racing soft tires, adjustable suspension, aero, clutch/flywheel, diff, and oil change.

1.05 is damn good though, congrats!

I probably won't be on the next couple weeks, but once I'm back in town and once football is over, I should be able to make it online regularly.

9. subytek

10. ofspunk7

ofspunk7 Well-Known Member

Those online updates are nice.... Where are the individual gear tweaking options? What is the point of a fully customizable transmission when you can only tweak top speed.

11. readymix

Add more cars. Seriously. Also, next update, make the prize cars re-winnable. That's how people could get cash quickly in the earlier games. The race win money isn't enough later on in the game.

12. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

nascar series! About half a million credits for half an hour of game time. If you gold the first 3 you can usually exit out of the last 2 and still win the overall purse.

13. AWDimprezaL

well I thank my stars that I havent gotten booted yet. Ben we still need to rematch the RWD cars. Dome vs MR2.

14. subytek

We can try tonight if you would like.

15. SurlyOldManMN

SurlyOldManMN Omdat fok jou Staff Member

Good to know. That's the closest I've come to remodeling my tv with the controller in quite some time.

16. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

so for next week, are the new GT-R's going to be allowed? Also, when you say no "engine mods" are you just referring to the engine stages 1, 2, and 3? Being more specific may help!

thanks!

17. readymix

No, only R32, 33 and 34 are allowed (89-03 I believe was the years). The current iteration of the car is not allowed. By "engine mods" i mean, no staged engine upgrades. Same with the lightweight stuff. By disallowing that stuff, it keeps the cost of entry at a more reasonable level for everyone. You can focus your cash on meaningful mods and not spend a bunch of cash trying to "keep up with the joneses."

18. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

Damnit, I knew I should have looked at this thread before I bought the STi last night. THAT is needed two weeks from now. I tried B spec for the first time (I still think it is a dumb idea watch AI race against AI) to make a little cash to buy the needed car for the next race. So now I need to grind a little more to buy a Skyline. Sigh. I don't devote as much time to this as you younger guys do, and my garage is pretty pathetic.

Anyone want to clue me in as to a more precise definition of "meaninful mods"? Just so I know how many credits I need to scrounge up. Thanks.

19. readymix

The price spread for engine and weight reduction mods can total close to 150k for just those things. Alot of people don't have that much money to toss around. We outlaw those upgrades to keep the prices more even. Exhaust and intakes don't cost much, and the top level turbo kit isn't all that expensive in terms of its return on investment. Aside from the Camaro race, things like fully adjustable suspension and fully adjustable transmissions provide slight upgrades, but they aren't always a deal breaker. Someone that has all the lightweight mods and all the engine mods because they had more disposable income than someone that could only afford maybe level 1 weight reduction and engine mod #2, the person with lighter car + gobs of power is going to walk away every single time on the straights. All this restriction does is reduce the cash spread that can actually be spent, the top dollar for a car with weight and engine mods restricted wont have a gigantic advantage over a car that has the mid level suspension mods and race tires. All we are trying to do is keep the races more fair by keeping the grinders like idget from buying out a fully prepped race car against people that may not play as much, like yourself, who may only have the funds to get the full turbo setup and race tires after buying the car.

20. AWDimprezaL

Pick the track! Also, HP limit.

21. AWDimprezaL

anyone even racing tonight?

22. pillboy

I'll be there. Just waiting to see if there is an HP limit so I don't piss away credits.

23. Kanans

Kanans Active Member

I'm in

24. AWDimprezaL

well jason doesnt even respond to texts, if 7 o clock rolls around and he doesnt get back to us, I'm taking it over. I'm gonna say 350hp is a fair number to shoot for.

25. Kanans

Kanans Active Member

I was running 1:05's in practice.... didn't seem too difficult.

26. Kanans

Kanans Active Member

Yeah, I wish I knew where we were racing so I can get set up!

27. AWDimprezaL

I still dont believe it, but show us your stuff tonight, hot shot.

28. AWDimprezaL

Somewhere in tokyo with rain. I'll figure that out too, if he fails to post.

29. pillboy

Since there doesn't seem to be a rain race tire option, I assume sports soft is the way to go since it's raining in Tokyo? Guess I better go friend AWDimprezaL.

30. AWDimprezaL

Run whatever tires you think will work best.

31. Kanans

Kanans Active Member

Every car you buy automatically comes with rain slicks. Go into the tuning screen and take a look.

32. AWDimprezaL

Well its close enough to 7.

Show up tonight with 350 hp, I will pick the track then.

EDIT: make sure its a skyline! No lightweight, no race mods, and no NEW GTRs allowed.

33. pillboy

Well, I'm now back down under 350 HP, but I don't see rain tires in the tuning screen...just sports hard...that's the only option that comes up and there is nothing else to change to.

34. Kanans

Kanans Active Member

hmmm... idk

exit all the way back to the gt life screen, then go into your garage. Go to your skyline and select it. Then click on the "Tune" button. Look under the tires tab and what do you see?

35. AWDimprezaL

it will automaticly give you rain tires if there is rain.

36. Kanans

Kanans Active Member

I added you as a friend on the ps3 network, where you da think we will be racing?

37. pillboy

I see that now when I go to buy tires. Duh. Thanks for reading for me.

38. Kanans

Kanans Active Member

I had the 2nd fastest lap time 1:55.864, but I started last... wtf?

39. readymix

Good race everyone. AWDL finished first, again. It paid to own the R32 in this race, as it was the lightest of the Skylines. And if anyone knows how to turn on the pace car cherries on the GT4 Skyline Pace Car, let me know, lol.

40. AWDimprezaL

You started last on the second race because you posted the fastest lap of the second round of qualifying, jason starts the races, slowest first. The first race he forgot to turn that on.

41. AWDimprezaL

Also, how much lighter is the 32 vs the rest? There was some good racing being had....Behind me! Just a heads up, for next week, I'll be bringing a verII sti, so dont bitch and whine if its lighter than your GD. GC fo life, son.

42. Kanans

Kanans Active Member

I actually started last in both races. And I remember when you got that time before the first race (i might have put down the wrong lap time in my earlier post) I had just gotten pole and you took it away like 30 seconds later, nice lap btw. :) If you exit out to work on your car do your lap times go away?

Oh well, cya guys next week!

43. Kanans

Kanans Active Member

I don't think 200 kg made much of a difference, I was using one of the heaviest Skylines in the game, its all about spending some time tuning beforehand. There was a lot of good racing! And some bad... sorry if I over used my bumper, damn traffic!

44. readymix

No, your lap times stay. You just have to complete a lap again for it to re-register it as your fastest lap. I think the only time it resets it is when the official race is over and you start qualifying again.

45. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker

Kinda pissed I missed this last race. I had a killer car, too. :(

BTW, Jason - with the Camaro race, that car was literally set up in 35 minutes. haha I guess I just lucked out with the settings and whatnot.