New Member, First Subaru

Discussion in 'The Welcome Mat' started by Traxxion, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Traxxion

Traxxion Member

20180116_121654.jpg New here, bought my first Subaru which is a 2018 Wrx. A friend recommended I check out the site and even see about getting an ambassador coupon from someone here which was very helpful, thanks! Buying a Subaru is a first for me since ive been around Mitsubishi's for a long time. I've owned an Evo 8, 3 first gen dsms and a second gen dsm. I really wasn't a fan of the new evolution and also didn't care for the ridiculous price tag of used ones these days which turned me over to looking at a Subaru. I have owned it for a bit now and have been very happy with the car so far and has lived up to every expectation as a daily driver.

Probably wont be looking to do any mods just yet as my 94 Talon gets most of my attention at this point but it may become a real possibility in the future!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
  2. jubella2

jubella2 GC8 FTW

Welcome to the forum. I'd like to see a pic of the talon. Is it a tsi?

3. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

Welcome and congrats on the purchase!

Def rather see pics of the dsm tbh...

Aegis likes this.
  4. Traxxion

Traxxion Member

Yeah, awd. Here is a couple of the outside. Still have some odds and ends to finish on this before trying to get back on the dyno next year. Set up currently it made 298 awhp on 18psi. I do have a few issues to address before bringing it back to the dyno. When I get some time ill find an engine bay picture.

20171007_132419.jpg 20171007_132433.jpg

Cotts612, tangledupinblu and readymix like this.
  5. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

Wow, that's really clean. And I just had a flashback to my childhood, I think I was 12 years old, and I sat in one of these new on the lot at a Jeep dealer. Same color too. Nice!

Traxxion likes this.
  6. Traxxion

Traxxion Member

Plans for over the winter will be the abs delete, cruise control delete, battery relocate, and finally getting rid the gm maf for speed density. It will be switched over to e85 and more boost for the next tune.

20170530_184145.jpg

Cotts612 and tangledupinblu like this.
  7. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Nice set up on the Talon! I think that i’ve seen you around? Do you get out to any car shows with it?

Also, best color Subaru evar!

Traxxion likes this.
  8. Cotts612

Cotts612 Well-Known Member

Welcome! Love the Talon! I wanted one so bad when I was first driving in early 2000's, but couldn't afford them.

Traxxion likes this.
  9. Traxxion

Traxxion Member

I have not yet to be honest, but next year I will probably start bringing it out more now that it is running well. The color of the Subaru is the biggest reason I went out to look at it. Such an awesome color!!

I think I have a problem personally haha. I went without one for many years but for some reason thought it was a good idea to buy another once I was situated with my house and life in general. This one was clean and on craigslist and well the rest is history.

10. jubella2

jubella2 GC8 FTW

That thing is MINT