My Blackstone oil sample results

Discussion in 'Modifications And Maintenance' started by Cotts612, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Cotts612

Cotts612 Well-Known Member

Just thought I'd share the results. I've always kind of wondered how well my car was maintained before I purchased it, and now I know! Going to extend the mileage between oil change intervals for sure.
    20150407_082238.jpg

2. Nhibbs

Nhibbs Well-Known Member

I just did one too! Interesting how different some of the numbers are on a different engine.

blackstone.png

Cotts612 likes this.
  3. Cotts612

Nice! Cool to see other engines wear patterns. I was a little worried before I got my results, just not knowing who owned the car before me. Im happy with the results! :thumbup:

4. EricS

EricS Nooberator

It would have been fun to read their comments on an oil sample from your Impreza before you rebuilt it : )

5. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

Yep, those 2.0L turbos were quite the engineering feat by Subaru! Too bad they stopped using them.

It's always nice to have positive feedback on the oil...you should have seen the iron and aluminum content on my engine before it blew.

And I swear they always say you can run the oil longer (I haven't paid for a TBN, but everyone always says that Blackstone recommends running it longer). But they are the experts, so I think there is some truth to that.

Cotts612 likes this.
  6. Cotts612

I can imagine the aluminum levels were crazy high, with other metals up there too! Im glad I did the test so there is no doubt in my mind that things are getting lubricated properly. Lack of antifreeze is always good too:thumbup:

I've been changing my oil at 3-3500 miles since i bought it. Thinking im going to add another 1k to that. Oil was never black, so i knew I could go longer. Now I know for sure!

TMF likes this.