Newbies Introduce Yourselves Here

Discussion in 'The Welcome Mat' started by dyang, Oct 20, 2005.

1. powerlabs

powerlabs New Member

Hi guys.

Hi everyone!

I'm usually on NASIOC with this same username, but I'm joining this forum so I can get in on some of the great group buys and deals you guys have from time to time. I'm friends with kelly (snbrd4ever) and he introduced me to this great foum :)
    Since we are all subie lovers here let me share my ride with you:
    1999 2.5RS with clear corners/side markets/turn signals, CF hood, V5 spoiler, rear skirts, JDM tail lights:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And a JDM V5 WRX Type RA engine under the hood:
    [​IMG]

Its a work in progress, but I've done a lot to it. Check out my webpage for some pictures of the swap and the other mods I've done: http://www.powerlabs.org/jdmsubaru.htm

2. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

Quite a ride you have there, man! I've never seen it or heard about it before. And welcome to MNSubaru.

3. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

Welcome to the site. You might want to post requesting opinions, but based on the mod list and future mods in your sig, I would HIGHLY recommend getting larger injectors than STI pinks for your setup. With a VF22 and upgraded intercooler you will be able to run plenty of boost and make good power, but you won't reach the full potential of the setup with those injectors, you WILL max them out.

4. jdmspecWRX

jdmspecWRX Well-Known Member

damn....that's a nice ride. I've always like the the old Impreza look. SWEET!

5. 02blubru

02blubru Well-Known Member

Sweet car, welcome to the club

6. 95lwrx

95lwrx Well-Known Member

Hi guys.

looks great, it's nice to see another swapped GC on here, although i'm sure yours is a little faster than mine :lol:

7. fondune

fondune Well-Known Member

Hey I'm new to the board....I am actually looking for my first suby, but should have one soon. I have an s14 and love it, but rwd and lowered with low pros doesnt work too well on snow. at all.

Just saying hi.

8. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

OH NO! *squirts* ahh...damn that's one sexy RS!!!!! welcome to the board powerlabs

welcome to the board also fondune

9. hercules

hercules New Member

Welcome bro nice seeing another GC around are you still in Mi???

10. powerlabs

powerlabs New Member

Yeah, I'm still in the UP...

11. xkontour98

xkontour98 Guest

New from Rochester

Hey all i'm New to the board and new to Rochester, MN. Originally i'm from Stillwater, MN. My current ride is a Contour SVT but I am looking to add a new DD to the garage sometime inthe future. I am looking at a 04/05 STi or possibly holding out for the 2008 STI. I know its not a Subie but ill throw up a pic of my ride.

[​IMG]

12. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

nice ride and weclome to the forums. You dont' really have to have a subaru.As long as you have an interest in them. shouldn't matter.

13. xkontour98

xkontour98 Guest

New from Rochester

Thanks! I have wanted a Subie ever since the 2.5RS came out. I would have a 05' STI if I haddent just graduated college and bought a house. Nothing beats the sound of a blown boxer engine 8)

14. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

welcome. if you cant afford an sti, score a wrx. you wont be dissapointed.

15. 02blubru

second that

16. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, I'm Dave..been floating around for awhile. I'm on Clubwrx with the same name. I tend to spend most of my time in the SW burbs. If ya see me give a honk..or three.

I'll stop by Firestone sometime next spring.

17. subaru4

subaru4 New Member

welcome

18. 92Alcyone

92Alcyone New Member

hey guys, i'm new! my name is drew carlson, and i have a 92 subaru svx... any other svx's on this forum? by the way, i'm in either duluth or elk river...

19. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

Welcome to the board... yes, we do have 2 or 3 SVX in the group if I recall correctly.

20. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

hope to see you around, i live in monticello, and am in elk river often, look for an extremely loud red impreza

21. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

he's refering to me as the extremely loud red impreza....but his is decent loud.

22. AWDimprezaL

the only difference is mine doesnt sound like some sort of lawn mowing device :D

23. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

its called v-tak!

24. Ravyn

Ravyn Well-Known Member

Hey, my name's Jason. I live in Minnetonka at The Cliffs (for now) behind Morrie's Subaru. I drive a silver 2000 2.5RS and am loving it.

25. AWDimprezaL

^^^ word, i spot you nearly daily, welcome!!!!!!!!

26. Beej

Beej New Member

gayer than the rainbow itself is what you are.

27. AWDimprezaL

WTF. why be an A hole in the newbie thread?

28. Ravyn

Ravyn Well-Known Member

Because he knows me. And I know where he lives.

And to think, I call him "Driver" :cry:

29. rplumbo

rplumbo Active Member

Hey everyone,
    My name is Reid, I bought a 97 OBW in March. Am I the only legacy owner on this entire board?? Everyone has WRXs. Maybe Outback is a four letter word here! lol. I love the wagon cargo space for my other hobby, flying RC helicopters. They take up a lot of room.

I'm an engineer by day, but I don't do much with cars. I did have a recent triumph when I replaced my HVAC bulbs behind the dash though. I'll be up for new rear pads in the spring and I'd like to try doing that. Also, if/when the headgasket goes (Phase I 2.5 DOHC), I would like to find someone to replace that with along with timing belt, water pump etc.

I've been at USMB with the same username. Look forward to meeting you guys in person. I'll try to make Firestone sometime after the new year and introduce myself. I'll be the one in a blue OB with the lit HVAC lights. :D

Reid

30. 95lwrx

95lwrx Well-Known Member

welcome

31. AWDimprezaL

welcome, and no you arent the only legacy owner! there are at least 4 i can think of, but yes, mostly wrx's and GCs

32. Dizmal

Dizmal Well-Known Member

Hey, my name is Matt. I just moved to Eagan from St. Cloud. I just picked up a '02 WRX after my '90 Celica GT-S's tranny decided to take a crap on me. Pretty much my first experience with a Subaru. I always had great luck with Toyota's and was looking at another Celica. But a few of my online friends from another forum had talked about how much they love their Suby's. So I decided to give them a look.

Well it just so happens that a guy in the TCMAS reef club I belong to is a salesman at Suburban Chrysler. I mentioned it to him I was looking at them and he just happened to get a WRX in. Pretty high miles, 112k was owned by Subaru and was driven by a rep. A late 30 something family guy who traded it in for a Durango after having his 2nd kid. So it was driven fairly nicely. They were originally asking $11k for it but John brought it down to $9,2 for me. I figured since most rex's with 80-70k mile are going for $15k, thats $6k more than what I paid. So thats alot of mods and repairs I can do with that money if anything were to happen to it and still break even or be able to buy a nice engine.

All in all I'm in love with this little car. Fun to drive, even though I baby it. But I can't wait to throw some parts on this thing. I got my Perrin sway bars, whiteline steering rack bushings ready to go. Just need to get my Kartboy endlinks and heavy duty sway bar mounts then I can have them installed. Then next on the list is the Cobb AP and helix up/down pipe with the Borla Hush dual tip exhaust. Then I will get some new shocks and when spring rolls around some Rota Tarmacs.

Can't wait! I really want to get out and go for a drive with you guys. Hopefully there will be a meet soon.

33. AWDimprezaL

we have meets nearly every friday at firestone :D check the firestone thread in events section

34. Dizmal

Dizmal Well-Known Member

Cool!

I will prolly have to wait till next weekend. I need to finish moving all my stuff this weekend and have a wedding to go to. So I am pretty busy. But sounds like fun.

35. twisted

twisted BANNED

HOWDY!!

on my way to guitar center in roseville...wanted to try out the denn s5000's :arrow:
    Met Justin on 36 E :arrow:
    saw the site URL on the rear of his REX :arrow:
    waved sup :arrow:
    stopped at redlite :arrow:
    asked him to pull over for a chat :arrow:
    stopped by the evil place (mitsu dealership with them evos) :arrow:
    he directed me to the site :arrow:
    here i am teh noob to this board!!!!

Like most of u i'm on Nasioc and legacygt.com (more active there)

Got 2 subies (both with WI plates)

05 Silver LGT LTD 5EAT 8K miles (my kid bro's garage queen)

Plates: TWST3D1
    02 Silver LGT LTD 5MT 45K+ miles...my daily driver
    soon (spring or summer) to be traded for an 06 LGT LTD or a Spec B maybe..undecided yet!

Look forward to local meets and introductions and subie chat

Happy new year to All !!

i'm off to FS threads to find used all seasons for my 02 LGT for a decent price...205/55/16...if u got a set for cheap...PM me. :D

Cheers!
    twisted-oNe-

36. Threshld1

Threshld1 Well-Known Member

Hey guys, just got an invite from mnsportcompacts figured i would check it out.
    Just got my hands on a 93 Legacy SS Turbo AWD with the EJ22T motor. Its in fairly good shape. Planning on fixing it up and once money allows doing some upgrades. Ive got some pictures here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/c389/Threshld1/
    If any of you guys have any experiance with these older Legacys please let me know what kinda of upgrades you have been able to do.
    -Kent

37. LSE Performance

LSE Performance New Member

Name: Josh Swanberg aka swanny
    representing: LSE Performance
    Vehicle: 1993 Dodge stealth rt/tt
    license plate on vehicle (I've seen this posted a few times, kinda weird question but whatever): LSE 1
    mods on vehicle:
    -tons of ****, hope to run 10's on pump.
    Subaru experience: I have worked on a few subaru parts, and raced a few wrx's over the years. I hope to further my knowledge about the Subaru platform.

38. FuglyWRX

FuglyWRX Well-Known Member

Interesting little bugger

Howdy, My Names Stephen, and I'm an alcoholic.... errr... wrong place thats mondays.... let me start over...

So basically I just picked up my WRX FINALLY yesterday from a guy in IOWA, so far anywho I'm incredibly happy with it, but who wouldn't be, it's a WRX.

I live in Red Wing but go to UST in St. Paul.

My car is a little bit too unique, even for me haha, but I'll deal with it. It's an 04, with a what I would call pretty custom paintjob on it done by the previous owner. It's got PPG tri-color paint on it along with a black hood. The Paint is a Key-Lime, see it before you hate haha, or goahead and hate, I don't mind...It has a LOT of gold and blue flake.

Got some basic preformance mods, as well as some cosmetic ones, I'll just post a picture and let you all see for yourself and you can ask me if you have any questions, such as what the hell you were thinking and such, haha, hmm okay not...

39. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

^omg, lol nice.

jason, i dont know if we can beat this even with jdm green wheels.

welcome btw

40. 02blubru

Welcome to the board. That is a clean looking WRX there fuglyWRX

41. rskm1

rskm1 Well-Known Member

:lol: The first thing I thought when I saw that picture was "Dang, that boy seriously needs some green wheels."

I can't find those pictures of the guy who rattle-canned his wheels green... was that on rs25.com?

|EDIT: my green is a little "off", but this is with built-in Windoze tools, no Adobe products available...

42. SubarWRX

SubarWRX New Member

Thats what I was gonna say, with the right rims that would be a hot lookin car. welcome aboard

43. Chukee_R

Chukee_R Well-Known Member

Hi I'm new although I don't have a Scooby, I just recently got an '06 Evo IX. I was refered to the site by Erik and Jason. I go to school in La Crosse, WI, but I live in Woodbury, MN. I originally was going to get an STi, but the Evo just won me over. Hope to see some of you guys around!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

44. subaru4

subaru4 New Member

welcome, nice car

45. 02blubru

welcome