My new addition from Streichers...(Firearm owners, post up your pics inside)

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by ShortytheFirefighter, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Kneel Weiß

Kneel Weiß FUMP BDI Staff Member

IMG_20161203_175736260~2.jpg
    All done. 300BLK with 15" keymod handguard.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  2. Kneel Weiß

3. derp

derp Well-Known Member

See you Space Cowboy

4. Kneel Weiß

I kind of want to get it engraved....with that and see if i can find dates for Spiegels life or a flying Swordfish.

5. derp

derp Well-Known Member

Nah, don't do the gun. Get custom grips with the Swordfish

Kneel Weiß likes this.
  6. Kneel Weiß

It followed me home....I swear... IMG_20170103_171210741.jpg

7. kongzilla

kongzilla Well-Known Member

8. kongzilla

kongzilla Well-Known Member

The his and hers.
    [​IMG]

twiztid_rs likes this.
  9. ShortytheFirefighter

ShortytheFirefighter Pokemans. I has none. Staff Member

Psh, Belgian guns.

No one is going to buy one.

On a serious note, bring it over to my place. I want to see if it'll mate with my 17 and have a baby M240.

10. Kneel Weiß

I would feel bad for the one that has to give birth to that monster.....

ShortytheFirefighter likes this.
  11. Jason C

Jason C Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

KelTec KSG. My new anti-zombie shotgun. Also for messing around at the range and possibly for trap and maybe skeet. Gonna get the choke adapter and probably run a modified choke for general use.

12. Jason C

[​IMG]

Took it for a first shoot this past weekend at Minnetonka Game & Fish Club, of which I am a member. 15 rounds of 2-3/4" 12ga. takes a toll on the shoulder. My buddy gave me a Magpul angled foregrip and that helped give a better purchase on the fore end. I relocated the flashlight to the top rail with an offset quick-release mount so it wouldn't get in the way of the MBUS. Shoots great! Had some feed issues, but I think that was more from short-shucking on my part. Overall, a very neat high-capacity shotgun. It recoils more than my 870, but is also a good bit lighter too. Definitely going to get the choke tube adapter and try it out at the skeet ranges later.

13. Jason C

[​IMG]

Walked in to Arnzen Arms and saw a PMR-30 in the same grey as my KSG. Figured they would make good buddies in my safe. That and I had never seen one on display since they were always sold right away. I added a flashlight to give it a tacticool look. Figured it might not be bad for home defense for my wife since she doesn't like anything larger than a .380 due to recoil. 30+1 rounds of .22wmr should be sufficient firepower to deter any 2-legged predators.

tangledupinblu likes this.
  14. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Tacticool...lol :)

15. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

All of you come into Arnzen when I'm not there...

16. Jason C

Yup. Tacticool. Like a tacticool mall ninja.

I'm at Arnzen and Gunstop every once in a while. The Sig display at Arnzen is pretty nice. Got my eye on the P320. I've always liked Sig and the modularity of the 320 would be pretty neat.

Kneel Weiß and tangledupinblu like this.
  17. Kneel Weiß

I own a 320.

18. Jason C

How do you like it? I'm interested in the subcompact for carry and then swapping the trigger group into the full size for range use.

19. Kneel Weiß

I love it. Even full size it feels good. And I have small hands. My only gripe is that the slide takedown interferes with my usual grip, so I've had to adapt.

20. Jason C

Cool. I've got small hands too. I usually wear small or S/M gloves. Good for my profession, but not so much for shooting. I think Arnzen sells them for about $580. Anyone know of better prices in the metro area? I'm interested in the 9mm version.

21. curly2k3

$580 would have tritium too, just an FYI.

22. Jason C

Good to know. Thanks. Seems like most of the Sig pistols come with tritium sights.

Kneel Weiß likes this.
  23. curly2k3

P320's are available with and without

24. Scott

Scott Well-Known Member

14866931225061992473991.jpg 14866931225061992473991.jpg just got this one a few days ago. CANIK TP9SA

twiztid_rs likes this.
  25. twiztid_rs

twiztid_rs Well-Known Member

Finally got a quality optic on top of my rifle build. Pulled the Vortex red dot and went with a 3-9x40 Leupold Mark AR with a Burris qd mount.

I was able to get to the range yesterday morning. Had 4 different types of ammo to shoot. Remingtons ran the best but the 55grs wouldn't group better than 2" at 100 yards. Was consistent shooting all the way to 300 though. Around 4" at 200 yards and around 6" group at 300. Going to pick up some 62 and 69 gr rounds and try to tighten up the groups to sub 1" at 100.

Set up at 200 yards
    [​IMG]

100 yd group
    [​IMG]

200 yard group, 1 flier off to the right that wasn't in the pic
    [​IMG]

300 yard group are not X'd out. Pulled terrible on the 1 to the left and I knew it right away.

[​IMG]

26. Jason C

Anyone here a member of Minnetonka Game & Fish Club? It's where I usually shoot. Figured I'd see if anyone else here is a member and see if they would like to shoot together. Always fun to check out other guns, meet other gun enthusiasts, and even better if they are Subaru enthusiasts. Cars & Cartridges or something like that. Cars & Carbines? Subies & Shotguns? WRXs & Rifles?? Boxers & Bullets???

Where does everyone here go shoot? I occasionally will visit Bill's in Circle Pines or Robbinsdale if I want to shoot on a cold winter day.

27. tangledupinblu

I like Cars and Cartridges! lol

28. ShortytheFirefighter

What twist is your barrel? That'll have a big impact on the bullet weights you'll want to use for the most accuracy.

29. Jason C

I'll also extend an invitation to those who might be interested in checking out the gun club I am a member of. It is located in St. Francis (www.mgfc.org) so its a bit further out northwest of the metro area. Check out the website and let me know if anyone is interested in going. I haven't gone out lately due to family and work obligations, but I could always use an excuse to fling some lead.

30. curly2k3

I was out there last Friday with a few of my coworkers from Arnzen

31. Jason C

You work at Arnzen? I thought from your earlier comment that forum members stop by when you aren't there shopping or something. Do you drive a STI? I vaguely recall having seen a STI of some model year parked in front a few times when I went. I'm itching for a 9mm Sig P320 subcompact ever since I handled a few at the last MWCA gun show at the state fair grounds last weekend. Figure I'll stop by Arnzen again in the near future when I have some time to pick one up.

32. curly2k3

I do indeed work at Arnzen, however, the STI is someone that works at Menards or one of the dealers. We have a bunch of Subarus at Arnzen however, since Dan sold his 2011 STI I have the lone boosted one (14' FXT).

33. twiztid_rs

1-7 twist rate on my set up. Thinking its over stabalizing the rounds. I wasn't keyholing any shots but just not consistent enough for my taste. Trying out 62gr American eagles, 68 graing black hills, and 77 gr remingtons this weekend to see what they will do.

34. ShortytheFirefighter

77gr is the way to go from what I've seen with 1-7 twist barrels.

twiztid_rs likes this.
  35. Jason C

Great! What days are you there? I'll make it a point to stop by on days you are there. If you guys get commission, I'll make sure you get the sale from me. I've been to Arnzen many times ever since they opened. Probably met you and talked to you before. Found out about Arnzen since it is near by where I used to hang out at Gunstop, tagging along with my dad who is an avid reloader and likes to go shoot the bull with John on the reloading side.

You guys got a 9mm subcompact 320 with tritium sights in stock? Last time I was there when I bought the KelTec PMR30, they didn't have one on the rack.

36. curly2k3

I'm generally there Monday and Wednesday evenings, but we don't work on commission at all. I would just ask that regardless of who you talk to, you make a note to tell them to give me credit on the sale (especially if it's Calvin helping you), as it'll drive them nuts and I love giving them all a hard time.

And yes, we did get some more in finally the other day.

http://arnzenarms.com/product/sig-s...ght-sights-black-nitron-slide-finish-12-round

37. twiztid_rs

I'm hoping one will shoot consistent. I tried the Win 77 match's a few months back and they were horrendous. I figure, worst case scenario, if I can't get anything to group how I know I can shoot, I'll swap out barrels/uppers and roll with a 1-9 twist so Its a bit more forgiving with the light loads

38. curly2k3

What are you trying to do with the rifle even? Find the ammo it likes, stick with it. Twist rates don't ALWAYS equate to liking the same bullet, really.

39. Jason C

Cool. I'll try to stop by those days. Perhaps next week if I can work it out with my wife to pick up the kids. How early are you there?

40. twiztid_rs

I wasn't implying twist rates mean they like the same ammunition. I'm saying that I'm very particular on how I shoot and how well my rifle shoots. Currently I have run 6 different brands and weights of ammo that I have not been able to group to my satisfaction. Remington 55s have been the best but I am not happy with 2"-2.5" groups at 100 yards. Being a 1-7 twist I may be limited to heavier grain rounds to get the accuracy I want. However, if I am unable to find a consistent round that shoots to what I would like I may just change to a 1-9 twist to shoot similar accuracy with cheaper rounds.

Let's just chalk this up to me being picky...

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  41. curly2k3

What type of barrel is it?

I'm normally there right around 5pm to close. I'm not sure what all is included (not my deal to organize), but we have a shooting sports expo thing going on at the shop Saturday and I know all the "competition" guns are marked down, for what it's worth, if you're in the market for anything like that.

42. Squiggly

Squiggly Squiggly

What would you guys recommend for a first timer? Just purchased a house and looking for a little home/family protection. I've shot a few different things all across the board and they all felt good for different reasons. Simple and reliable are my biggest concern but it also needs to put a hole in something.

43. curly2k3

There's a lot of personal preference, honestly.

Some people still think a pump action shotgun is best (I disagree), others like a handgun, and there has been a large shift towards MSRs in the past few years.

It all depends on your budget, and what you're comfortable with, IMO.

Scott and Squiggly like this.
  44. tangledupinblu

You have to admit...the sound of a shotgun getting pumped is a pretty damn good deterrent. If i was burglaring sumpthin and heard that, i'd be gone quick!

Squiggly likes this.
  45. Squiggly

Squiggly Squiggly

$500 is the rough budget, and to clarify we were thinking of a handgun. A guy at work is recommending a Smith and Weston 380