MNSubaru Gran Turismo 5 League Schedule

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by readymix, Nov 30, 2010.

1. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

Updates on location?

2. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

ya, location would be good...

Also, I'm guessing that chasis reinforcement doesn't count as weight reduction, even tho it's under that category in the tuning section?...

3. KRYPTO

KRYPTO New Member

no forza?

4. 4drcivicmaster

4drcivicmaster Well-Known Member

i added you readymix, im trying to get in tonights race. my psn is: feligon18

5. AWDimprezaL

chamonix main is the track tonight. bring the snow tires, ladies!

6. 4drcivicmaster

4drcivicmaster Well-Known Member

7. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

Nothing against You, but who's idea was that? I got all set up for Tarmac surface :(

8. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

Jason said a couple weeks ago to expect dirt.....That's what I've been practicing on. Time for some suspension tuning.

9. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

Good time. I enjoyed the race in the snow. I came out of the NASCAR corner to a 22b facing me....it ended poorly. :eek3:

Then I went to pick up a set of street tires, and got that same incompatibility error when I came back. So I started a B-spec race and went to look for a re-airing of Top Gear.

10. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker

Dirty racing is dirty.

The whole "using another car to slow me down" thing is BS all around.

11. fancyfootwork15

fancyfootwork15 Well-Known Member

That race was fun for the entire 1 lap of it. haha.

12. RallyNavvie

RallyNavvie Well-Known Member

I should have tried to get in on this one, I've got some great setups for rally already in GT5 but never get a chance to use them other than to set track times in Practice mode. It doesn't loose you all at once on the dirt tracks, does it? In online play aren't you still on a staggered time start? Is there any time gap adjustment available to lengthen the room between cars?

13. AWDimprezaL

I too was dissapointed with last night, but I had some fun. Getting stuffed into the wall a godzillion times resulted in a 4th place finish. NO MORE DIRT, NO MORE SNOW. :)

14. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker

And THIS is why I said dirt is stupid in GT5.

15. wrexinator03

wrexinator03 Banana Cream

I just started to play gt5 I will have to jump in after I get some more vehicles

16. BroCo

BroCo Moderator Staff Member

I need to get in on the next race.

17. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

I do agree that the race was ridiculous, but there is an easy solution-do a time trial race or staggered start

18. fancyfootwork15

I like the snow races, or maybe i'm biased because I came in first. I do agree we should do time trials if we race on dirt or snow.

19. AWDimprezaL

Need more updates, Mixx.

20. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

Next week's race added. Save you all some money and make you use a car from the garage. Has to be the garage NASCAR. Good luck.

21. blackozone

blackozone Well-Known Member

If you're not first...

...you're last.

22. driftin240

driftin240 Well-Known Member

Second place is just the First loser! lol

23. fancyfootwork15

Oh man, NASCAR? I'm gonna get wasted as The Warriors would say.

24. readymix

...i can turn left better 'n you danica patrick!!

25. AWDimprezaL

Luckily I have a fusion.

26. AWDimprezaL

I'm using my fusion, a stock car is a stock car, disqualify me if you wish, I spent a lot of money on this thing, and I'm going to use it!

27. readymix

You will use the approved NASCAR in the online garage, like it says in the post.

28. pbedroske

pbedroske Well-Known Member

I need to find my old bluetooth. Listening to you guys is frick'n hilarious.

Sorry about my poor NASCAR skills - caused a few t-bones last night during the actual race. But, rubbin's racin'.

And RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR

29. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

Thanks for filling in on my job last night.

30. AWDimprezaL

It was all kinds of gay, and I'm not the only one who thinks so. I'll join you folks again when the nascar **** is done.

31. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

Something, something, just a video game, still less gay than it could have been, something else :p

I had fun watching you guys take your expensive cars out afterword and try to kill each other.

32. readymix

Yep, it's just a game. Have at it. You're in control now, Erik. This is your baby now. Since I apparently made it gay by keeping it fair and accessible, you can go ahead and make it un-gay. I chose the in game garage NASCAR vehicles because I didn't want it to come down to who had more cash to spend on a 500,000 dollar car. I don't have a Nascar in my garage yet, so I was stuck with the ones in the online garage. Much like 70% of the field. The last thing I wanted to happen was for those people to grab the provided car from the online garage, then get stomped by your Fusion with mods. But, just for you, and for the last race I'll bother setting up, it'll be open class. Bring whatever hyper modified car you want. You can even pick the track. Then I'm out. I didn't want this to be a whine fest, I wanted it to be evenly matched racing online in a ****ing video game.

33. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

I didn't have a NASCAR racer in my garage and that is why I didn't show up. Eff me for not even knowing the required vehicle is accessible for use in the online garage. And from what I have read on GTPlanet about open races (not friends by invitation), they quite often suck. Like I said before readymix, thanks for taking the time to set up this stuff.

34. pbedroske

pbedroske Well-Known Member

Go-Karts at Nurburgring!?

35. AWDimprezaL

This is what I was fishing for, a semi-rant from Jason. It would have been much better if you had a mic, big poppa.

36. readymix

I don't know what the hell is wrong with my microphone. The PS3 lists it as a device. But it wont respond to anything. So I try re-connecting to it, and it seems to find it just fine, asks me for the PIN to associate. The mic tells me that it has connected. But then it still doesn't work. I really have no clue why it isn't working right. It worked fine the first couple times, now I do the same thing as before and it doesn't do anything. It's ****ing bluetooth FFS. My crappy LG phone has no issue connecting to it, my laptop has no problem connecting to it. But the PS3 is hit or miss...and mostly miss lately.

37. AWDimprezaL

Fueling a fire when said fire cant respond quickly isnt fun, which transfers into whining, from me, which turns into complaining.

38. blackozone

blackozone Well-Known Member

I missed the race and cried a little. I don't know if anyone could hear that.

39. readymix

When you complained about me using a steering wheel, I was away from the PS3 taking care of some things. I couldn't respond right away to tell you that I was using the controller.

40. AWDimprezaL

Well, half the **** I said I wouldnt have said anything to either, **** texting.

41. Tash

Tash Well-Known Member

i had an issue like that too, my mic always works but for the race on sunday i couldnt hear andyone and i could talk to anyone either (i had the tv sound all the way down to watch some top gear at the same time) but even since then it has worked

42. RallyNavvie

RallyNavvie Well-Known Member

I'd race with y'all but from what I've read in this thread it seems like there's a lot of contact. Have you cranked the mechanical damage on the races to help weed out the offenders? I've been racing online with a group from work and they almost take things too seriously, but at least they offer a different challenge instead of the overly-predictable AI in the game. Since most of us are on the same floor at work there's pretty much zero tolerance for shenanigans and they already banned one guy for using other cars for brakes.

I'd be happy with time trials where your racing lines count more than track etiquette. I never found out if the rally stage events allow you to adjust the gap between cars to still allow for some contact. I think losing a 10 second lead to the car behind you deserves the ricer flyby.

43. readymix

We had the damage cranked up on the NASCAR race. Usually I have it set to low. Depends on the race really. There's some occasional stuffing, but for the most part the races have been clean.

44. fancyfootwork15

I somewhat agree with RallyNavvie. I think mechanical damage should be set to low (if their are different settings). We all know how easy it is to take someone on the inside of a turn and just smash the other car to pull ahead.

45. readymix

Mechanical Damage is always set to "low" during our races. But rubbing happens. Sometimes there are some serious bumps, but I don't think I've heard any real complaining from anyone on that subject. I set mechanical damage to high on the NASCAR race because the competition ends up fierce on those because the cars are all the same and drafting is required. Racing door to door like that will incur some rubbing, but I wanted to avoid people careening off of things to get ahead.