With NHRA Nationals at BIR this week and me having nothing to ride since I recently sold my Zuma, I got the itch to throw something together to putt around on up there. I've always wanted to build a "barstool racer" type toy...so I decided to build one last weekend. We leave tomorrow night so the timeline is tight...no time for bells and whistles (okay, maybe some bells) - just wanted something simplistic. It's not quite done yet, but thought it was worth sharing for chits and giggles and thought some of you might get a kick out of it... It's not the best pic, but this is what I started with (ugly green one on the right). Just a bare bones homemade go kart frame with steering column/linkage, 4 wheels and tires, a rear axle that has a sprocket on it, and a ghetto seat. It was cheap and a big head start on the project. First thing I did was pulled the column out and routed it behind the front "subframe" instead of underneath it so that I could get the column essentially vertical. I cut the steering column brace to be modified later... Before I sectioned the frame to shorten it, I needed a stool so I could work out the seating position and where everything would be. Picked this nice Craftsman stool with backrest from Sears on sale. Mocking up the seat. I realized it was a bit too wide and a little too tall for my liking considering I'd like to keep the rubber side down all week up there So I cut the legs off of my brand new fancy chair. It actually fits damn near perfectly to this frame Now that I had seating position figured out, it was time to cut her up. I cut the front end off then cut about 24" out of the middle. I used 3/4" threaded rod as structural reinforcement. Welded her back together. (Subie is not impressed with my welding skills) Fabbed up a new steering column brace. I don't have many pics past that point, but I welded the floor back in and then rattle can painted the frame. I robbed the bars and throttle cable off an old CR80 parts bike. The throttle cable was too short so I merged it with another one that I had laying around. Fun fact: I used the "sleeve" of an aluminum rivet and crimped the piss out of it to join them together...it actually worked nicely! Got a second hand Honda GX120 from a buddy on a trade for some powder coating services. Runs great. Only 4hp though, but that will probably be plenty. I opened the case up and pulled the governor gear out of it and also rigged up the throttle cable to work correctly. And the mostly finished product!