My New Cat-Back system hand made today

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by TSTRBOY2004, Oct 29, 2005.

1. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

yep... my mandrel bends arrived and so I jumped in and mad ethe new exhaust.. now it sounds like a damn WRX rally car... it is sooooo dang loud...

now it is 3in catless from turbo and a 40series flowmaster 3in muffler....

next week I will be cutting and installing a cherry bomb or something to reduce the volume and resonance in the car... my ears are ringing and it is like an hour since I drove it... too much for everyday unless your name is FUE KHANG....

here are the pics.... I am also waiting for the rear dump pipe... getting a 4in mandrel on monday... should finish it off nicely.. if it doesnt sound better when I am done I may just sell it for $150 to someone who wants it...

is there anyways I can show a sound byte??? or video byte....???

also does anyone who has a 3in TBE get a pinging noise when under throttle???

2. tim12232

tim12232 Well-Known Member

nic3!!!

3. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

The Flowmaster 40 series is the loudest muffler Flowmaster offers. Looks like someone else didn't do their research either... :? :lol:

I wanna listen to it, Nate! You gonna drive over with it soon? :D

4. Squiggly

Squiggly Squiggly

take a sound clip and post it

5. TSTRBOY2004

actually fong.. research their website... exact same one they use in their axle back for the WRX... hmmmm remember I have many exhaust contacts for Flowmaster... Even a Meineke Tech line for them... hmmmm

but theirs is designed to go with the standard exhaust forward... so not such high flow... problem will be solved next week...

Cherry Bomb resonator 3in ID welded in with 4in dump pipe tip....

remember mister research himself who buys different exhaust products and then ghettos them to stop the leak.... ha ha

6. TSTRBOY2004

can we post sound clips in the video section or do they need to be hosted...???

7. FuJi K

FuJi K Well-Known Member

wei....I have a muffler on it.....and when hot, it's so awesome! It's still loud with that muffler? damns!

8. TSTRBOY2004

pics

A NEW PIC

http://media.putfile.com/exhausr

just a short version.. will do a longer one with free revs later today when it isnt 8am and less chance of annoying the neighborhood

9. FuJi K

FuJi K Well-Known Member

it sounds nice!! get on the throttle!!

10. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

its so annoying because its exiting UNDER the car!!!! GET A TIP ON IT@!!@!!11111!!

11. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

agreed, move the exhaust forward more so its in that crease of the bumper, it looks like its wayyy in there....unless the pics arent' doing it any justice...

12. TSTRBOY2004

as usual... MNSUBARU guys cant read... hmm lets see what did I post... still waiting on the 4 in dump pipe arriving Monday.... hmmm that is tomorrow.. hmmm

also yes it is under... I decided I didnt want the rice look so much anymore witht he fart cannon out the back so I installed the exhaust the way it is supposed to sit.. you know in the hollow section under the rear of the car... besides this isnt a shiny round muffler.. it isnt for show, it doesnt need to hang out the rear of the car like a set of big dog balls...

see pics from other post

but too each their own

here is another clip with a bit of throttle

http://media.putfile.com/Exhaust-217

as you can hear there is a pinging type noise I hate it and am fixing it more this week

also here is a clip form the old exhaust.. which at the moment I am liking the sound better but that may change hopefully this week... or the new exhaust will be sold.......

http://media.putfile.com/Old-exhaust

13. TSTRBOY2004

bump::::

well the resonator arrived but I didnt have my camera with me... basically it is 4in round, 3in internal diameter and about 32in long.. yes half the length under the car...

Under throttle the thing is angry sounding.... at 65 it is loud but not unacceptable... but rolling in a high gear you would think the engine shut off which is a good thing for around the neighbourhood...

tomorrow I will post the newest video.. have to take it first.. I will use my digital video camera instead of the digital camera this time.. so the quality will be better... maybe edit some footage with driving too...

for the haters who thought it was tucked under too far well it has been moved further back (about 1.5 in) due to adding the resonater and the DUMP pipe, which is level with the bumper now.. but I am sure some will still hate the NON RICE look... sorry got sick of having the same looking exhaust as every other subaru or honda.... IMO...

its definitely not a pretty looking exhaust like the old one but man it sounds tough and the spool spool on the turbo is amazing and the pull in 5th at 60mph now is totally different....

14. FuJi K

FuJi K Well-Known Member

hahahaha well....there's always the long tips....like what I used to have....ehhehe that was different. awaits new clip!

15. kickin_81

Dang it. Now I gotta get used to the non-JDM look?!?! I won't like it, but I can maybe accept it once I hear of the dang thing. :p

16. TSTRBOY2004

I took some footage this morning... will get better stuff tomorrow.. capture card is playing up ie not capturing... dang it...

sounds much better.... but still loud

\\bump

http://media.putfile.com/WRX-with-resonator

here is the new link.. am going to add another resonator or get a new muffler... experimenting is what its all about right....

and no it isnt loud cause it is under the car... der... its loud cause it is a flowmaster with no baffling... think about it even another 3 in back it would still be UNDER the car... I wish some people would really think about what they type before typing... remember ancient old saying... Opinions are like blah blah blah.... not all of us can go and buy everything we want...

17. TSTRBOY2004

newest link above

18. AWDimprezaL

its called echoing off the bottom of the car when its exiting under the car. and yes it WILL be louder INSIDE the car without somthing to make it exit past the bumper...

19. TSTRBOY2004

hmmm ok... it exits under the rear of the bumper....(SEE PIC) its not meant to be past the bumper...... and how can it bounce of the bottom of the car when the tip points towards the ground... hmm again confuscious says... opinions are like..... blah blah...

I will go back to fongs earlier statement about teh flowmaster... and agree that there is just not enough baffles inside.. so I am updating to a magnaflow muffler....

its pretty funny how the people who dont build there own stuff have all the wisdom in the world but those who do dont say much... better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool then to open it and prove it I guess... whoops should keep mine shut.. ha ha

20. kickin_81

21. AWDimprezaL

sorry EVERY exhaust ive ever had has been hand made by me. i speak from experience. fyi ive done custom exhaust on 7 different cars that ive owned. you are taking what im saying the wrong way, you initially said that it was loud before you had your "dump pipe" as you called it installed, then you were talking about getting rid of it because it was so loud, i dont mean any disrespect, but you should not assume things about people.

22. TSTRBOY2004

I am sorry but I never assumed anything about you personally as I dont knwo you, but more from your comments considering I had written that there was no dumppipe then when there was it was still loud... besides the dumpipe is about an inch longer so it wouldnt have made any difference as far as hitting under the car... the muffler is a 2 chamber with NO baffling... I made a choice based on what they use for their own flowmaster acle back not figuring it would be to bolt onto the standard system (smaller - less flow) so when I opened the whole exhaust up it was a lot louder than expected... thats ok... you are entitled to your opinion... thats fine... cant stop that.. after all... and I agree to a point with what you siad if it was a long ways in under but it wasnt...

anyways... live and learn... new muffler arrives tomorrow, so hopefully the problem will be sorted soon...

end of thread for me...

23. AWDimprezaL

^^^word...no hard feelings, i see where you are coming from