Newbies Introduce Yourselves Here

Discussion in 'The Welcome Mat' started by dyang, Oct 20, 2005.

1. vangthao02

vangthao02 New Member

hi my name is vang thao
    drive WHITE 2.5RS
    im in the mn subaru 3 months ago...

2. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

very nice evo.....my bro wanted a white one as well.....where did you get that one?

3. Chukee_R

Chukee_R Well-Known Member

Dahl in La Crosse, WI. Got it for MSRP.

4. prodriver1

prodriver1 New Member

hola

prodriver AKA George from duluth.Im 23 Ive got a 97' legacy outback 2.5 with 220,000 miles of rally abuse, not to many upgrades yet :cry: but crawford engineering will help that soon with a 2.8. also a member of GTPlanet, an awsome Gran Turismo 4 site( its cheeper than real racing).I love going slydways and talking subaru and Im glad Minesnowta has our own subi site.

5. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

nice site

Hey.
    So me and my girl were drinving around the other night and she spotted a lot full of clean imprezas. After some googling we found this site and the Firestone thread. So are you guys there every week? It was cold as balls last night! Anyway, Im sure there're some pignose haters, but here's my OBP TR:
    [​IMG]

6. 02blubru

02blubru Well-Known Member

The die hards are there every friday for the most part. I would like to make it more often then I do but with the planning of a wedding my time gets taken up real fast.

Welcome to the club.
    FYI: I was unable to view the pic, not sure if it is me or what.

7. subaru4

subaru4 New Member

welcome

8. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

Thanks for the warm welcome and congrats blubru. I guess Im a noob at posting pics... hopefully the avatar worked

9. bananas

bananas Active Member

Well Hi ya'll!

While I don't have a Subaru, I have the utmost respect for them. I almost bought a WRX a couple years ago but ended up getting a 2003 A4 1.8TQM instead. My buddy is parrot and he just bought a brand spankin new Impreza 2.5.

I like tromping around in the snow (AWD rocks) so maybe I'll run into one or two of you guys when the white stuff falls :D. Or I'll figure out what this Firestone thing is all about or maybe go up to the ice races. Anyway I'll see ya around!

I recently put together a bunch of pictures for my 1000th post on MNAudi so I'll just repost that here. Each link goes to a photo album and I've posted one selected shot from each album.

Little photo shoot: http://sandgnat.com/photos/misc_auto/my_a4/

[​IMG]

Installing a 60GB DIN size MP3 player in the glovebox (50 pics or so): http://sandgnat.com/photos/empeg_a4/

[​IMG]

Kerber 3" turboback exhaust: http://sandgnat.com/photos/kerber_exhaust/

[​IMG]

GTRS turbo arrives: http://sandgnat.com/photos/gtrs/

[​IMG]

GTRS turbo install (also neuspeed TIP and ATP Manifold): http://sandgnat.com/photos/gtrs_install/

[​IMG]

H-Sport S4 Sway Bar Kit and VDO boost guage + "MC Hammered" steering column pod: http://sandgnat.com/photos/misc_auto/my_a4/swaybar_boostguage

[​IMG]

10. dezavu

dezavu New Member

very nice 9, i'm running a black 8 myself. lookin forward...

11. banders91

banders91 Guest

Hey, i'm from Fergus Falls and I drive an 02 WRX-white. Got it back in May just stumbled across this site. Stock for now but I have some plans.

12. Who dat ninja

Who dat ninja Well-Known Member

What's up, I'm from St. Paul & drive a '03 wrx sedan

13. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

welcome noobs

14. Raaz

Raaz New Member

y hallo thar....Names Tim, don't have a running car of my own at the moment, but i did manage to meet a few of you last friday and ended up chasing the pack over to justins for a lil pizza n gt... twas fun :p and me being lucky as i am, only live bout a mile n change from firestone =o

15. IamUnInc

IamUnInc Well-Known Member

Hello

Hey, names Nick. I have a 05 silver wrx with standard factory upgrades but im goin Cobb stage 2 asap. I live in Hastings but i go to school in Salt Lake. I dont know anyone in my town that drives a subaru, (except for one kid i went to high school with but Ive got issues with his punk a**). I just randomly found this sight and figured i check it out. Im usually on clubwrx.net. Just figured id say whats up.

Oh, where does everyone buy their parts from. I was going to buy mine from Rally Sport Direct (because its 20 min from where i live). But I would rather not have to drive back to MN with them.

16. Billy Bones

Billy Bones Guest

hello-

My name is BIlly and I'm the proud new owner of a '05 silver sti. Only
    had 4-5 months now, but am racking up the miles and smiling constantly!
    I work in Minnetonka and commute back and forth from St. Cloud.
    So having a sweet ride really helps after those long crappy days.

I haven't modified anything yet- but can't wait to start. I hope to go on
    some upcoming subie trips this spring summer.

Any advice on cat back exhaust systems ? up and down tubes etc.
    I don't want to radically mod till warranty is up- which shouldn't take
    long with my current mileage. later- subies rule the road...........

Billy Bones

17. John16V

John16V Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard Billy :D

How is that driving working out for you?? If I were you I would get a beater, the mileage will kill your car (not to mention your wallet $$$)

I use to work with a guy who also live in St Cloud...after a year and putting about 50,000 mile on his car, he finally call it quit.

Good luck

18. COBBsoobyStage1

COBBsoobyStage1 New Member

New to MnSubaru

Hello all, I'm new to the site, and as of last week, new to owning a Subaru. I picked up an 04'wrx-wagon w/ Cobbstage1 ecu package already installed and am considering a new exhaust. I was looking on the Cobb site and it looks like I have a few options Cat-back or turbo-back.

I was wondering if anyone has any opinions/preferences in this area. Certainly I don't want to do anything that will *hurt* my Scooby so exhaust is about all the farther I'm willing to go. that and maybe suspension/rims.

19. scoobydreamin

scoobydreamin Well-Known Member

New from Rochester

Injection is nice, but I'd rahter be blown, boxter engine.

20. scoobydreamin

Well it just so happens that a guy in the TCMAS reef club I belong to.[/quote]

So we will exspect to see a 90 gallon reef set up in the hatch then?

Welocme.

21. M155L3R

M155L3R Well-Known Member

Just wanted to say whats up, new to the site, work for Morries Subaru Mtka. Just returned from Knoxville TN from picking up my 04 STi that had 9000 miles on it. Had a little help from a few members of this board getting up here to MN, looking forward to some trouble with the new car and doing a few mods.

Later

22. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

welcome

Any bell mouth exhaust of quality will do. (helix,invidia as ex.) Expect to find out what boost creep is. The uppipe is not needed on the sti till you put some power to it.

Matt

23. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

New to MnSubaru

welcome

Just a bell mouth TBE will be good on your car no pain done to the car.

Matt

24. slowrex

slowrex Active Member

Hey everyone

My name is Matt and I have been reading around on these forums for a while but have never got around to posting anything. I recently got a silver 05 wrx and I just bought an Invidia N1 exhaust. Hopefully more to come in the future. I went down to firestone tonight and got to see some of you all. I live over in woodbury and hope to get out to Firestone more often.

-Matt

25. subaru4

subaru4 New Member

welcome matt

26. Squiggly

Squiggly Squiggly

welcome

27. SLoBaru

SLoBaru Well-Known Member

hello!

Hi everybody. I'm Larry from the Oakdale/Maplewood/Woodbury area. So I finally joined the forums, but I picked up an 06 Impreza 2.5i in regal blue pearl about a month ago. I love it. And I took it out for her first snow last sunday and did donuts in some parking lots.

28. scoobydreamin

Welcome.

29. homang88

homang88 New Member

hello, my name is Felix and i have been drivin my red '04 rs for alittle more than a year now and i just love it. i will be graduating from high school in a couple months now but i am debated wheither to do some modding to my rs or just save up after college and get an sti.

30. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

welcome! make yourself at home.

31. staples

staples New Member

Hey all! I'm J, the proud owner of my '06 2.5I, but I will from this point on call it my '06 2.5rs. I'm a bouncer at biker bar and I work for a cleaning co. I'm super stoked to get a fri. off so I can meet up with all you guys and learn more about these cars. :bowdown: I'm also stoked to get my all motor build started. :naughty:

32. wrxsti_02

wrxsti_02 Well-Known Member

Hi (Nyob zoo),

My name is John and I drive a black 02 REX used to live in Milwaukee and move up here in 2002 now living in St.Paul. I been in love with subaru since 1994 when i used to live in Australia for 2 years. Had my wrx since 03 and love the AWD and TURBO! It's nice to find a subaru group in MN. Hope to meet all you guys soon.

33. slavboy1

slavboy1 New Member

Welcome and you deffinitly need to come hang out at firestone meet the guys it's always a good time

34. badbennyb

badbennyb Has no title

Hey man met you at bp subaru I think it was last week, I had my sti in for a little cleaning. Glad to see you joined. WELCOME!

35. 941LE

941LE Active Member

Why hello everyone, My name is Richard and I recently (last month) purchased a new '05 LGT 5MT to which I have been nothing but pleased with. Looking forward to meeting up with you all sometime to BS about our rides.

36. 2fast4u

2fast4u New Member

Hi I just moved to MN a couple of months ago. I drive a 2006 STi and i was wondering if there are any hangout spots in the cities where you guys get together so i can come down and meet u guys in person. PEACE

37. 02blubru

Firestone on university ave in st. paul is where we all meet up on friday nights, and some saturdays I belive. Welcome to the club and look forward to meeting you.

38. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Now that it is warmer out, alot of people meet at Firestone Fri and Sat nights, but it seems like Friday night is the bigger of the 2. Glad to see all the n00bs.

Russ

39. piddster

piddster Lone Wolf

Just joined the board. I've been on bbs.legacycentral.org for a while. I'm up in D town (Duluth) where the roads swallow whole cars :eek4:

I've got quite the project going. I've got a '93 Legacy L AWD 5MT. Last spring I picked up a motor out of '91 SS (turbo Legacy). She's getting the complete makeover with Wiseco pistons (.020 over), Eagle rods, redone heads with cams reground by Delta, decked, all seals with new water and oil pump. I got the bottom end balanced with the pressure plate and flywheel. 650cc JECS injectors, Walbro pump with an intercooler from Spearco measuring 26x6.5x3.5 will handle the boost from a Garrett GT2871R w/ .86 A/R turbine. It will be a rotated mount setup to straighten out my plumbing. For EM, I'm looking at the Link Plus G2 to go with the Zeitronix wideband w/ EGT & boost sensor I already have. STi Group N engine & tranny mounts button her down. Its all being fed through a '05 STi transmission, clutch and flywheel, with 8k miles.

For suspension, I'm running H&R street coilovers, STi Group N strut tops, Whiteline anti-lift kit, energy suspension kit, SuperPro steering rack, rear lateral link, differential support and tranmssion support bushings. I picked up a lower H brace as well. My brakes are the Racing Brake 4pot setup w/ Hawk pads and Goodridge lines. I'll upgrade the rears to the vented Turbo Legacy setup, with decent pads and rotors.

I'm gonna shift the radiator back using some SPAL fans, so I can put the IC behind the headlights. My AC has been toast since I hit a deer a year and a half ago, so no worries about that. The lower radiator support is pretty mangled, so that needs to be replaced. The center support is getting tossed and I'll just run two locking hood pins.

I just need to get the EM, and a few odds and ends like a matching rear diff, WRX/STi clutch and brake pedals with clutch master and slave cylinders(since mine is a cable), IC plumbing, new hood, front fenders, BOV and what not.

Its a lot of work, but should be worth it for one hell of a sleeper.

PICS: http://www.d.umn.edu/~pidd0002/Car Stuff/

40. snbrd4evr

snbrd4evr Well-Known Member

That's awesome. I'm up in your area (ashland to be exact). We meet everyonce and a while at the firestone near the mall. But it really is everyonce and a while. My car is currently taken apart awaiting a stroked 2.2t so we're probably going to have some fun when you get it all done :)

41. 02blubru

sounds like you know what you are doing, welcome to the boards

42. piddster

piddster Lone Wolf

Nice. You gotta love the interchangability of Subaru's. Whether it be suspension, driveline, or engine parts, there is alot that carries over from year to year. Wiring is a different story, unfortunately. But seriously, its amazing how little these cars have changed since Subaru introduced the Legacy. :cool:

43. snbrd4evr

snbrd4evr Well-Known Member

I totally know what you mean, my friends always laugh at me when I tell them I'm using a block out of a 91 legacy, 01RS heads, and a STi Crank. Gotta love it :)

44. hofit

hofit Well-Known Member

I just joined. I don't have my Subie yet as it was picked up by the DAS auto shippers yesterday. It's a Silver '04 STI that used to be Mitchell's from Nasioc. I'll stop by for one of the events soon. Glad to meet ya all.

45. tmarc12366009

tmarc12366009 Well-Known Member

<----- Also a Subie Newbie!
    Owned a 2004 Silver WRX for about a month now and am lovin it! I bought it from another member and he recommended the site for any questions, comments, and insight. Only mods to my new Subie are STI catback exhaust and STI short throw shifter. I plan on a few more mods, but really am new at this... :-(

Any suggestions on next steps i should take are always welcome! :)

Been dreamin about these since the old Gran Tourismo years!!! Now it's MINE!