MNsubaru Hookups!

Discussion in 'FS: Everything else' started by fobiawrx, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Jwhy

Jwhy Well-Known Member

Just PM'd you the code! Enjoy

2. GotGrip?

GotGrip? Member

Not sure if this will help but I'm an estimator at a body shop in Brooklyn Park, if anyone needs something looked at or fixed feel free to PM me

tangledupinblu likes this.
  3. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

First read through I missed the word "feel" between "fixed" and "free".

GotGrip? and tangledupinblu like this.
  4. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

That version gets my attention for sure!

5. jonny8852

jonny8852 Well-Known Member

looking for an install of a Alpine STP-445U on a 2016 WRX HU price

6. skubi1

skubi1 Well-Known Member

Going to need an adapter if you want to retain steering wheel controls if you don't already have one :D

7. tangledupinblu

What he said.

8. jonny8852

jonny8852 Well-Known Member

Yep, I have the break out harness. Isnt that all that I need since I am still using the stock HU? I am only adding the Alpine power pack to the stock system atm

9. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

This isn't really a MNSubaru hookup as I am not involved with this company in any way other than as a customer, but homeowners often need these services. From what I've read in a variety of places, people have "issues" with certain HVAC contractors, so I just want to throw out there a company that I have found to be very reasonable and ethical.

Our home air conditioning went out very early Sunday morning (7/25/2021 as a timeline reference for this information) and it was fixed this morning (7/27/2021).

The problem ended up being a failed capacitor (a very common home AC failure as I am sure some of you already know) in a 15 year old Trane unit. The contractor that installed the system in 2006 no longer provides service to our suburb, so a few years ago I went in search of a new HVAC contractor for furnace maintenance - today was the first time I have used them for air conditioner service.

Ray N. Welter Heating Company, family owned (four generations) and based in south Minneapolis did the repair. They service mainly the western side of the metro area, including Minneapolis and St Paul. The repair broke down as follows: $91 truck fee, $35 for the capacitor, and $29 for labor, for a total of $155. More than reasonable in my humble opinion even though the diagnosis was visual (the capacitor bulges) and quick to change, 5 minutes including the walk to the truck and back for the part. The tech (Scott) was very pleasant and happy to answer some HVAC questions that I had and didn't mind my watching him. The charge was so reasonable and my wife and I were so miserable for two days and happy to have this resolved, that I tossed him a $40 "tip" for lunch.

Welter does not have a minimum labor charge and bills in quarter hour increments (currently $116 per hour). There was an up-charge on the part over what you can buy them for on Amazon (according to an electrical engineer friend that recently spent $450 for the same service, although it was on a weekend). The base "truck fee" remains the same for after hour service, but labor is higher, which is understandable. Their techs do not work on commission so you don't have to endure an upsell spiel for a maintenance contract (I'm looking at you Total Comfort out of Golden Valley).

All in all a very satisfactory experience...other than living without air conditioning for two days in mid 90s heat. Working in air conditioning for 40 years turned me into a total pussy when it comes to comfort. Sorry this was so long, but many service interactions nowadays are less than pleasurable so I get a little giddy when I receive good service.

10. silver03

silver03 Well-Known Member

Needing some tree trimming work done. Can't put it off any longer. Referral?

11. MidnightImpreza

MidnightImpreza Well-Known Member

I do believe Dean (the concrete guy) also does some tree services.

Major-oaks.com

Butthau5 and silver03 like this.
  12. tangledupinblu

Dude! I used this guy this summer to take down two huge paper birch in our yard. This guy lives and breathes tree removal. A serious passion for the trade! I will use him again as we have an ash that has suffered the dreaded emerald ash borer. He has a friend who does stump removal in a timely and affordable fashion as well!

His name is Justin. I’ll PM you his info!

pillboy, silver03 and Butthau5 like this.