MNSubie Club Officer Nominations Official Thread

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Scuba Steve, May 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Well-Known Member

This is the thread to openly discuss who you feel would do well as a MNSubie Officer.

Please read the Officer roles carefully before nominating people for the positions.

Understand you may nominate a person, but the nominated party must agree to run for the position and fill out the application before it's official.

You can nominate a person through May 20th. Elections will be held online and at the meeting on the 22nd.

Please keep this thread clean and on-topic.

Term Information:
    Elected office positions are 18 months long, 6 months overlap with past officers. So, the first three months of the term are working with the old board, and the last three months are helping out the new board. This is to help the transition between elected officials.

Position: President
    Shall be responsible for presiding over the monthly business meetings and executive committee meetings, vision casting for the group, and leading by example. The President shall vote only when one vote is required to break a tie. The President shall be the second signer on all accounts. The President shall be accountable to the executive committee as a whole and to the Vice-President individually for his actions and decisions.

Position: Vice-President
    Shall be responsible for assuming the role of the President in the event of an absence or vacancy, and to complete the term of the President in the event a vacancy does occur. The Vice-President will hold the President personally accountable, and will coordinate and hold accountable the standing committee chairpersons. The Vice-President is an ex-officio member of each standing committee, and will be the liaison between the standing committee chairs and the executive committee. The Vice-President shall be accountable to the executive committee as a whole and to the Treasurer individually for his actions and decisions.

Position: President Elect
    This is the first three months of the new president's term in which they work with the existing president.

Position: Past President
    This is the last three months of the president's term in which they work with the new president.

Position: Treasurer
    Shall be responsible for the finances of the group, receiving and dispersing all moneys and rendering account of all receipts and expenditures. The Treasurer shall be the first authorized signer on all group financial accounts. The Treasurer shall be accountable to the executive committee as a whole and to the Secretary individually for his actions and decisions.

Position: Secretary
    Shall be responsible for recording the meeting notes and publishing those notes to MNSubaru.com

Position: Member at Large (2 positions)
    Shall be appointed and approved by the general assembly and shall be a member of the executive committee. The role of the member at large is to represent the interests of the general assembly, and to be the watchdog of the executive committee. The member at large may be called on by the other members of the executive committee to aid in the function of their offices. The member at large shall hold the executive committee accountable, and shall be accountable to the general assembly.

Position: Social Director
    Shall be responsible for Planning, promote and generate enthusiasm and interest for the Club's diverse social programs. Arrange for special publicity needs and supplies for each event; decorate areas for promotions. Keep accurate history on file of each event; write up follow-up correspondence. Book bands and entertainment; agree on fees and times; contract for and monitor entertainment. Coordinate food and beverage; plan and coordinate food promotions. Serve as the Club’s liaison with the social and other committees as appropriate.

Position: Moderator Liaison
    Shall be one of the existing moderators of the MNSubaru Forums who is elected to the board and will be responsible for communication between the Moderators and the Board of Directors.

2. prezawagon

prezawagon Well-Known Member

3. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Well-Known Member

I would like to nominate Josh (Tangledupinblu) for Social Director. I believe his credentials with the past and present LAX cruises should speak for themselves.

I also believe he does a great job at communicating with all "factions" of the active members of this website. On top of it all, he's a nice guy. :)

4. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

i second josh's nomination.

5. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

Can we get a list of all current Moderators eligible for this position?

6. Scuba Steve

all mods/admins are eligible.

Mods

Prezawagon
    Esperunit
    Fuji K
    Dynapar
    Chux
    Scandiawrx
    Mlgez
    Scuba steve

Admins
    WRX1
    Steve-o
    Todd
    Bikerboy

7. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

I nominate Prezawagon for the Mod Liason thing.

8. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

2nded

9. Scuba Steve

10000000000000000000000000000% agreed!

10. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

3rd that notion

11. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

agreed with all

12. Soupboy

Soupboy Well-Known Member

I nominate Curly's candy pants as official uniform of the BoD. Other than that, I concur with the forgoing.

13. Rexarew

Rexarew Subie Girl

I agree w/ you all as well.
    my vote : Prezawagon-mod liason and tangledupinblue-social director

14. prezawagon

A few things,

- You do not need to be nominated to apply for a position.
    If you want to run for a position, just fill out the form. You don't _have_ to announce it, but it'd probably be a good idea to let people know you're running and tell them a bit about yourself. The may 8th meeting is also a chance for candidates to step up and talk.

- Nominating someone doesn't guarantee they will be on the ballot.
    We need to have people who are willing to do the job for a year. So, I can't just nominate my brother for example and he never logs into the site and all of a sudden he's president (although that would be funny).

So, any ideas for the other positions?

15. Scuba Steve

BUMP for more nominations or officer candidates

16. readymix

I want to see some self nominations. Someone should step up and nominate themselves.

17. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

I will nominate myself for the treasurer position.

I have been doinging it since the site split (and most of the time before that). I have all the records of almost everything the club has purchased since I have been doing this full time. I am in the process of make this job a bit easier by getting some tools/supplies that are needed. Since I also take care of the club stickers/t-shirts/MNSOC cards, it makes things a bit easier to have access to paypal account to get the supplies purchased when needed.

Russ

18. wall of tvs

wall of tvs Well-Known Member

+1 for Russ on that

+1 for Joel on the mod liason guy

+1 for dr. tangled for the social director guy

19. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

X3 ^^^

20. Nuke

Nuke Well-Known Member

+111111

21. pksublime

pksublime Well-Known Member

it's already been said in many threads, but i'm going to run for the treasurer position too

22. Ylime

Ylime Well-Known Member

:biggrin: agreed.

23. prezawagon

Any ideas for pres, vice pres, secretary?

24. wall of tvs

wall of tvs Well-Known Member

how about we just vote Joel in for supreme mnsubaru chancellor

25. Bullwinkle

I'd like to nominate Lee (Blackozone) for one of the member at large positions.

I think he does a good job at making light of all the "drama" issues on the website, but also being (somewhat ;)) respectful of everyone involved. I also think he makes good representation of a large number of the regulars on the website.

26. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

i would agree with nate on that

27. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

alright, who has the balls to get this train wreck back on track(step up as pres)

28. Jackstand

Jackstand Well-Known Member

I dont think it is a matter of who has the BALLS its a matter of who can devote that much time to it. I would do it i am just unsure as to how much free time i will have during the week days.

29. Paul Revere

Paul Revere BANNED

30. TSTRBOY2004

Train Wreck... I guess comments like that help it move forward....

I agree.. I dont want just anyone to be President... I dont care for the person in charge to be liked by all... I want someone whom knows what they are talking about, arent just full of it.. someone who loves cars.. NOT just subies but is truly passionate about motosports... in this case especially Subies'.. ha ha

Wow I think I just described Mike Wagner... ha ha to bad he isnt on here more... ha ha ha.. guess he is to busy doing it and not writing it ;)

31. Rexarew

Rexarew Subie Girl

What about Brian Shorten??
    I don't know him but he always has good advice and from his posts knows his car stuffs.

32. prezawagon

I think along with worries about how much time it'll take, people are just being a little modest/shy maybe about stepping up. No train wrecks that I can see... things are moving forward.

We did try to make the guidelines for the first year reasonable as far as the number of meetings, etc. I don't think it will take a huge amount of time, but it IS going to take a consistent effort throughout the term, regular communication, updates, etc...

The group of officer should be able to work well together, everyone is going to have other obligations from time to time and people might have to fill in. That's one reason why the number of meetings suggested for the first year is low, 2 club meetings, 1 officers only meeting.

I personally am still debating the time investment that would be needed, so I understand that concern. There's no way to really know how it's going to work out since we haven't done it before...

some names of people I think could do a good job as officers, I won't limit them to specific positions...

Scuba Steve
    Bullwinkle
    Carl
    Boomer
    Piddster
    02blubru
    Todd
    Musashi
    Vector
    kickin_81
    Nathan
    readymix

33. Bullwinkle

Thanks Joel.

Ok, I'm going to apply for a Member at Large position.

I have met a large number of the active members of this forum, and have also attended a number of the larger events in the past couple years. I think I could accurately represent a large number of these folks and their interests in the club.

I also am sure I can handle the time commitment that the club requires at this time.

34. TSTRBOY2004

must be a different Nathan... ha ha ha

35. Bullwinkle

Also, I agree with pretty much all of the names Joel put down, even though I have not actually met a few of those folks.

I would like to specifically give a nomination to Scuba Steve for one of the positions. I think he does a great job as a moderator, and I also believe he would be a good fit for President, VP, or another position. Dave, what do ya' think?

36. readymix

aww, I <3 you too, Joel.

37. Paul Revere

Paul Revere BANNED

I don't nominate Dave, even though he does a great job he has openly admitted to me he has enough on his plate with work and his family life.

38. 02blubru

02blubru Well-Known Member

I would be willing to be a co- social director. I am always willing to help, but just usually don't have the time it takes to completly run an event like the lax cruise.

so yeah, I will help if you want..

39. Scuba Steve

I assume Justin you meant no harm with your train wreck statement. ;)

Thanks Nate (Bullwinkle). I'd really like to run for a position as I really care about the long term potential of MNSOC & MNSubaru. However, Chet is correct, I'm currently running at 110% capacity. If I decide to run for a position and actually become an officer I would have to step down as a full time moderator to free up the required amount of time needed to truly fulfill an officer position.

I just don't know...

40. prezawagon

Well, obviously... :roll: :biggrin::laugh: just kidding, sorry I put your first name intead of your username, but yeah, you'd do a good job.

Yeah I should just use first names to nominate people...

So, I nominate Matt (all of them), Dave, Steve, Tom, err... what's another common first name here?

Anyway, I think there are a lot of people who could do a good job, and it would be good to get some new people involved.

41. fobiawrx

fobiawrx Fabiola

i nominate myself for any position i can ban stupid people.

42. TSTRBOY2004

I would be willing to help if I can... just time for me.. I have to many other things that to me are more important than a club or forum... family, work, Youth Commitments..

43. Ryan

Ryan Sled drifting master

readymix for pres.

44. Paul Revere

Paul Revere BANNED

45. prezawagon

So, I am considering running for secretary instead of moderator liason. I kinda want to take a break from moderating for a while, and I couldn't do that if I became mod liason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.