My 05' WRX

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by redprzdent311, May 2, 2011.

1. redprzdent311

redprzdent311 Well-Known Member

I wanted to create this thread to document my new purchase for present and future photo's. On the 22nd I picked up my new baby, this 05 wrx wagon from IL with 97k on it. The car was originally from AZ and for most of its life where it later made its way up to the midwest. The vehicle is stock for the most part; it has a cobb short ram intake, tokico D-spec struts with Tein springs of some sort, and bonus "mods" include tinted windows, STI front splitters, and I'm not sure on the exhaust it looks like an STI but I dont know..maybe a factory option (as suggested by the two dudes who came to look/buy my old car), and it came with 02-03 wrx alloys with pretty much brand new I-Pikes so I bought some tires off sneefy and threw my 02 OBS wheels on for now, also added Ikea DIY flaps as I can't afford RA. I absolutely love driving it, though its hard to stomach the lower MPG's and only 91 octane. Anywho, on with the pictures!! Shot with my GoPro 960 Hero.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. souy07

souy07 Well-Known Member

Sweetness..and my cousin loves the wagon!

3. redprzdent311

Thanks, it was good to meet you guys. I'm glad your couin is enjoying the wag as much if not more than I did!

4. ofspunk7

ofspunk7 Well-Known Member

Sweet ride, love the wagons. Any plans yet?

5. redprzdent311

Plans are: custom 3" ID catback with flowmaster 40 series, STI pink injectors, a street tune, aand drive the **** out of it. I'm trying to keep it simple/affordable.

6. SurlyOldManMN

SurlyOldManMN Omdat fok jou Staff Member

Does the 05 run out of injector with just a catback? Or are you just going for cheap insurance?

Pretty ride anywho...

7. redprzdent311

I'm sure there will be no issues with running an aftermarket catback with stock injectors. So yes, for cheap insurance/possible light mods (later) that may require larger injectors. Exhaust is first on the list, then tune and injectors depending if i can find a steal whilst trying to get a tune completed.

8. Nitrofish

Nitrofish New Member

Sweet! Maybe I'll see ya up north the next time I'm visiting the in-laws (in Ashland). They live right on Beaser, so next time you're out be on the lookout for a black bugeye wagon with graphite 06-07 wheels.

And also do yourself and your car a favor, don't install a flowmaster muffler on it, they flow worse then the stock muffler. Shoot I'd go with an eBay cat-back before a custom flowmaster. And also don't have a shop up there bend an exhaust as that will not help performance either. Do some research and don't jump the gun for the coolness factor. Peace.

9. redprzdent311

I'll keep an eye out! I am leaving here for good on May 29th though. Ill keep in mind the information you proposed about the flowmaster, ive had good experience and like the deep tone of the 40 series. Ill also keep in mind the lack of flow as I will do research, and the plan is not to have an exhaust bent, I will personally be building the exhaust out of 3" id straights and 3" id 90 degree pieces. I'm also going to look into borla mufflers among other makes.

10. badbennyb

badbennyb Has no title

Nice! I would love to have that same car as a mate to mine. Can't wait to see it .

11. Ntxhuav_Khang

Ntxhuav_Khang Well-Known Member

it was nice meeting you too...loving the pictures. and the wagon...i sure am enjoying it lots! thanks

12. MNSubie22

MNSubie22 New Member

Touchscreen in the dash cleans it up a bunch and would keep the theme of a super clean car you have going on! Just my 2 cents.

13. redprzdent311

Thanks, yea the plan is to keep things simple..I'm in no rush except for exhaust and some load bars. I personally find it much more enjoyable and easier to drive when able to hear the exhaust tone versus the very quiet stock WRX/STI setup. Also, now that I read my initial post i should specify "drive the **** out of it". By that I mean drive it daily and everywhere without worrying about miles as it is my only vehicle and I do a bit of driving....NOT dickin' around beating on it.

Heres a photo i took yesterday :)
    [​IMG]

14. redprzdent311

took some more updated photots. 'recently' new mods-ebay CBE, load bars with my DIY faring, DIY black housing headlights, DIY grill emblem delete/shave, painted wheels.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. redprzdent311

Update from the grave! Since the last photo's posted the car has received combined 98k-105k maint., an invidia 3" catless bellmouth DP, GFB blowoff valve, red samco hoses, RA flaps, ACT street clutch with lightweight flywheel, Thule loadbars, STI v limited replica front lip, tinted clear portion of the tails, Nuke tune, and a few others. I have YET to be even pulled over in this car (knock on wood) which I do take pride in being that I have had it for almost 3 and a half years now.

I have reached 133k now, compression numbers have been very impressive...Still in love with the car and now all I need to do is find a new hub assembly as my right front/passenger side is in the early stages of failure.

Some 'recent' photo's now...Obtained some wheels that I fixed, I really did not like them but they were extremely cheap. 18's have never been much of my style and the color drew way too much attention which I also do NOT like. Even if its friendly compliments, I would rather be left alone (i should have learned after having purple winters...same story...)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These were ran with 20mm hubcentric spacers out back for a slightly more aggressive look. As stated, I got tired of these pretty quick....put them up for sale/trade on NASIOC's NWIC classifieds trying to get some 10-14 wrx stocks or other 17's...had a LOT of bites but nothing serious. Ended up inquiring on some 'no-name' 17x8's that coincidentally the dude lived in the same appartment complex that I live in. Easy convenient sale. They also came with brand new all-season tires which I wanted being that my snow's have some pretty scary dry-rot to them. Anywho here are the pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Near future plans: Coilovers - the D-specs are running fine but they have been on the car for almost 40k that I am aware of and I'm not positive how long before that. Not only this but my reason for stepping down to 17's aside from looking WAY better is to start getting it ready for some autox and track days...theres a great scene out here in WA.
    More suspension bracing- I have yet to add strut tower braces which to me are not necessary for daily driving since I do drive it pretty slow, I'm not 'that' guy in the WRX. With the strut tower braces comes thicker sway bars and beefing up endlinks and bushings. I'll keep this updated more often.

Thanks for looking/checking back in on the car. Best reguards to all the MN folk, I miss 'home' every day

-Coleman

tangledupinblu and EricS like this.
  16. Chris Ruhland

Chris Ruhland Member

Dang, that's a good looking wagon. I kinda liked the blue accents but it looks better without it.

Also did you just spray paint your side mirrors back to black?

Cheers! :thumbup:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  17. redprzdent311

Thanks, the mirror caps were chipped to high hell before all of this..so I decided to remove the blue paint/remove the mirror caps, sand all the chips down to the bare plastic and re-paint them.