MNsubaru Hookups!

Discussion in 'FS: Everything else' started by fobiawrx, Jul 14, 2006.

1. fobiawrx

fobiawrx Fabiola

****MNsubaru Hookups!****

was just thinking that it would be cool to have a thread that could benifit all of us out sit of the cars. all of us have jobs i would think and most of us with those jobs could get deals for us on this sit. for example. i work in construction; mostly bathroom remodleing, finish work, and tile work. now i work for myself and am always looking for more work to do on the side to make some more money to dump in the car. now if someone one this site needs stuff done to there house, i would be able to get them a good deal on labor ond some wholesale costs on materals. benifits both me and the people on this sit. just thinking it would be cool. i no its allready happening with car stuff like with russ doing injector moding and selling oil ect. but as far as non car related stuff, it would be nice to no of other peoples hookups

2. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

WOW, just in time. I am thinking about puting a bathroom in my basement. You might just come in handy. ANd even with the finishing after I'm done framing and drywalling. I'll give you a call.

Oh, and you can't spell.

3. 6MTizzle

6MTizzle 2SLO

I wish I had something to contribute cuz this is a good idea. I sell insurance...not much I can do there.

4. DISCOPOPE

DISCOPOPE Well-Known Member

photographic equiptment sales.
    boat manufacturing. (wood)
    boat brokerage.
    marina service/slips/storage/gasoline and..... head pumps.

5. fobiawrx

fobiawrx Fabiola

well what kind of insurance. if its car maybe we can talk

BugIedIzzy likes this.
  6. mlgez

mlgez Well-Known Member

Digital SLR? Nikon?

7. 6MTizzle

6MTizzle 2SLO

Sorry...life insurance.

8. Dizmal

Dizmal Well-Known Member

I can drink your beer and alcohol, preferably Canadian Whiskey.

Extremely good, VERY experienced and dedcated to the job. I won't leave untill all your booze is gone!

connor and mtnbykr like this.
  9. techy101

techy101 Well-Known Member

Live audio and lighting (conventional and automated) production services.

Carputers.

Electrical work

10. DISCOPOPE

yep.
    612 379 2321
    aaron

11. fobiawrx

fobiawrx Fabiola

see look at this go! as far as my work goes, tell any one you no about me. could use the bisness

matt haynie
    612-735-8357

12. ILLICITWERX

ILLICITWERX New Member

i farm.... so yeah.... anyone want some cheap dirt?.... buy two clumps get your third for FREE!

connor and mtnbykr like this.
  13. AspitFire

AspitFire Well-Known Member

^ i could have used some black dirt about two months ago, but i just had two big dump truck loads dropped off.

I sell Cellular phones for Cingular Wireless, and can hook you up with a deal on a phone (most of the time)

14. Frogy

Frogy Well-Known Member

I'm a Mechanical designer that works for a Sheetmetal software company as a Application Engineer. This means I can make some pretty cool parts out of just about any metal for most any application that doesn't require a draw form.

15. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

Name someone in construction that can...I'm sure they don't have to be spelling "B" Champs with their jobs LOL.

16. KSAL

KSAL Well-Known Member

Aspitfire my girl really wants to get a different phone cuz her's sucks. She has cingular. If you could PM me with how much just a razor phone would be. Thanks man. see ya later

17. Speedemon

Speedemon Well-Known Member

Well i work with hazardous chemicals so i cant help to much....if you need to kill someone or make a bomb I'm your man!

Ntxhuav_Khang and mtnbykr like this.
  18. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

Interesting...I might have something for you too. More confidential than my basement project though.

LawnMaster likes this.
  19. RichWRX

RichWRX Well-Known Member

I work with explosives if that helps anyone :)

20. Speedemon

Speedemon Well-Known Member

this thread should get moved into off topic

21. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

i detail, anyone want a wax/buff?

22. MNAutomatic

MNAutomatic New Member

if you get tar and all the other nitty gritty stuff on my car I would take you up on that AWD. I do the occasional wax on my own but I would really like someone who knows what they are doing to go at my car and make her look pretty.

23. AWDimprezaL

i sure can, just lemme know, im free weekends and evenings (accept weds)

24. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

asking price?

25. 02blubru

02blubru Well-Known Member

I fix tv's, let me know and I will help anyway I can... I also do some other electronic repair, but TV's are my strong spot, that and I actually have access to parts for tv's....

26. predavore

predavore Well-Known Member

Anyone do PDR?

27. AWDimprezaL

i'll do a 1 step polish or wax for 20 bucks (using buffer of course)

28. techy101

As nice as it would be to have the time to wax my car whenever it needed it, it's just not realistic, and I'm sure that goes for a lot of the other people on this board. Unfortunately between work, and all of the day to day crap that has to be done a lot of people don't have the time/energy to take care of these things whenever we please.

I usually wax my own car, but for a good price I'd be willing to pay someone else to do it if it needs doing and I just don't have the energy.

But truth be told, there was no need for a comment like that. Unless you have something usefull to contribute, please don't fill up a good thread with mindless post-whoring.

29. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

lets talk..... er.......... i mean.............. i dont want to make a bomb..... not at all! lol

Techy: my buddy just got into the audio engineering field. you wouldnt happen to know of any job oppurtunituies? apparently its a hard area to get employed in.

Disco: can you do developement? i have a couple pics that i would like redeveloped. didnt turn out so well the first time, need to be darker.

as for me i work with PVC coating, so there is a small chance i might be able to coat a few small things. also i can get wholesale on Boker knives, and possibly some deals on fireworks.

30. AWDimprezaL

alex, im sure you being one of them dont know jack about buffing, buffing and waxing are two totally different things, but for best results should be done at the same time. and i agree with techy, dont ruin a perfectly fine thread.

31. techy101

Unless you want to work for beer for local bands, most of the time you won't start out anywhere near a board. I'd say to have him call the IATSE Local 13 and get on their call list. It takes about 6 months to get your first call, but once you do you can start taking gigs from them. You'll start out pushing boxes for your first couple of years.

Also look into local production services companies. (Allied Audio Services comes to mind) Call them and get on their call lists. Again, you'll start out at the bottom of the food chain, definetly not in an engineering position, but it's a way to work into it.

It's a very hard field to get a start in, but it can be done. Just as long as you're willing to work in the trenches for a while. (usually) no one is willing to let you run their very expensive board until they have known you for a good while, and really trust you.

It does differ slightly if he/she's looking into Theatre, Concert, or Corporate work. Corporate is boring as hell, but pays the best, and is often the easiest way to break in. Theatre is very very hard to break into, and you will start out in the low budget theatres. Concert is totally the luck of the draw with the overhire crew calls, but it's all pushing boxes because the bands tour with their own "white glove" engineers.

Oh, and from personal experience on this one, whatever he/she does, don't act cocky. It's not tolerated, and it'll bite them in the ass like... (Nathan, can you fill this blank with a fong quote?:laugh:). I had my ass handed to me a few times when I got started before it really sank in, and I know I lost gigs cuz of it.

32. kubafett

kubafett Well-Known Member

I do Hardwood Floors and Ceramic Tiles if anyone is interested. PM me for my number.

33. rskm1

rskm1 Well-Known Member

I was half tempted to take up live soundboard mixing as a hobby, just because I've been to soooo many local concerts where the sound just isn't balanced right, or the sound guy showed up late.

There's DEFINITELY a demand for them, if you're reliable and competent. Don't expect to get rich off of it, but if you want soundboard work, just visit a bunch of local bars with live music (see back half of free CityPages) until you find one with crappy sound or a late/drunk/missing sound guy--- and offer your services to the bar manager ("first one's free!").

As for me, my primary skills are object-oriented design and programming... probably not much demand for that as a side-project =).

34. SLoBaru

SLoBaru Well-Known Member

I'm a mechanical engineer, mostly do CAD work. Don't know if that would help anybody though, unless any of you guys want solid modeling done.

35. Dynapar

Thanls for the synopsis. i will make sure he reads it.

36. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

+1, we are at sister stores, have to call his store every other day for phones we're out of to sell at my store lol.... we suck.

37. Nuke

Nuke Well-Known Member

if computer parts and sales, call me, we have tons of used stuff for really cheap

651 399 3340
    name's nuke
    but yea, call me up, ask me question, i'll tell you what we have

38. Dizmal

Dizmal Well-Known Member

IT guy. Install hardware, software and network your pc's. I'm sure most everyone knows how to do all of this anyways so I doubt it will help.

39. DISCOPOPE

i can scan and try to fix exposure.

are they color neg or are they black and white?

40. Dynapar

i believe they are color neg. i took em with a disposable camera a few years ago lol. ( i think that is part of why that didnt turn out so hot).

41. Chuanpreza

Chuanpreza New Member

Yeah, another IT Network Administrator type of guy here. I can help out with WIFI, building pcs, PC Cash Registers, bladibla. Anyway, I never mind helping out or answering questions on the side, makes it not seem like PCs are just work.

Seeing Cingular guys here, I was hoping a Sprint guy would appear! (have a $650 phone that has another year before im suposed to upgrade...)

42. LilRed

LilRed Well-Known Member

i work for dish network, highly doubt that will help anyone either

43. DISCOPOPE

note,
    if you call me here at the shop, let me know you are from mnsubaru!

if you don't, i'll quote you normal prices!
    :eek:

44. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

You guys do laptops? I need a motherboard for my toshiba A75-s226

45. prezawagon

prezawagon Well-Known Member

I'm looking for someone to do some vinyl flooring and carpet installation. PM me if you do this kind of work and I can give you more details.

Thank you,
    Joel