My new addition from Streichers...(Firearm owners, post up your pics inside)

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by ShortytheFirefighter, Sep 9, 2007.

1. 007

007 Active Member

Same with Gopher. 1000 yards though.

2. Fienix

Fienix Well-Known Member

How do you like the P226? I've been wanting to shoot one of those for awhile.

3. ShortytheFirefighter

ShortytheFirefighter Pokemans. I has none. Staff Member

That Marlin is beautiful, an 1895SBL has been on my short list for a while.

4. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

Horse and Hunt will top out at 230 yards from benches to berm, not long enough to justify the cost of membership unless you live near it and go often (IMO), unfortunately, basically every longer distance range in MN is a membership range.

5. 007

007 Active Member

I really like the Sig P226 and this version specifically. It is the P226 TacOps.

It has tritium night sights, the short reset trigger, carries 21 or 22 rounds, is threaded for a suppressor and has a decocker. It is accurate but not a target gun. It’s a fighting pistol. No physical “safety”....... other than the decocker and you.

Your mileage may vary depending on your thoughts or experience with the decocker and double action/ single action setup. Some people just don’t like two different trigger pulls on a weapon. Or a hammer for that matter. The CZ-75 SP-01 is setup the same way. I really like it......and you can always set the trigger for the first shot and go SA after that. The short reset trigger is just that.....short and fast. It is a quality piece from Sig.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    Fienix likes this.
  6. 007

007 Active Member

Q

Thanks Shorty. Whenever I am hiking or fishing with that gun in Alaska, someone will recognize it and want to talk about it or shoot it. Just one of those guns.

Very versatile as well. Short but not necessarily light. Obviously powerful. Accurate for its intended range (maybe 150 yds and in). Easy to reload if you want. Bullets from 325gr to 550 gr. I use mine for defense against large predators...and the occasional pumpkin.

Kneel Weiß and tangledupinblu like this.
  7. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Poor pumpkin.

007 and Kneel Weiß like this.