New to Subaru Owner

Discussion in 'The Welcome Mat' started by MikeD19, Feb 22, 2021.

1. MikeD19

MikeD19 Member

Hey all, not sure how many people use forums anymore these days, but wanted to make an account anyway. I am new to Subaru ownership and just picked up my 2019 Subaru WRX STI this last weekend in WRB. So far I am extremely happy with the purchase. I've owned DSM's and Mitsubishi's most of my life ranging from a 91 and a 96 Talon TSi AWD to a 99 and 96 NT fwd eclipse/talon that I personally turboed, to even an Evo 8 and SRT4. The STI is a very solid and enjoyable experience, even being completely stock. I hope to have many great years of ownership and hope to one day attend some kind of meet in the future once we get through all this covid crap.

[​IMG]

2. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Last year we had a Covid—19 Car Cruise, we try not to let it take ALL of the fun away!

Welcome to MnSubaru! Your car is exactly what I would get if I was looking for something other than a BRZ.:thumbup:

-Josh

3. MikeD19

MikeD19 Member

I'll have to keep an eye out for the next one!

The BRZ was on my list for the next car, but after my two other vehicles broke down the same weekend, I decided I needed something that can be used year round and I have to commute to work. AWD had to be thrown into the mix and so the WRX was the logical choice and I really enjoyed it on the test drive. Now I'm looking at axle back exhausts for additional sound, it's already begun 3 days in lol.

4. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

I drive the BRZ year round and have for the past 3 years. It’s not too bad(unless you have a lip on it). Lol

social distancing...
    81F3164B-E570-4FF8-9D2A-106E80F28DF5.jpeg

and with the snow shoes on...
    026C7117-E880-4CCF-8D70-13E2C39345B0.jpeg

Ctracey218 and Butthau5 like this.
  5. MidnightImpreza

MidnightImpreza Well-Known Member

Welcome!

6. MN_XV_712

MN_XV_712 Well-Known Member

Welcome!

7. STi_From_DSM

STi_From_DSM Well-Known Member

Can I take my non Subie (Audi) to the cruise? Car cruising would be fun. I never did it when I had the Subies other than to Cars and Coffee.

8. PJ171

PJ171 Well-Known Member

Welcome! WRB like the good Lord intended :)

tangledupinblu likes this.