Newbies Introduce Yourselves Here

Discussion in 'The Welcome Mat' started by dyang, Oct 20, 2005.

1. thunderdan1313

thunderdan1313 New Member

i will be in forest lake on sunday but there are members that live in FL

2. IzzySTi

IzzySTi Well-Known Member

Itd be great if somebody could swing in there, if I gotta drive down, the contact truck and trailer are going! But we need to get the baja up here and fixed so we can mod it!

3. wrexinator03

wrexinator03 Banana Cream

i live in blaine, 10 min from flake, i can go check it out...pm me your number i'll check it out tomorrow

4. mrbaja

mrbaja Member

Thunderdan, if you know someone or if you're able, I would be much abliged. Address is 15131 Feller Street. Baja is Maroon. Thanks! I gots that feelin' Izzy. We be makin' a road trip!

5. mrbaja

mrbaja Member

Thanks Wrex. On the way!

6. wrexinator03

wrexinator03 Banana Cream

like i said i can do it mrbaja just pm me

7. thunderdan1313

hes a good guy he can take care of you mrbaja.

8. mrbaja

mrbaja Member

I caught that. Appreciate the input thunderdan. And thanks for running out there wrexinator!!!

9. RexNEffect

RexNEffect Well-Known Member

OMG, a baja owner! Welcome to the site. Sorry to hear about the accident.

10. NoobSubby

NoobSubby Active Member

Sup guys, im a new member here hoping to get some professional help on my subby. I just recently bought an 06 sti from a dealership down in CA but the previous owner swapped out most of the stock parts to cheap parts...As this is my first subaru I am lost at finding the right parts and getting this beast rolling. Thanks guys

11. thunderdan1313

what parts are u lokking for?
    what did the previous owner put on for parts?

also welcome to the site.

12. NoobSubby

NoobSubby Active Member

Thanks, well the turbo is a cheap ebay turbo TD06-20G, the intercooler is a wrx with an hks bov kind of glued on it, the inlet hose to the turbo is leaking and when I make a turn on the snow the steering wheel shakes. These are also the parts I need: throttle body to the intercooler coupler, bov return hose, passenger and driver side external oil line, turbo charger oil feed line and passenger side intercooler bracket. Otherwise, I believe the good parts on the car is just the injen cai and hks exhaust.

13. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker

Most of the time any CAI is pretty much junk unless the car is tuned specifically for it.

14. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Well-Known Member

The injen CAI is particularly bad, as it's quite a bit different then stock MAF sizing.

15. NoobSubby

NoobSubby Active Member

ok...what would you prefer in this case? Is that why I keep getting check engine light with error code 2096 or is that due to something else?

16. NoobSubby

NoobSubby Active Member

ok...well then what would you prefer in this case? Is that why I get a check engine light with the error code 2096 or is that due to something else?

17. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Well-Known Member

Probably, although it could be something else (your leak, possibly).

Put the stock airbox on.

In all honesty based on what you've said about the parts and installation, I would return EVERYTHING to stock, or at minimum, check the installs and replace with quality aftermarket parts (depends on your Subaru and mechanical knowledge here). The combination of those parts and a poor tune could very well ruin an engine very quickly (like, only a few WOT pulls).

18. NoobSubby

NoobSubby Active Member

What would cause the steering wheel to shake when turning only on snow?

19. pattertj

pattertj Member

If it only on snow, it is most likely there is snow in your tires... no joke.

If it was all of the time it could be your center diff...

20. dekhan1

dekhan1 New Member

Hi I just joined the club.
    I drive 2008 Impreza.
    Anybody have been to Milan's Auto in MPLS?
    Any feedback??

21. NoobSubby

NoobSubby Active Member

VF22 or VF39?? which is better compared with spooling time, daily driving, and hp..

22. Lowrider

Lowrider Well-Known Member

^^ Asking qns in the wrong thread is dangerous.

23. SubeyDeux

SubeyDeux New Member

Hi Guys..just joined a few days ago. I recently got an 08 Impreza 2.5i. Wish it was a WRX or STI, but for now I'm subing on a budget. I drove a 96 Leggy wagon through high school and college and 250k miles later it was time for a new Sube! I'm hoping to get tint pretty soon and am open to any suggestions on any affordable mods to make Part 2 of my Sube life more enjoyable! I'm thinking wheels/tires, front rear underspoilers sometime in the future, maybe suspension but haven't done much research..but am a complete nube to upgrades so your suggestions again would be welcome!

24. ofspunk7

ofspunk7 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the site. I really like your car and always happy to see another hatchback. Well if you don't know a ton about cars there are a lot of people on this site that are happy to help you. Hope you can make it out to some events.

Derek

25. pattertj

pattertj Member

Welcome indeed! Events are a bunch of fun, you should definitely stop out if you get a chance.

Suspension mods will definitely help... The rear sway on that is pretty small, (13mm?) you can look into struts as well...

26. burtonboy00

burtonboy00 Well-Known Member

Welcome! We have the same base 2.5i wagon, some simple inexpensive mods that I found success with are a tuned exhaust from Magnaflow and a rear sway bar from Rallitek. Both were very easy installs and they've made me very happy! Good luck with the new Subie!

27. MMC_555

MMC_555 Well-Known Member

Hi, I just made the move from N/A Imprezas (for 13 years) a week ago. I'm now driving an '04 WRB WRX that's bone stock for now. Look forward to making it to some of the events and for advice on local parts and tuning!
    Cheers,
    Max

28. DougAnd

DougAnd Well-Known Member

Welcome MMC. You didn't have to wait for a turbo to come aboard! Hope you'll consider MNSOC and meet us at the spring meet.

29. MMC_555

Thanks, how does MNSOC work/how do we sign up? I would like to attend the spring meet!

30. RexNEffect

RexNEffect Well-Known Member

31. MMC_555

Thanks, just paid!

32. dhansen911

dhansen911 Member

Hi,
    I am new to the site. I just traded in my 2000 outback sedan for a 2005 legacy GT. Wow the power diffrence is amazing!!! My Outback had 210,000 miles on it and was going strong but the dealership made a great offer for the trade in. Looking forward to the new car and learning more about it from the forum.

33. thunderdan1313

:needpics:
    wagon or sedan.
    auto or 5sp

34. silver03

silver03 Well-Known Member

^^^Can't go wrong with an 05 LGT :)

35. dhansen911

dhansen911 Member

36. ofspunk7

ofspunk7 Well-Known Member

I like the car. It is funny that THUNDERDAN the resident ginger wagacy owner, is giving you a hard time about pics :)

But the pics look nice!

Welcome to the site

37. ScottyK

ScottyK Active Member

I am new to the site...I am from Duluth. I just bought my first Subaru. It is a 2002 Outback Limited. So far it has been awesome. We've only had it two weeks!! We are also looking for a Subaru Baja. View attachment 21936

38. MMC_555

39. Kayaro

Kayaro New Member

I'm not new, but haven't posted anything since I was new back in '07. Since then I moved to Phoenix for three years, and now I'm back for another few weeks before moving overseas. I wish I could bring my subi with me, but unfortunately I can't:( I didn't have much luck selling my black '07 impreza wagon in Phoenix so I'm hoping I can gain access to the selling forum asap so I can post my car where people will appreciate my car.

40. 02subbieRS

02subbieRS Well-Known Member

Hey, GLWS. I'm sure it will be appreciated by whoever buys it :)

41. WRXCarl

WRXCarl Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone My Names Carl Ive Been Interested In Subarus For Sometime ( I Should Mention I'm 15) I Only Got A Permit Now But Plan To Get My License The Day I Turn 16 And Ive Been Telling My Parents For Years U Don't Even Have To Get Me Any Christmas Presents Or Birthday Presents For The Next Few Years All I Want Is A Subaru When I'm 16 (I've Gotten Crappy Presents I'm Not Sure If They Will Actually Or If They Hate Me...) I Wish I Had Money For One But I Cant Get A Good Job. And One Big Thing I'd Like To Mention Is I Read A Post About Subaru Love And Someone Said Its Going Away Cause Teenagers Are Buying Them And Being Snotty Please Don't Take Me That Way. Thats Not Who I Am.

42. Kayaro

Kayaro New Member

I thinks so too. I have two people checking it out today, and it's a great price, so I think it might be gone soon. Hopefully they won't need a car and will consider letting me keep it till the end of the month, or a few days after:)

43. Kayaro

Kayaro New Member

Carl, do you really go through the trouble to cap. the first letter of every word you type, or do you have some kind of setting for that? Tell your parents about my '07 wagon for sale. It'd be a great first car considering it's a manual transmission, and it's reasonable priced even considering it needs new tires and brakes soon, and has some minor dents and scratches. Check it out here: http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/1853458694.html

44. Kayaro

Kayaro New Member

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/1853458694.html

45. SpeedySubie

SpeedySubie New Member