New To MNSubaru-Having Some Mechanical Problems! Please Help out!

Discussion in 'Modifications And Maintenance' started by Twin_Cities_WRX, Aug 31, 2009.

1. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

To get the car home and park it, yes. To just DD it, no. You car will max out the stock injectors with the stock turbo, now you are adding 150 MORE cfm of airflow. So when the stock injectors are maxed out with the stock turbo around 4k, you can figure that you will run out of gas at 3k.

It is your car, and you can blow it up any way you want too. My .02 is to drive it home and park it until you get injectors.

Russ

2. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

Or you could drive it home and disconnect the wastegate arm from the wastegate actuator so you get ZERO boost. I wouldnt have a problem daily driving it like that for a while. But thats just me.

3. Twin_Cities_WRX

Twin_Cities_WRX New Member

I have my car back. They put a header/up pipe combo on it that was $165 dollars. Its Stainless Steel. Should I get it taken off and do stock exhaust manafold and than do a grimmspeed up pipe? The header/up pipe doesn't have a flexy pipe of it at all. I'm planning on getting injectors and fuel pump asap. Any suggestions on them other than what I've got already?

4. Twin_Cities_WRX

I wouldn't have a problem with keeping it under 3k rpm while driving it home and to a different place for injectors and fuel pump. I'm in cambridge, whats the best place to go near me that I wont get jacked around again? Thanks guys.

5. btleier

btleier Member

they've posted up a bunch of different options of good people to take it to. I would choose one of those.

6. Ylime

Ylime Well-Known Member

I suggest re reading this thread and then if you still dont get it ..

step one: buy injectors from roon

step 2: buy fuel pump from josh at importimage or rs motors might sell you one.

step 3:
    take your 2 parts you bought and drive it to rs motors and have them install them and tune your car and check over the other work that the craptastic shop did.

step 4: enjoy the fruits of your labor and money spent.

7. Twin_Cities_WRX

Its not that I'm not getting what everyone is saying its just that I want as many opinions as possible. Thanks for the suggestions.

8. Ylime

Ylime Well-Known Member

well thats ok but people seem to be saying the same things so its safe to say you good..but welcome!

9. Twin_Cities_WRX

Yeah I will take all of your advice. I called RS Motors and left them a message explaining whats going on and asked them to please call me back so hopefully hear from them tomorrow.

10. Ylime

Ylime Well-Known Member

sweet good luck!! keep us updated!

11. AWDimprezaL

I cant wait to hear about the horse**** job they did on the install.

12. subytek

subytek Well-Known Member

When or if they fix it, please have Ron or bikerboy post up everything that was wrong.

13. Twin_Cities_WRX

Its sounds like the header on it is shaking so bad and chattering that it could fall off any minute. Seems tight and everything. There is also exhaust pops near the header up pipe and turbo area? Racewind seems to think its drone. Its such an annoying chatter if it is drone I will never want to drive it again the way it is.

14. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Well-Known Member

Think of it this way... would you think it is OK if that was happening to any other part of the car, like maybe the wheels?

15. Twin_Cities_WRX

I don't think I should hear pops and rattling anywhere on the car at all. I brought the car there with no problems whatsoever and now the car is near complete worthless junk! Its not drivable, it shakes and rattles, pops and pings, everything is wrong! I think I might need to get a attorney and contact the BBB.

16. Twin_Cities_WRX

I will have to ask my girlfriend if she would allow it first haha! You guys want to know something funny? The owner of Racewind ordered me new headers before asking me a couple weeks now. I thought to myself that's pretty cool. After everything that has happened he said to me the other day when I picked up my car and was about to leave "oh yeah you owe me $40". I asked him for what? He said "The difference for the headers". #1. I didn't asked for new headers he did that himself because the ones he sold me originally were junk. #2. You would think to avoid and other attercations between him, myself, and my father that got involved he would say its on the house due to the extended wait. I didn't have a car for a while because the guys told me the car would be done that day. I sat there for 13 hours in a wheelchair rolling myself around to entertain myself! They gave me a ride home because they said it would be done the next day and I told them I had my dads pickup to drive. The mechanic told me a couple times to come down and that the car would be done when I got there. I had a friend (who I had to pay gas money to) drive me 45-50 miles there to get the car. After we got there we find out the car isn't done! This happened a couple times. I asked the mechanic for a car to drive because I wasn't expecting it to take that long because they told me and charged me for 3 hours. Weird thing is they charged me before the work was done (hmmm wonder why? Maybe so I would have trouble getting a refund?). So I went back with my friend because I was told the car would be deliverd to my work the next day. I got a ride to work, after a tough day at the Home Depot in Elk River I walked outside expecting to see my car. I soon found out there was no car and nobody would answer there phone to tell me where it was. I work 30 miles from work, I couldn't walk home. My parents were working, my phone was almost dead. I got ahold of Andrew at Racewind. I asked him where the car was? He said it wasn't done and that it would be done in a day or two. I said I have nothing to drive and he told me he said if I can get over to the shop I could drive a Honda Accord. Yeah I couldn't even get myself home how was I going to get another 40 miles over there? I was finally able to get over there on a day off to get a loaner car. You would figure I give them a $13,000 car to work on I might be able to drive something decent right? Not with these guys. They give me a $1500 beater Honda with dents all over, rust, and exhaust holes. Got the car with no gas in it at all, check engine lights, and who knows what else going on. Drove that around for a week. Told me he needed it back so I got it back to him in exchange for a Audi S4 (a nice updrage). Again the car was bone dry with 0 miles to go. Filled it up and drove home. Drove that car for around a week not hearing much about my car at all. In total I think those guys had my car for near 4 weeks. How can someone not get the car right in that amount of time? Come to find out they fired the mechanic that was working on my car for theft and being the biggest retard on this planet. These guys will get you with there pretend knowledge and kind words. Honestly the owner seems like the nicest guy in there world but he doesn't seem to know that people need and want there cars back? I don't want to have to pay for gas and oil changes in his cars. I want my car and I wanted it back right! Its worse than ever now! I have to pay well over $1200 just for the car to even come close to the condition it started in. I already know one of the best lawyers in MN and I'm sure he would help me out. Andrew at Racewind was trying to guilt me telling me he had to pay his mechanic out of his own pocket (maybe it shouldn't take a month to do one car than!). I've talked to RS and will be talking to them further Monday morning to get my car right.

17. Twin_Cities_WRX

Yeah it is a horror story. Guy thinks I have time to go with his schedual when I have my own job and 10 different things to take car of at all times.

18. Bullwinkle

Wow, yikes man. Just keep posting up here with updates.

To be honest, it sounds like this thread deserves to be in the "Scammer Central" forum.

19. Twin_Cities_WRX

Subytek I sent you a pm. It logged me out when I sent it so I hope it got threw?

20. Twin_Cities_WRX

Hey Bullwinkle, do you think I should get rid of my header/ up pipe stainless steel setup and go with stock exhaust manifold and a catless invidia up pipe? I have invidia downpipe/catless, skunk2 catback exhaust, k&n typhoon, and the header/up pipe setup right now. I was thinking 1000cc injectors and 255 walbro fuel pump? Grimmspeed electronic boost controller. Anything else I need? Remember I have the VF39 in my '05 WRX. thanks a ton for all the help guys!

21. subytek

I got it, let me get back to you later tonight. We have a 2.0 sitting in pieces in our garage right now.

22. Bullwinkle

Personally, I'd say you should have this place return your car to stock, but at this point, that's probably not a viable option.

First; I'd recommend you have RS or another reputable shop do any further work on your car.

Second; Yes get rid of whateverthef header is on there. For a VF39'd 2.0L, I'd recommend the following (with all other parts stock):

VF39 (Obviously)
    STI/big TMIC (not required but probably a good idea)
    STI/WRX 550cc injectors (650 or 750's are also OK, 1000cc's is way to much)
    Turboback exhaust
    3-port BCS

And that's it. Your hot-air intake should be OK, but they're not great on Subaru's (ie; actually lose power), so I'd recommend putting that back to stock as well.

Hope that helps.

23. Twin_Cities_WRX

Alright hope to here from you later tonight. Thanks

24. Twin_Cities_WRX

Man this is causing so much stress. Andrew also drove my car hard a couple times after he did the work. I was talking to him on the phone once when he was "testing it" and I know he was running all the way up to 7k rpms. One of my main questions for him was it needs a tune right away? and it will need bigger injectors? I asked 50 times and he would tell me no every time on injectors and that I could drive it without a tune for weeks. I knew there was something wrong the day I brought my car to have the parts installed after sitting there 13 hours.

25. Twin_Cities_WRX

Thank you, it does help a lot.

26. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

I talked to Twin_Cities_WRX and told him to avoid this whole mess. Well we see what has happened so far. I hope we get to see the car so I can list out all the issues.

27. Twin_Cities_WRX

Bikerboy are you talking about when we talked on the phone the other day? When would you like to see it? Tomorrow after 2 or wednesday sometime?

28. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

Call me at the shop in the morning and we can set something up.

29. Twin_Cities_WRX

Got injectors, fuel pump, and gm boost controller from my man Matt at RS today. Now looking for a top mount intercooler. Glad I'm not short on money right now haha.

30. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

you sir are in some of the best hands with Bikerboy... do listen to what he says and recommends and you will be squared away and enjoying your ride once again...

31. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Well-Known Member

Thread clean-up

Moderators have discsussed and agreed this thread needed to be cleaned up a bit.

Please keep the feedback/input objective. Although everyone is entitled to their opinion on the matter and the company in question, but we do ask that you keep your posts "above the belt" and in alignment with the general site rules.

TWC- good luck with your car!

thanks!

32. Twin_Cities_WRX

Oh yeah I forgot to tell you Matt, Andrew did let me drive a Audi S4 after I drove a run down $1500 Honda Accord for a week or so from him, and after I asked him and his mechanic if I could get a car after it was taking to long. He told my dad I could come down to get a Accord over a week of having the car. I'm not sure maybe he wanted me to walk there to pick it up? I was told multiple times by his joker mechanic my car would be delivered
    and I ended up driving down there countless times for absolutely nothing because they said the car would be done multiple times.

I also wanted to ask you about a front mount intercooler. Here's one from Josh....

http://www.importimageracing.com/p/113TXSFMIC.html

Would that work and have everything I need to finish up the car?

I also am looking for the Perrin top mount or a Spearco top mount. Someone on here had one for sale so I responded to his thread.

33. Twin_Cities_WRX

Thanks Scuba Steve!

I'm having trouble finding a Perrin TMIC. Anyone know of someone that has one for sale? Perrin stopped making the 02+ and now only make 08+ intercoolers. Who thinks I should go top mount or front mount and what other brands should I look into?

34. AWDimprezaL

Spearco

35. putz

putz Well-Known Member

turbo xs is nice too, I like the looks of the sparco, also see what you cn get used, it seems that buying new parts can be as much of a crapshoot as getting used parts. Except you pay less for the used part, and often times IF you get it LOCALY it is much LESS likley to be damnaged, as new parts often can be in shipping.

36. Twin_Cities_WRX

fmic or tmic? in your opinion?

37. AWDimprezaL

Tmic if this is going to be a DD.

38. Twin_Cities_WRX

Yeah its a daily driver. Fmic don't do well for DD?

39. AWDimprezaL

Its just the possibility of less problems with a TMIC, no blown off hoses (at least not as much)

40. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Well-Known Member

41. Twin_Cities_WRX

42. Twin_Cities_WRX

43. driftin240

driftin240 Well-Known Member

44. subytek

45. Twin_Cities_WRX

Yeah I was thinking that too. Matt at RS recommended the perrin to me and he will be doing the tune and stuff...