MNSubie Club Officer Nominations Official Thread

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Scuba Steve, May 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

i'll go with this

2. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

Sure, why not? I'll bite.

3. boomer

boomer Well-Known Member

After tonight's meeting I decided to throw my hat into the ring for the vice president position. I've met quite a few of you at recent meetings/events and I would really like to help get the club moving towards more organized events such as track days and possibly more cruises like the LAX cruise. Just like everyone else I have a busy schedule outside the club, but I will do my best to help the club grow and continue to be exciting for everyone.

4. piddster

piddster Lone Wolf

Residing in Mankato for a bulk of my time makes things difficult. That and a work weekend means I'm kinda out. School > all

5. readymix

My official acceptance of nomination.

I've been a member here since 2005. I know almost all of you, and the ones I don't "know" personally, I have done my best to say hello at some point during your time here. I have years of experience, guiding, leading, managing and administrating. I manage my own schedule for work, every minute of the day, I am essentially my own boss except I don't write my own pay checks. I love Subarus. I've loved them since my first test drive. And I love cars in general. I love social events, and I love meeting people to talk about common interests and meeting people with similar interests outside of the topic of cars. I envision a club that holds its enthusiasm for cars dear, and a club that encourages motorsports involvement. I want a club that motivates current members to be involved, socially and competitively and a club that motivates new members to become involved and to feel like they are a part of something great. As President, my goals are to make social and motorsports events top priorty. I want our club to be known around the Minnesota car enthusiast community as a highly active club. When you go to an Auto-X event, or a Rally X event, I want people to recognize, above all other attendees, that you are members of the Minnesota Subaru enthusiast club MNSubieClub. I want to see members enjoying themselves at social events, and I want the Club to make every effort to get people together. A Club is a place where people with similar interests go to be a part of the enthusiasm of that common interest. And when the club assembles for these events, I want the community to see the Club's unity, and recognize that MNSubieClub is what brings these people together.

And above all else, I want to see the club move forward and grow into something people WANT to be a part of. I know at this moment some of you are on the fence about what this is all about and about the reason for doing what we are doing. And my goal is to define that reason to you by showing you what a little organization and dedication can do to make this daily site of discussion into something you can be excited about. I want members to chew their fingernails in anticipation of upcoming trips and social events, and be there to cheer on our own as they compete in local motorsports events. And not just because you feel you have to, but because you are genuinely eager to do so. I want MNSubieClub to define what it means to be an enthusiast. And I want all the members to feel that enthusiasm and display it. We are all ambassadors of MNSubaru and MNSubieClub to the local motorsports and car enthusiast communities. And I want you all to feel proud that you represent an active and legitimate club.

6. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

^Bravo!

7. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Well-Known Member

8. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Well-Known Member

Just a general reminder. All of those that are running for an officer role please make sure you fill out the application like Nate mentioned and also fill out the gerenal membership application and pay the membership fee. Those two steps must be done.

Also, as Joel mentioned in another thread, we're up to 24 members, not bad for a couple weeks into this. If you want to vote for an officer applicant you'll need to be a paid member of MNSOC.

9. tbone

tbone Well-Known Member

My vote goes for da mix.... GL

10. readymix

Don't worry, I submitted the application before I typed that up. And I intend to pay for the card at FS tonight.

11. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

yes, Mixx for prez

12. readymix

Thank you and thank you.

13. 99Lashes RS

99Lashes RS Well-Known Member

I feel as though i keep repeating myself over and over but......

Since I didn't make it to the meeting last night:)(BOO!), when can I pay my $10 and when can I fill out the app for membership?

Would the laxcruise be sufficient? Who would I see?

14. Scuba Steve

the form is electronic so you can do it on your computer and pay via paypal. If you want to vote or run for a position then you need to have it done asap

15. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

it was a motivator :) think it worked though lol

16. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

lol oh jason..you chuckle me

17. readymix

You know you love me

18. prezawagon

prezawagon Well-Known Member

Well, I'm gonna be a hand-raiser on this one. Looking at the next year I just have to put some other priorities first. So, I won't be running.

I think we have some good candidates lined up. Hopefully we can get a few more.

19. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

I guess I find this surprising, you resigned from the task force saying that you didn't have time to do what was needed. Now you want to run for pres. which will take much more time that what you already resigned from. I would like to hear how you can justify this with your lack of time.

20. readymix

Well, the first thing I'd like to do as President is put an end to the Thursday meeting times. The reason I couldn't make any of those meetings on Thursday is because Thursday happens to be one of the busiest days of the week for me. I'd move the meetings to the weekend, which is ALWAYS free for me. I only work one weekend every six months and ususally "work" involves me just leaving my phone on in case someone calls me. And the odds of that on call weekend and a monthly BOD meeting overlapping are slim to none...and if they did, then well, I'd have to take a phone call during the meeting. No big deal.

And I understand, as president, I'd need to be available possibly on weekdays, but I cannot foresee some sort of emergency in a car club that would require me to be somewhere at a moment's notice. I answer my phone everytime it rings, and I can't imagine any emerging problems that can't be handled immediately with a phone call.

The reason I didn't have time for the Task Force is simply because I don't have time on Thursdays at 7pm to be at Identifix. I work the southern half of the state, so I'm never anywhere near Roseville at 7pm on a Thursday. And from what I could tell, all the meetings were going to be scheduled at 7pm on Thursdays because that is when Todd can get Identifix available for it. So I backed out, because, as you've seen so far, there is no way I could make those meetings or commit to them.

21. Scuba Steve

:emo::emo:

as you know, I was really hoping you were going to run for secretary. your organizational skills are top notch.

22. boomer

boomer Well-Known Member

The meeting spot that we are using on the 22nd will only be available weekends 8am to 12pm after this meeting so unless we have more meetings at Identifix it will have to be weekends or a new location.

23. readymix

Sweet, that works out good then. Weekends just work better for everyone.

24. readymix

And from what I'm gathering from the position descriptions, the monthly meetings will be mostly for the Club administration, not a full member event, although having them as full events isn't a bad thing. But eitherway, for just general administrative meetings, having it at a coffee shop or something like that wouldn't be bad either. More for general tasks like discussing administrative things. Probably be good to make the whole club meetings less frequent than monthly. I'm guessing this first group of administrative position holders will probably have alot of decisions to make to get things to work smoothly like determining meeting schedules and things like that. There will be a lot of unforeseen circumstances and situations that require new policy or guidelines that future club leadership can follow.

25. boomer

boomer Well-Known Member

Mornings might be hard for some people but we should be able to get a better turn out Sat. I mean no offense to Todd, he was kind enough supply a great location but it seemed like Thursday was hard for everyone to get together.

26. boomer

boomer Well-Known Member

I agree. Once the leadership is in place they will have to figure out a schedule that works for them.

27. Todd

Todd The Originator Staff Member

None taken.

My week ends are usualy booked (insert family picture here).

28. Scuba Steve

Moderator Liason position

Since Joel (Prezawagon) has decided to pull himself from the process and after careful consideration I have made the decision to run for the Moderator Liaison officer position.

It's with my experience and understanding of MNSubaru that I'm confident I'll be able to effectively handle this role and effectively communicate the current status and future trends of the site to the other MNSubie Club Officers. For those of you that do not know me, I've been apart of the MNSubaru community since 2005 and a member of the moderating team since late 2006. Throughout my time here and even in my career I have demonstrated the ability to persevere and stick with a position long term. I have no doubts that I'll be able to dedicate the necessary time in order to make this position and club successful throughout the first 18 months.

If you have any questions or requests please reply. I'll be glad to answer to the best of my ability.

29. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Well-Known Member

Current ballot info is now up in the MNSOC forum.

30. Jackstand

Jackstand Well-Known Member

w00t! Go Dave!

31. Scuba Steve

bump for more candidates. Any ogranized individuals out there want to apply for the secretary role?

32. pksublime

pksublime Well-Known Member

i've decided to not run this time around, the timing is just not good

33. Mike Wagner

Mike Wagner New Member

Thanks Nate

It is good to see everyone so motivated to take risk and make a commitment in order to move this club forward. I am NOT the right person at this time but feel strongly that we have some great talent in this club that will be able to take it to the next level.

I will say that I will always be a rabid Subaru fan and friend to this club and anyone with honorable intentions associated with it.

Best of luck to all involved.

Mike

34. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

Mike you coming to the meeting tonight???

35. readymix

What meeting? Did I miss something?

36. TSTRBOY2004

**** its next week isnt it... damn it... ha ha ha I am so busy I am getting so screwed up... well the wife would be happy... ha ha

37. Scuba Steve

yeah, it's next week. and please make sure to get your member applications filled out and club fees paid for if you haven't already. this can be done over the interent. see front page

38. TSTRBOY2004

I think I was the 1st or 2nd to do it.. although I never filled out the application.. just paid!!!

39. Scuba Steve

Bump.

Special note-
    For those of you that are running it's strongly advised to get your membership dues in asap. Please undestand, you can't run for a position if the basic club membership isn't taken care of.

Thanks

40. 99Lashes RS

99Lashes RS Well-Known Member

I will be coming to the meeting and will fill out the member application there. I will also pay up at that time. I am still interested in running for an officer position.

41. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

Running for Member at Large position.

I've been an active member of this forum and have attended several events over the past 2.5 years. I've met most of the active members of this community and make an effort to meet and greet new members at Firestone, events, and online. Through these experiences, I have gained a strong idea of who constitutes this club and what their goals, agendas, and interests are.

I am a diplomatic liaison, mindful leader, and respectful co-worker in my professional career. I feel these qualities are essential to this position and my experience will transfer well.

Lastly, I am centrally located and always willing to make time for anything auto sports and Subaru related. :)

-sheen

42. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

i'd say sheen would be a good member for it

43. tbone

tbone Well-Known Member

^^I agree...

44. Scuba Steve

Yes, excellent, great. :biggthumpup:

45. Scuba Steve

WHO is good for this position????? We need people for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.