New T-Shirts, Need Your Artwork and Color Ideas

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by mlgez, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TchainT

TchainT Well-Known Member

yeah like cursive MNSubaru in dark red or dark blue would look tight.
    or MNSubaru 07 , or something. If Russ has the design for the logos already, would it even be much trouble to be able to put that on the shirt as well?
    i dont know much about this stuff. i can photo shop the idea i suppose.

still think a lacrosse shirt would be awesome.

2. TchainT

here are a couple ideas i made. if anyone wants to go through with any of these ideas, someone with more time or better photoshopping abilities will have to take it over, cuz these are kind of... rough. enjoy.

3. TchainT

ok that last one showed up really fuzzy, but the blue underneath minnesota just says MNSubaru

4. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

I personally have no fault with the sticker logo on the shirt. But i really dont care if we come up with something unique for a new shirt either.

One important thing which was already brought up is that the sticker does not have the site URL on it, so if a bunch of people get caught doing something stupid be it doughnuts, tresspassing, speeding, racing, exhuibition driving, running stop signs, WHATEVER. there is no text linking you to this site. this comes into play on the site when we dont allow the discussio nof skreet racing or other illegal activities, it creates a bad image for the club. so pretty much anyting that says "MNSubaru.com" all over it, isnt going to get my vote. thus why a logo is important.

so if you dont wanna have the current sticker logo on teh shirt, please submit your own ideas/artwork and lets see if we cant decide on a new t-shirt design. complaining and doing nothing = annoying, complaing and doing somethign about it = productive.

i would be down for some of the same shirts as last year in diff colors. perhaps black shirt with Cherry Blossom Red (since this seems so popular and its an awesome color) text/logo.

5. Deride

Deride Well-Known Member

I vote for more of the blue shirts that we had. I ruined mine using them as work shirts.... I guess they will now turn into shop towels and get a proper burial.

6. subaru4

subaru4 New Member

I think that if justin can get the logo then we should go with the La Crosse WI Cruise shirt.

7. mlgez

mlgez Well-Known Member

For the people that do not like the sticker logo on the shirt maybe you could tweek the design so that it looks balanced. I would try but I do not have the right skills to do the graphics.

Thanks Justin and TchainT for the shirts designs so far. There is still talk of doing seperate shirts for the LAX trip. I will try and keep everyone posted on that.

Lets see some more designs from everyone. A while back in a previous thread someone suggested a multi-generation shirt. Something with multiple gen Imprezas on it. Anyone have any ideas along those lines with some skills? I have always liked that idea. Maybe even throw in some Forester, L, and LGT if it does not get too cluttered. I think that would be a sweet shirt if done right.

8. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

you're opening up to many variables with the idea of doing different colors AND different designs. i mean, if you are willing to pay for it then great, but the more variations you have the higher the price is.

9. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

Yup. Most places will take one shirt color/ink color combination and require you to purchase a minimum quantity...typically around 20 or more. So for every color combination, you will need to pre-purchase 20+. This can become very espensive. And if some colors are more popular than other colors, you run into the issue of having a bunch of shirts that don't sell.

10. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

That is all fine and good. We still don't have artwork. That is what this thread is about. I have the place that will make me what I want at a good price, and I definitly will not need to buy a min qty of 20. we just need artwork. Than we can get into colors and such.

Russ

11. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

uhm .. i thought that TchainT's shirts up there were pretty good ideas ... especially that red lettered one.

I think that everyone is making this a lot harder than it should be ;)

12. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

my idea was best, also most random

13. TchainT

which red lettered one are you referring to Aegis? the first or 2nd?
    AWD has me on the creative idea tho

14. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

Both!! :D give some variety.

but if you must know, that scripty first one is the nicest. AND I can make a design for the back. I can. I'll draw it. I have a scanner ...

15. TchainT

thatd be cool... does anyone else here like any of those ideas at all? or are me and aegis alone in this one?

16. deegee

deegee Well-Known Member

Going off of this, less is more? Heres some input:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Critizism invited...

17. AWDimprezaL

we cant have the word subaru in the logo, because somthing about somthing and whining

18. deegee

deegee Well-Known Member

I see, welp, scratch those then :eek:hnoes:

19. ceci96

ceci96 Member

Totally agree with you guys--and deegee had some pretty cool simple ideas too, too bad we can't include the word Subaru :(

20. AWDimprezaL

well its probably okay to have subaru just not a direct link to our site because of some thing...i remember we ran into that problem when we wanted to make a new sticker, but whatever

21. ceci96

ceci96 Member

Yea, I see why.

22. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

I like DeeGees first one. but what if you took off the "MN" so it was just the state sillohette and subaru. leaves a little more to the imagination.

the car sillohette one and put "MN" above it or something.

23. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

i'd say stop being a baby and just use the word subaru in whatever you want. its not like subaru is going to attact a tiny local club for enjoying there automobiles.

24. ceci96

ceci96 Member

I like that idea a lot!

25. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

ps the 2nd and the 4th one of deegees are my fav so far

26. SpoolinWrxGirl

SpoolinWrxGirl Member

I'd do it

27. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

last one is my choice....

28. TchainT

i really dont see the big deal. at all. are name IS mnsubaru. so why is it wrong to have anything with that name on it? yes, i understand you dont want some idiot doing something stupid and having it look bad on the club. so why are we doing the lacrosse cruise then? someone could speed and get pulled over. its the same thing. and if we want our club to grow at all, then how do we do that if we cant let anyone know about it? it seems hypocritical to me.

29. mlgez

mlgez Well-Known Member

I could be wrong but I thought mnsubaru was ok just not making it mnsubaru.com. The old shirts did have mnsubaru.com on them. It is a concern of liability.

30. TchainT

i just cant believe how big of a deal it is..

o well

31. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

you're new bro....some people are here are girls(no offense to our REAL girl members). i agree 100% with your thinking about the club growing because people actually see mnsubaruDOTCOM. it makes a huge difference when you put a dot com on a sticker thats on a car. people know instantly its an online club/site/whatever, however when they see the current logo(dont get your panties in a bunch, i like it) its hard to tell wtf it is for. other people have also said that they dont want the club to get to big so they didnt want the mnsubaru.com on the sticker. there are a whole bunch of peoples opinions about it all that you havent seen since you are so new...but i'm sure youll catch up fast. again i'm not ripping on any certain person, just catching this guy up a bit, so dont get all crabassy on me.

Justin

32. TchainT

ok so then mnsubaru isnt a big deal then as long as theres no dot com. correct?

33. mlgez

mlgez Well-Known Member

More ideas and thoughts. We need to get all the ideas and designs in soon so we can vote and get this done or it will be very late getting them.

34. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

heres mine.....

35. mlgez

mlgez Well-Known Member

OMG, LOL.....:laugh::eek:wned:
    Sorry Ray, you need to get that car going.

So are there any more ideas we can use?

36. ceci96

ceci96 Member

I still think this is a great idea...:)

37. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

so what's the final verdict? is it cool to put the url on the shirt?

I don't think it matters on the shirt. but would love to see the url added to the current sticker design.....but that's a different issue entirely.

also, are we thinking a one-sided shirt design? or 2 sides like the last t-shirt. 1 color?

I've been saving subaru emblems and graphics for weeks waiting on decisions from those who will be making the shirts.

EDIT: the insomnia insists that I make some designs and post them.....so....

inspiration comes from this:
    [​IMG]

I'd really love to see the original emblem being used. a 'respect your roots' sort of thing, and it's actually the constellation that the emblem was designed after. that said:
    [​IMG]

this is probably walking the copyright line a bit too closely:
    [​IMG]

sorry for the crappy SWRT emblem....wasn't patient enough to look for a higher res version (link me if you've got one)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and with the combo emblem we use on Ultimate subaru
    [​IMG]

38. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

So, anything......Anyone....... Just vote on the ones we have...... If we want a t-shirt for this summer, we really need to get on this. Last year we used 1 color and a small logo on the front and the large logo on the back. We could sell them for $15. I would whip up something again, but I was flamed enough for last years design.

Russ

39. mlgez

mlgez Well-Known Member

Chux thanks for the additional designs..... anyone else. We NEED to close this out for voting.

40. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

sure thing. I'd kinda like some feedback on them. anyone? I've still got the photoshop source file saved, so changes would be extremely easy.

I can also do some color combos.

41. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Yellow shirts with blue print!

42. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

Go to the Extreme...Pink shirts with Yellow PRINT! hmmmm...Isn't there a car like that already!?!

43. mlgez

mlgez Well-Known Member

bump......

44. ceci96

ceci96 Member

I like the last one on Chux' post. Bright colors would be cool!

45. sapalas

sapalas Well-Known Member

Here is an idea i had, feel free to change it. This is a rough idea, so anybody with photoshop skills that can get a better graphic of the headlights, Go for it.

I figured make all of the text and headlights one color, then put MNSubaru on the back somehow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.