Newbies Introduce Yourselves Here

Discussion in 'The Welcome Mat' started by dyang, Oct 20, 2005.

1. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

^^^^ omfg tim1223278932sixfiveninefourteen11114's replacement has arrived!

2. Speedemon

Speedemon Well-Known Member

You should look into Cobb AP... Its a great next mod

3. tmarc12366009

tmarc12366009 Well-Known Member

You should look into Cobb AP... Its a great next mod

Are you suggesting the upgraded turbo package or just the cold air intake?

4. AWDimprezaL

he means the COBB accesport, its a reflash for your computer, and its worth big HP

5. tmarc12366009

Right on! Makes sense... Thanks fellas!

6. tmarc12366009

By the way... Thanks for the props on the name, sucka! You're saying it's a good length...

7. Parrot

Parrot Well-Known Member

yeah i am definitely still a n00b...hello all. live in maple grove. I have lived around here for 1 1/2 years. Woodbury to eden prairie to st louis park to maple grove. anything else i need to say?

8. Vila

Vila New Member

Hey all

I'm Vila, my ride is a Blue '02 WRX. I live in SW Minnesota, so it is rare when I see a fellow WRX.

I just joined this site. Good to see others in the same state with a forum. I usually joined in on vividracing.com forum, but their site has changed much over the years. Used to be just WRX & EVO's. Now it is everything under the sun.

My ride is modified to about a stage 3 level. I'm an engineer, so tuning & tweaking is up my alley. My oddest mod. would have to be the trailer hitch. Some may think it looks odd, but my WRX towing my snowmobile looks sweet to me.

Anywho, I look forward to seeing you all at a meet some time.

9. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

Nice meeting u Vila, is that trailer Hitch a stage 3 also? JK...It is always nice to see Subys being used to there full potential. Welcome aboard...

10. G35XRally

G35XRally New Member

Hello!

My name is Janik.
    Im 15 y/o. I live in Eden Prairie.

RALLYSTI is my sisters BF.

I dont own a Subie. My dads been throwing around the idea of giving me his Infiniti, which would be cool, but if that doesent work out, off to Morries!!

Anyways, i love to go down to Firestone and hang out. Its my new favorite Friday night thing to do, instead of Chinese food and a movie lol.

Anyways, cool to meet ya'll!

11. Ripcurl007

Ripcurl007 New Member

Newbie here
    Dan from Rosemount
    04 OBP Sti
    Mods
    Full Perrin Turbo Back
    Tein Suspension and Controller
    Montegi Wheels
    Turbo Timer

12. speedyham

speedyham Well-Known Member

Hello.

My name is Sean and I'm an alcoholic... wait, wrong place. J/K

I have a Tealish '96L with a mod or two. DD and autocross car, SM class. I'll be living in Hastings or somewhere around there starting the 14th of May. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone at the meets and autocrosses.

Now I just have to find house to live in. :hsugh:

13. John16V

John16V Well-Known Member

Hi, Dan you in Rosemount too huh?! I know I see your car before....welcome

14. Palmer

Palmer New Member

Hi!

I don't have a Subaru. I almost had one, but due to some "unforseen military action" a few years ago, I do not. My first car was a subaru and it gave me the love for all things boxer. It was an 86 GL wagon. I wish I still had it.

Kinda.

I do have a saab with some mods though..

But, I have been checking out some other TC boards, and I like this one best!

I also checked out the members cars section, You guys have some nice rides.

Anyway, just though I would say "hi"

15. 02blubru

02blubru Well-Known Member

no this is the right place..

16. KickAssFlash

KickAssFlash New Member

I know Numchux very well, and I went to the Firestone lot with him a couple weekends ago and met some guys.

I have a 95 Mustang with the modzorz for the cone track (autocross), and some other goodies under the hood.

Also have a Baby Blue Jeep Wrangler that is married to the chuxwagon. Plenty of ownage has been had between the two.

So yeah, I'll probably end up at the Firestone lot a couple times this year with him, so I'll probably see some of you around.

Love the Subbies!

Nate

17. SenorSubie

SenorSubie Well-Known Member

Hi everyone..

Senor here, new member on the mnsubaru forums

Usually I'm around on www.subaruforester.org

you people are alot closer than most of the people on that forum

18. Fasteddy

Fasteddy New Member

Hey,
    I'm kind of new here. Was here and was a little involved in the local scene about 3 years ago. Started my own business so focused on that for a while but now I have some time and money again so I'm back. I've met some of you but don't remember names very well. I had a 2000 2.5RS and now have an 2003 WRX Wagon that has a few mods and is getting more.

19. KickAssFlash

KickAssFlash New Member

I just bought a 1986 GL wagon that I'm in the process of lifting and converting to EFI. Man, didnt take long to get into a subaru after joining this forum.

20. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Haha that's funny. Im use to seeing your name over at TCS :)

21. kimmigt

kimmigt Subie Godess

Hey - I'm new here. I am new to Subaru as well, just purchased my Legacy GT in October . Have already gone to Stage 1 and am looking to do some other mods as $$$ permit. :biggrin:

Nice to meet you all.
    Kimmi

22. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Welcome! :biggrin:

23. neolives7

neolives7 New Member

Hello... I'm a newb to the forum! I used to own a 2005 WRX STI and am now looking to order a standard 2006 WRX. I need more miles on a tank for in town driving. I used to get about 200 miles on my STI driving 8 mile distances.

:laugh:

24. dansherman

dansherman Guest

Hey guys, new to the forum. I picked up my first Subaru, a 98 Outback Wagon to replace my 96 Suburban, a few weeks ago. So far it's great. I've got to track down a rear wiper arm though, mine was missing when I bought it (from Morrie's MTKA).

I noticed a few of you are from Orono/Independence... I graduated from Orono a few years back.

--
    dan

25. ST1KillaFTWOMGLOLHI2U

ST1KillaFTWOMGLOLHI2U Active Member

Hello I am new here....I have one of those other cars....ok real good then nice to meet you all...Your board is pretty much the best auto forum we have in Minnesota glad to be apart of it.
    Thanks

26. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

^Welcome...What car do you drive?

27. ST1KillaFTWOMGLOLHI2U

ST1KillaFTWOMGLOLHI2U Active Member

I have an 04 Mitsu Evo...I love the car but some times i wish I would have picked up an STi....I was so torn between the two that when it came down to it the Evo was cheaper and thats what I ended up with....Its all stock for now;)

28. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

Welcome... and yes, Evo's are welcome as well.

29. badbennyb

badbennyb Has no title

Welcome! if you haven't already check out evomn.net it is a fairly new group w/some really nice members. they may be able to help more with evo specifics but this site is WAY more active so look here for more fun and events.

30. Torc

Torc New Member

noob just sayin hi

hey all...buyin an 05 sti this week..been readin your forums for about a week..all seem like a nice bunch..any subaru owners in the forest lake area?

31. saloner

saloner Guest

Newbie moving to Minneapolis.

Hi,
    I'm moving to Minneapolis, and 'am considering my first Subaru purchase: an Impreza WRX wagon.
    It is heartening to me that a club and forum with enthusiastic and knowledgeable members exists in Minneapolis; makes me that much more confident in considering an Impreza.
    I looked through the forum, but did not find any pointers to honest and competent Subaru mechanics in the Twin Cities area. While I'd like to get working by myself on my car, I'd be the happier knowing that a fine technician is on hand as a back up.
    Would appreciate any references/recommendations.
    I look forward to learn, contribute and share the enjoyment of Subaru ownership and driving on this forum.
    Cheers.

32. Natural2JZ

Natural2JZ Well-Known Member

Welcome i hope u enjoy ur subaru as well as being on this forum

33. AWDimprezaL

welcome, and for knowlegable mechanics i work with two (at morries minnetonka subaru) driftin240 is a subaru mechanic, subytek is one as well (actually they are brothers) and they are the ones that are building my motor, 6mtizzle has his car worked on by them often. as do alot of other people, wrxboy2003 owns a mineke, he does great exhaust work, for a reasonable price, so this site is littered with knowledge, you just cant see it ;)

34. Torc

Torc New Member

any sugestions for a new sti owner

not plannin on moddin but would love to meet up with anyone willing to talk cars

35. 99legacy

99legacy New Member

hi everyone!!
    i am new to the group (joined like 2 days ago) i own a 99 legacy like the name says. i live in delano and i bought the car from my mom, she bought it new at morries minnetonka. really like the car and keep adding all the time, motor and all that is stock, but got a awsome sterio and cb radio (yes i said cb) look forward to meeting every one, and when is the next firesotne meeting would like to meet every one.

until next time....

36. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Firestone happens every friday and saturday night. Check out the official firestone thread for more info. Also, welcome to all the new people.

Russ

37. 1SiKWaGoN

1SiKWaGoN Guest

Brand new to the forum and pretty new to Subaru too. I have been in the sport for quite some time though. I just recently sold my baby! A 94 built gsr turbo. You may have seen her around, here's what she looks like. I sold her to an 18 year old kid fresh out of hs, so I'm sure it will be blown up soon! lol..sad :emo:
    I've always loved the WRX and have always wanted one. Not for serious upgrades, but for a dependable car that can be driven year round. My offer is currently pending at a small local dealer for an 02 wagon.
    I'm looking to get to some meets and meet some new people with the same interests in cars. Nice to be here! Name's Dave by the way and I'm representing the south burbs.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

38. 1SiKWaGoN

1SiKWaGoN Guest

^^God, those pics make me miss her even more!

39. 02blubru

02blubru Well-Known Member

you will only miss her till you own a subaru!!!

40. boomer

boomer Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, I've been a member for a few months but havent posted yet. I've just been doing alot of reading and learning. My wife and I were up at Firestone a month back with our black 04 wagon. You may remember the vette style exaust tip. It was good to put a few faces with names. Just figured I'd finally give a shout.

41. mlgez

mlgez Well-Known Member

Yea I remember you. That was a nice exaust. You had the intake silencer removed and modified by you, right? I had the GPMoto elbow on my '05 STi. Welcome again. Finally going to be doing an exaust on mine soon too.

42. jmullan

jmullan Well-Known Member

What's Old Is New

I just got my third Impreza last night. I was kind of hoping to have a turbo by now, but you know how it goes.

43. JeWrX

JeWrX Well-Known Member

Hey guys, names Kevin, just bought my first subaru. I purchased a 2002 Black WRX with 44,000 miles. I dont intend on doing any major mods, just some exhaust and taking out that ridiculous intake silencer. Hope to see you guys at firestone sometime.

44. HouseOfAtlas

HouseOfAtlas Active Member

When did you purchase the Subaru? I was trying to contact the guy that was selling a black one in Woodbury, but he never got back to me. Must've sold it to you first :)

Oh well, I ended up getting a blue 2003 WRX with 46k on it. First thing that needs to be done is to debadge it and take off the SUBARU on the trunk lid.

45. JeWrX

JeWrX Well-Known Member

Tricky thing about the car, the guy was in florida the car was here and it was with his parents, however right after i got in contact with his parents his phone stopped working so thats why he probably never got back to you. Fun car, needed some work though. Definately worth the extra $$$ and time for a WRX though