MNsubaru Hookups!

Discussion in 'FS: Everything else' started by fobiawrx, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Torc

Torc New Member

unless you need a house leveled or a road built, my job will be of no help here. and not all construction workers are idiots. i chose construction over an office job because i can't imagine being inside all day...anyhow if ya need me to wreck sh!t on a large scale, i'm your man :biggrin:

2. 99legacy

99legacy New Member

im in the medical field so unless you need me to scrape your a$$ off the sidewalk(goin to school for paramedic)... not much help. i can help with car wiring(know enough to be dangerous) if you need a had pm me.... im pretty good at getting a vehicle set up for the first time with amp wiring

3. Gaar@

Gaar@ New Member

i fix computers (certified mcse and a+) and video game consoles ps2/xbox (also mod stuff).

4. JeWrX

JeWrX Well-Known Member

I work at Circuit City, if anyone needs to buy a TV, let me know, ill hook you up phat!

5. techy101

techy101 Well-Known Member

^what kind of discounts can you get? I'm contemplating a new TV in the near future.

6. TrisNiN

TrisNiN Well-Known Member

Network Systems Engineer, I do general computer related work as well on the side, and can get great prices on most equipment (except Dell firestarters) since we buy large volumes, and have plenty of used equipment that we pull from clients.

As a side note, any other IT related guys have around 8 computers and 3 servers in their house, or do I just have a disease...

7. techy101

^I may also be interested in the near future if you can get good deals on the old P4 chips that are being phased out. (Or extremely good deals on the Core 2 Duo chips)

I didn't have quite that many, but I did have 5 computers (2 laptops, server, carputer, media center pc) and one standalone raid array. (And for a while an Amiga 4000 Video Toaster/Flyer system. Best video editing computer ever. Analog capture, and 0 render times. With a whopping 16mb of RAM)

8. TrisNiN

TrisNiN Well-Known Member

Sweet a video toaster, we had one of those until it stopped working, and parts were extremely hard to find. I still have two Mac Lisa's under my stairs, the video toaster may still be there as well...

I am the only person I know (outside of my company...) that has an extra $60K policy for electronics tied in with their homeowners.

People think I am wierd when they see better equipment in my house that at their office. Let me know what CPUs you want and I will check the prices. AMD is dropping their prices next week because their sales dropped of since the Intel released the Core Duo's. I am sure Intel will follow suit.

9. mlgez

mlgez Well-Known Member

Well running (have more sitting on the floor) I have 2 Linux server, 1 Linux firewall, 1 Linux workstation, 1 winblows workstation, 1 winblows laptop, and 1 Linux laptop. Then my wife has her winblows laptop and her very old Mac desktop. Wonder how much I pay in electricity to have those running:)

10. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

hmm i have about 8-9 computers in the house. not all are mine and not all of them work right now.

i am interested in the processors. it would be cool to upgrade to duo core.

11. esperunit

esperunit Well-Known Member

I have quite a bit of extra insurance for that purpose too. I have an entire studios worth of recording equipment (hafler amps, event monitors, turntables, three mixers, Nord Lead 2, Korg boards, various audio interfaces, outboard processors compressors, DAT etc.) on top of three laptops and three desktops and a 7 bay CD duplicator all sitting around 2 rooms of my house.

I keep that **** locked up tighter than a drum and have a good securty system as well. lost a ton when my last studio go robbed (my original Emu 6400XL, a yamaha 01V board, Alesis monitors, event monitors, Akai S2000, an entire rack of stuff, two turntables and a mixer... gah)

12. badbennyb

badbennyb Has no title

So yeah I've got some sorta Dell computer I bought at the mall its black and silver I even upgraded to a JUMBO flat screen thing and bought a wireless mouse.;)

Oh and since this is about hook ups sorry I really don't have anything to offer. I pretty much spend most my workdays collecting blood at the slaughterhouse or reading magazines while I sit at a computer printing labels.

13. MGXRS#1

MGXRS#1 Well-Known Member

I work at Dominos I get half off all the time so if your in rogers hit me up

14. subaru4

subaru4 New Member

I work at a place that has go karts, mini golf, driving range (which you can break windows in cars), batting cages (4 quarters=20 balls), arcade, bumper boats.

15. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

unfortunately, the location doesn't help too much. But, we just started a string quartet (well, we've been playing alot, and all summer together, but we just decided to make it official). We're called the North Shore String Quartet. We usually do weddings/receptions, but we can do any sort of reception/party. great background music.

I don't do the coordinating, so I can't give you a complete price quote, but we can work sometihng out. most weddings (up to 15 minutes before the ceremony, processional, any music you'd like during the ceremony, recessional, and up to 15 minutes after) are $350-$400, we could probably do it for ~$300

We don't charge extra for anything in duluth, and will travel as far as Two Harbors or Cloquet for free. beyond that, we do charge....but we are willing to travel (especially now that my wagon runs!!), a couple weeks ago we went to lutsen for a ceremony!

We can also help you get in touch with a few good places where you could get married. Grand Superior Lodge is an awesome place (where we play most of our weddings, right on the shore of Lake Superior, gorgeous view), and we've got a connection to a priest who does absolutely great ceremonies there. With him running the ceremony, it's just about impossible for anything to go wrong!

hopefully within a month we'll have a webpage up. and within 2-3 we'll have a demo CD available (we've already got a hookup for the recording/editing stuff....but thanks)

16. MNWRXWagon

MNWRXWagon New Member

I work in residential heating, air conditioning and ventilation. We do work anywhere in the metro area. You can email me if you need info at [email protected].
    Jarrod
    Apple Valley

17. B1Bone

B1Bone BANNED

Anyone got a hook on paintballs?

18. T-REX5000

T-REX5000 Well-Known Member

Well no paintballs here, I am a mechanical engineer, more specifically an applications engineer for a company that makes commercial aur handling units. Dont think I can help anyone out though the units I work on are $1,000,000+

anyone got any info on getting some discounted rims? Preferably powder coated to battle the winter.

19. Scooby02

Scooby02 Well-Known Member

I do

I do Graphics, Signs, and Decals if anyone needs anything. I am also the one that makes the MN SUBARU stickers.
    Call If you need anything
    612-940-1424
    Dave
    Gearhead Graphics

20. phi11

phi11 Well-Known Member

stickers! ^ nice. (do you have an gerber edge?)

21. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Well-Known Member

Baha. I'm a techy working for the U of M. No, you're not alone! I am the same way. You would think that administering computers for 300+ users would damper my home computer use, but it sure doesn't.

On a side note, if you live around the cities, I'd be willing to do computer work (including home network) for fellow Subie guys. Just let me know!

-Nate

22. N1ceDrgn

N1ceDrgn New Member

No, it's no disease, it's a side-effect of the job. I've got my own stock pile of computers and parts. (another IT guy) Getting back to the post, I can't produce any discounts but I'm a pretty skilled mechanic and have no problems lending a hand if anyone needs it. I may also have some garage space to use while working on cars as well (once I get my 240 out of the space).

Also, if anyone has interest in salt water aquariums, I can lend a hand there as well. Another job I'm working is at Ocean Devotion in Savage, MN. I thought about updating my post after another MNSubaru member came into the store last week with his gf.

23. Scooby02

Stickers

I Use a Panther Cutter, very similar to Gerber. Yes all the decals are outdoor vinyl, and I only use high end vinyl as well, no cheap stuff. I can do anything needed and Special Orders are WELCOME!!

24. Scooby02

Pet Store??

Anyone in the Pet Store business? Im looking for a 55 galon Aquarium if anyone hopefully has hookups. and or some exotic fish.
    Thanks
    Dave

25. Hallywood

Hallywood Well-Known Member

Another tech junky here, I work for IBM, playing admin for 3500 boxes. I try and stay away from my home pc as well, just doesn't happen.

26. tmarc12366009

tmarc12366009 Well-Known Member

Phone Guy!!!

FYI... I am a National Account Representative with T-Mobile covering a specific territory of the metro area here...

No I don't unfortunately have a special hookup on a specific phone, but if you're sick of those other crappy providers (Stinkular, Sprint, etc.) I know of good places to purchase your new award winning T-Mobile service when looking to switch!!!

Oh yeah, plus I know quite a bit of useless information about cell-towers and wireless technology and cell-phones and so forth...

*Will trade cell-phone knowledge for Subie knowledge*

27. fino22

fino22 New Member

I do Nightclub Promoting - currently throwing parties at Fahrenheit Nightclub every first Saturday of the month and working on some other clubs right now so I usually know whats going on downtown (www.mnpure.com) Also do some graphic design and web design on the side.

My full time job is Marketing/Advertising for a Sr. Community (www.crestviewcares.org) so if you know someone that is 62+ looking for a place to live let me know.

28. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

jobby-job

I can remove your asbestos,lead,or mold!!!:cool: It can be pretty spendy if you hire a contractor,like $85/hr+ save mucho denairo!

29. AspitFire

AspitFire Well-Known Member

^^
    Bob Dylan fan? Great song!

30. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

definitely! great song, it was also the first thing that popped into my head when i met the love of my life! my blue 02 that is!

31. ImportImage

ImportImage Vendor

Do i count? lol

32. SomethingsWrong

SomethingsWrong Well-Known Member

Depends on how good the hook-up is. lol :)

33. ImportImage

ImportImage Vendor

send me a pm with what you want...or give us a call and i'll make you a deal :p

34. bummpy

bummpy New Member

I work in a full fledged machine shop. CNC everything (except a 5 axis mill... for now), blanchard grinders, the works.

I'm an office monkey, so my knowledge on how to run alot/most of this stuff is limited. I don't neccessarily have free reign throughout the shop, but I can use it for a personal project here and there.

oooo, and we're buying a laser marker in a couple weeks too.

35. techy101

BUMP to this. Does anyone work at Best Buy, Ultimate Electronics, or Circuit City???

36. AspitFire

AspitFire Well-Known Member

not yet ;)

37. Dynapar

one of the eriks (black04wrx) works/used to work at ultimate in minnetonka. i havent seen his car there in several months though. so i dont know if he still works there or not. he doesnt visit the boards very often either.

38. Brewski_143

Brewski_143 Well-Known Member

I work at Tires Plus in New Hope. If anyone needs tires just call me. Let me know your from MNsubaru and I'll get you the best deal on tires that I possibly can. I can get anything but the best deals will be on Bridgestone and Firestone. The number is 763-525-1583 and make sure you ask for Tim.

P.S. I also do sidework on crotch rockets still good deals too! PM me if you have questions

39. Nuke

Nuke Well-Known Member

I just called, they asked, which Tim?

:eek:

40. Brewski_143

Brewski_143 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah sorry I forgot we have 2 Tims. My name is Tim Brewski. Otherwise I'm the only salesman Tim. I"ll be at work till friday this week working anywhere between 9 and 6. Give me a call!!

41. mn_sti

mn_sti Well-Known Member

I work with Polaris ATVs. Glad to help if I can.

42. TRUBLU

TRUBLU New Member

Miller Hill Subaru Duluth.

43. PRA4SNO

PRA4SNO Well-Known Member

Bay Hill Ventures (real estate investment firm)

If you're looking for homes in the $700,000 through $7,000,000 on lake minnetonka, let us know.

I run the real estate management portion. Keeping up the houses from purchase to sale. I also have renovated several houses in order to help their sale. My services consist of (but not limited to) -
    -Window/door installation/addition
    -Small framing work
    -small plumbing/electrical work.
    -Installing and wiring lighting
    -Landscape lighting (I only do the high end stuff. No junk)
    -Drywall. (patching, in-wall shelves, etc.)
    -Painting
    -Lawn maintenance
    -Land scaping (small projects)
    -tree removal
    -Clean-ups
    -Pressure washing (siding, driveway, boats)
    -Deck staining (I'm REAL good at this)

Anything else in that realm, let me know.

44. SomethingsWrong

SomethingsWrong Well-Known Member

He also does ok on Jeep suspensions. But you need somebody bigger to operate the prybar. ;)

45. Dynapar

can you do magnets? like say a 8" diameter multi colored one?