New Axle Back Need help fitting it please. Can comp for your time .

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Aussie, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Aussie

Aussie Member

Hey there guys I just bought a new axle back for my 2017 WRX. Is there anyone out there that would be will to help me fit this? I guess its just a bolt on.

Firstly I wouldn’t feel confident to do it myself.
    Secondly I had back surgery Friday last week , but will help where I can. I’m located in Blaine but if someone offers to help I can go anywhere.

I can also offer something for your time ,perhaps talk about that prior.

Really pumped to get it on asap. Feel free to text or call also .

Thank you Craig . 612-704-5534.

Aegis likes this.
  2. 06LGT

06LGT Member

For the soonest install, I would recommend going to Tim's Custom Exhaust (located in Coon Rapids). Depending on the brand of exhaust, some of the hangers might need to be adjusted in order for it to fit properly.

3. STi_From_DSM

STi_From_DSM Well-Known Member

The exhaust is really easy to install. Especially axel back. I would recommend doing it yourself, but the back surgery throws a wrench in that. (I have done the exhaust myself on all of my Subies and am not very mechanically inclined). BUT, if you don't have any ramps you might as well go somewhere. Tim's is a good choice for that.

4. minnesotanice

minnesotanice Well-Known Member

I should have some time this weekend if you would like some help. A job like this and I would take a nice 6 pack as compensation!

tangledupinblu and Aegis like this.
  5. MNGman

MNGman Well-Known Member

I gotta ask. What was your plan when you purchased the exhaust?
    Is the back surgery making you not confident to do it yourself? That I totally understand!
    If you never had plans for installing it yourself, how were you going to get this installed?
    Lots of people on here that are willing to help, but asking a forum for installation of parts is not a good primary plan.
    I'd recommend for the next upgrades, (it's a Subaru, you're going to add more...) make a plan before buying the parts. find a shop that can do what you want, or get help from the forums. Pre-planning goes a long way in making life easier.

tangledupinblu likes this.