My new addition from Streichers...(Firearm owners, post up your pics inside)

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by ShortytheFirefighter, Sep 9, 2007.

1. badbennyb

badbennyb Has no title

^^^You know I approve. I also bought another Springfield not too long ago(XDs 9mm) unfortunately it's back at Springfield for recall work :(

2. ShortytheFirefighter

ShortytheFirefighter Pokemans. I has none. Staff Member

Happy Birthday indeed! Welcome to the club within the club Russ :)

TSTRBOY2004 likes this.
  3. Josey Wales

Josey Wales Member

Nice to see this thread I have 2 many to take pics of but here are my favorite 3
    Stag arms 2tl burris fullfield TAC 30 and tompson center 12ga rifled slug barrel Burris scope image.jpg Colt trooper MK III .357 mag bedside safe image.jpg
    And I am left eye dominant so the AR is left handed

4. ShortytheFirefighter

Josey, are you left handed as well?

If not, it might be easier to train your right eye. Best way to do it is take some clear safety glasses and put clear tape over the left eye so it forces you to shoot with your right. It'll take a couple weeks of practice, but once you've got it down it'll improve your shooting. It'll also open up your firearm options.

5. Josey Wales

Josey Wales Member

I have been shooting left handed since the 2nd grade so for around 25yrs I can't even shoulder a firearm on the right;)

6. ShortytheFirefighter

Completely understandable.

I've met people who are cross eye dominant and try to shoot right handed and left eyed and it doesn't work very well at all.

7. Subie Lovers

Subie Lovers Well-Known Member

I got to pick something up today :)
    image.jpg

8. Kenny06sti

Kenny06sti Member

IMG_20131013_203057.jpg My new gen4 glock 23 .40cal

tehfuzz and choukhang like this.
  9. dmoo

dmoo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

picked up a used sub compact XD .40. really was in the market for something single stack but this will do for now. needs a light and a holster that fits a tiny gun with a light and I will like it more.

[​IMG]

and modded my cheap shot gun, the recoil reducing stock might be the best thing ever for slugs. This will take care of a grouse, as long as you are close enough to grab it by hand.

10. Kneel Weiß

Kneel Weiß FUMP BDI Staff Member

DSCF0022.JPG DSCF0023.JPG DSCF0024.JPG
    Top is my AR, chambered in 5.56 with a Rock River Arms upper receiver, and an amalgamation of parts in the lower, thats the one I built myself. S&W with Remington trigger and Mag-pul stock.

Middle is my favorite gun, my Steyr Scout, chambered for 7.62 x 51.

Lastly, my Maverick 88 12 Gauge with my Sig Sauer P220R and my Chiappa Rhino.

Thanks guys and gals!

11. Buddy

Buddy Well-Known Member

Well after having my ccp for almost a year (thanks Sheepdog) I finally picked up my first carry gun. I really wanted to go full size but it was just too big to carry iwb. So I picked up its little brother the M&P 9c. I already have a old faithful iwb holster coming for it. 2013-11-24_09-05-14_961.jpg 2013-11-24_09-05-07_234.jpg

Musashi likes this.
  12. Scott

Scott Well-Known Member

I have that same pistol. Very nice shooter. Don't be afraid to carry a full size iwb. I have a kimber 1911 that I carry. But guns are like women's shoes you need many for all occasions.

Slopestyle1 likes this.
  13. Buddy

Buddy Well-Known Member

That's what I was thinking. It won't be long before I have a full size m&P9.

14. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

I'm half your size and mine's bigger then yours lol
    M&P Pro 9mm 8" length ;)

Congrat's Buddy!

15. Buddy

Buddy Well-Known Member

Chong what do you eveyday carry?

16. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

1. M&P Pro 9mm 8" length from end to end w/5" barrel ;) 80%
    2. XDm 40cal Pro Series 5.25" barrel 15%
    3. XDs 45 cal 5% of the time

17. KA-T_240

KA-T_240 Well-Known Member

Anyone have a M&P Shield? Held one at Fleet Farm in Brainerd and really like it. Now I can't find one anywhere!

18. Scott

Scott Well-Known Member

I have two a 9 and 40 very nice ccw. For a small frame pistol stays on target pretty good.

19. KA-T_240

That would be my purpose, plan to take the class over the winter. I have a Ruger SR9C as well at the moment.

20. Scott

Scott Well-Known Member

I have the Ruger sr40c shoots nice but I like the shield better. I know that bills in Hudson wi. Has the 9mm shield to rent. You supply the ammo I will let you shoot mine.to see if you like them.

21. KA-T_240

I have plenty of 9mm but live 250 miles in the wrong direction. I'm down in the cities often, would love to take you up on that if something ever works out. Would love to check out bills at well. Is the one in Hudson the only one with an indoor range?

22. Kneel Weiß

Kneel Weiß FUMP BDI Staff Member

Bills in Robinsdale and Circle Pines have indoor ranges. Well, I guess it'd be easier to say they all do huh? Oh well, I ramble...

23. Scott

Scott Well-Known Member

you could say that Circle Pines And Robbinsdale are set up more for rifles and pistols whereas Hudson is just set up for pistols I believe.Hudson is just a shorter range.

24. Buddy

Buddy Well-Known Member

I liked it but I wanted a double stack. (12+1) the shield is 8+1 i think

25. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

nice.. I carry an M&P 9mm full size IWB.. need a crossbreed holster

26. b_r_m

b_r_m Member

Love this thread.

These were delivered yesterday(not all of them are for me):
    [​IMG]

And my collection:
    [​IMG]
    From the top:
    Colt SP-1
    Primary Weapons Systems lower with a Bravo Co. upper
    Ruger Blackhawk 30 Carbine
    Hi Standard .22
    Glock 17
    Glock 26
    Remington 870 Mag

27. KA-T_240

Found this today...... Needless to say I was happy. Then I see that my permit to purchase expired yesterday. :/ Thankfully I was able to purchase it and have them hold it until I get my new permit to purchase.

[​IMG]

Legsaucy likes this.
  28. Scott

Scott Well-Known Member

You will like that. Its a nice carry pistol. Light and concealable.

29. KA-T_240

First one I have seen on a shelf in Fargo/Moorhead/Grand Forks. A couple of the people at this gun store had my info knowing I wanted this gun. It came in Thursday, permit expired Friday, then saw it there today. Guess I will wait a week and hope I don't have issues picking it up.

30. LagWagon

LagWagon Well-Known Member

Should have just gone to DK mags in Coon Rapids. That's where I bought mine and they had 2 others IIRC.

31. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

get a crossbreed... full size aint a problem and I know about carrying a full size weapon in my pants ;)

Attached Files:

32. derp

derp Well-Known Member

Made the little trek out to Cabelas today to pick up a few 30 round mags for my Remington 597 .22lr.

33. ShortytheFirefighter

Also check out Raven Concealment, they've got some of the best holsters in the business and can do custom ones as well if you're carrying a light, etc.

TSTRBOY2004 likes this.
  34. Scott

Scott Well-Known Member

Looking for opinions on buying a glock. Open to a 9 or 40 thinking mid or full size.leaning to the mid. No ideas on what gen or model.

35. Curry

Curry Well-Known Member

What is the intended use? What size hand do you have? I have a 17 which is a great firearm for shooting but too large to carry for most. As most will suggest, go shoot/feel a few different sizes and see what fits best.

36. b_r_m

b_r_m Member

My opinion? Buy one. I have a Gen 3 17 and 26(both 9mm). They are both great shooters. Originally bought the 17 for home safety/ plinking and bought the 26 for a carry gun. As Curry said what is your use for it? I bought the 26 planning to carry but the double stack is too thick to carry IWB for me. I love my Glocks and a .40 or .45 is next.

37. Scott

Scott Well-Known Member

It will be used for work. I did put a gen 4 17 ? In my hand last night wasn't a bad fit.

38. KA-T_240

Whats everyone's preference on holsters? I am looking for something for my m&p shield. Would eventually be conceal/carry. Also looking for something generic also.

Also what do you use for cases for your handguns? My SR9C does't really fit in the case nicely, and the shield doesn't have one so I am thinking of trying to buy something more secure that can fit both. Might be selling my sr9c depending on how much I like the shield.

39. Slopestyle1

Slopestyle1 Active Member

New to handguns, and i'm Curious if anyone here has had the opportunity to carry/shoot a Beretta Px4 Storm. Been looking around, and so far it is my top choice (before having the opportunity to shoot it) as far as comfort/price goes. Plan is to buy compact, but curious how concealable it is. I haven't decided caliber yet, but been swayed towards 9. I do plan on carrying, but not until i'm confident enough with the firearm i end up choosing and after a few classes to help familiarize myself.

I have fired a buddies Glock 17, which I liked, but I think I want an external safety. I know in a way it's counterproductive to have to deal with the safety, when in a situation where you would need to use your firearm. But with practice i'm sure it would become second nature.

I've held quite a few others at GM/Cabellas/Scheels, maybe you guys have some other ideas?

40. ShortytheFirefighter

Raven Concealment is my go-to for holsters. You can't go wrong with one of theirs. As far as cases, Pelican makes some great ones that are almost literally bombproof and you can configure the interior any way you'd like.

I have not fired the PX4, but I've handled one and when comparing it to the other offerings out there I'd pass. That's just me though. That being said, concealment is a function of your holster and how you dress, not how small the pistol is. If the **** hits the fan and you've got to go for your gun, do you want to be going for a small gun with limited ammo or a full size with 12+ rounds? 9mm is a great caliber, especially if you haven't shot much. It's (relatively) cheap, there are great duty/carry loads that are proven and capacity is excellent. If you want to carry it, I do not (repeat: DO NOT) recommend a gun with an external safety unless you're going to practice day in and day out with it. People under stress forget about little steps like that and when the gun doesn't go bang like they're hoping/expecting things go downhill fast. The Glock 17 or 19 would be an excellent choice for a first pistol. Also check out the M&P as well as the Walther PPQM2 and if you're really feeling baller something like an H&K P30/P30L.

41. Slopestyle1

Awesome, thanks for the reply! I have some more thinking to do. As soon as I get back into the cities (unless someone can point me to a place that lets you rent in the Fargo/Moorehead area) i'll have to get to Bills and rent a couple different guns, and see how I like them. Anyone know if they'll cut a better deal for renting multiple guns?

42. MNGman

MNGman Well-Known Member

I don't think they will cut you a deal, but take a buddy with. You can each rent a gun and swap. I did this when researching my first handgun purchase.

43. Slopestyle1

Awesome, thanks for the info!

44. ShortytheFirefighter

Depending on what you're looking for I might be able to help you out. Let me know when you'll be around.

45. mitchell

mitchell New Member

My AR15 ,Ak47 and TS .308
    [​IMG] [​IMG]