Newbies Introduce Yourselves Here

Discussion in 'The Welcome Mat' started by dyang, Oct 20, 2005.

1. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Pics newb!?

MN_XV_712 likes this.
  2. monsterenergy339

monsterenergy339 Member

3. JB9866

JB9866 Active Member

Been here awhile never really posted. Recently moved to the cities. I have a 2010 lgt and an 06 impreza 2.5i.

tangledupinblu likes this.
  4. tangledupinblu

Welcome!(lurker) Hahaha

Any pics? Any mods?

5. JB9866

JB9866 Active Member

No mods yet.

Attached Files:

6. rose0529

rose0529 Member

Hello -

Just wanted to introduce myself, My name is Mike. I am new to the Subaru world, but I have had a few fun cars. I'm sure a few people on this board know who I am. I had an Evo IX from 07-14, and a 2011 335IX from 14-16. I am in the process of replacing my A3 TDI through the Dieselgate scandal, and and looking at a new WRX.

7. tangledupinblu

Welcome Mike! Pics after you grab the new WRX please. :)

rose0529 likes this.
  8. xgingavitisx

xgingavitisx New Member

Hello everyone! Kind of a new member. I was active many years ago when I was in high school, but got rid of my Subaru so really reason to continue. I now have a 2006 Forester L.L. Bean. Mostly stock, I have however upgraded bits of the lighting. I work nights and drive some wildlife infested roads.

I changed the fog lights out and added a light bar, both Amazon Specials. So far so good with them, I resealed them with silicone just to be sure. Excited to be back in the Subie community!

I'll upload a photo later, the one I took I'd too large apparently.

Ntxhuav_Khang and tangledupinblu like this.
  9. Ntxhuav_Khang

Ntxhuav_Khang Well-Known Member

Been on here for a good while. I'm the guy that had his fozzy taken in the cold winter day of January about three years ago. Bought a few other Subies after (98 Impreza OBS - sent to the crusher, 11 WRX hatch - SOLD), but now down to two. 03 two tone & 04 FXT Fozzies. :)

Attached Files:

10. xgingavitisx

xgingavitisx New Member

Here is the photo of my lovely Forester. I need to wash it, but just haven't had the time, nor weather, and I'm a little afraid of going through an automatic wash with the light bar. Hoping to get some Rally Armour flaps to help with the mess, but the Mrs, has heard about enough car stuff for a couple of weeks haha.
    IMG_20161213_162031798_HDR-min.jpg

Ntxhuav_Khang and tangledupinblu like this.
  11. shagginwagon

shagginwagon New Member

Found the site researching mechanics to do Subaru, THANKS for welcoming me. Learned how to drive with a 88 Gl wagon now I own another AWD Wagon. I would like to thank everyone for ALL the info!

12. Tyler Witty

Tyler Witty Active Member

Hey everyone, I'm a new member and have been following the website since I purchased my first Subaru back in March. I had to go with WRB for the color choice and it's a 2016 WRX Premium. I'm in the St. Louis Park area and often see lots of Subies at the LA Fitness where I workout and also attend the C&C events during the summer. So far have loved the car and I think it's unique that when you see other Subaru Legacy/WRX/STI owners driving around I always get a wave which I think is cool. I've attached a couple pics one from the summer and one with my winter tire setup (general altimax artic tires). No mods currently but Rally Armor mud flaps are on the way this week so will post another pic when installed. I am also planning on doing a nameless axelback delete closer to summer. Thanks everyone!

Attached Files:

13. tangledupinblu

Excellent choice, beautiful ride! Welcome(officially)!

14. silver03

silver03 Well-Known Member

Calling all newbies, keep an eye out for an upcoming contest thread On January 1.

15. staticflow

staticflow New Member

Hello, I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm on my second Subaru, a 2008 Impreza. No mods or anything particular picture worthy; however, I love my car and should cross the hundred thousand mile mark in a month or two.

16. tangledupinblu

Welcome! We encourage pics, even if your only mod is your favorite bumper sticker! Lol

It's good to have you here. What was your first?

17. rose0529

rose0529 Member

Picked up a 2017 WRX Premium about a week or so ago. Really happy with it so far, just waiting to get finished up with the break in period.

Shout out to CTracey218 for the ambassador coupon! The sales lady had never seen one before!

[​IMG]

Before summer wheels were pulled off:
    [​IMG]

silver03 and tangledupinblu like this.
  18. Klesk

Klesk Well-Known Member

Welcome and nice ride! I strongly encourage you entertain the idea of going with the 4" tips. I did and love them. Sound great and really fill in the gaps perfectly IMHO.

Attached Files:

19. Tyler Witty

Tyler Witty Active Member

Those look nice! Not sure what I will end up doing the 4" might be a little big for me but 3.5" would probably be just right. I got my Rally Armor mud flaps put on over Christmas and love them!

Attached Files:

joebush44 and tangledupinblu like this.
  20. Niz

Niz Well-Known Member

Hi guys. Just bought a '05 Saabaru 9-2x yesterday. Only found this site a few days ago so thought I'd make an account to see if I could find a car but I ended up buying this one the day I posted.

It's completely stock and super clean. It is an auto (I know, I know) but it'll be mostly used for commuting to school so I'd prefer auto anyways. It's got 125k miles on it. Hopefully it'll last me a while.

Our family's '06 Legacy got totaled a couple months ago and while this is not it's replacement, it's nice to have another Subaru in the family again, even if it looks like a Saab :D

Attached Files:

joebush44 and tangledupinblu like this.
  21. tangledupinblu

Welcome and that looks like a great find!! Hope that you stick around and come to some meets. Autos are cool too:cool:

-Josh

22. GrawvyRobber

GrawvyRobber Active Member

Hey there, wanted to introduce myself, my name is Tanner. I recently picked up a 02 wrx wagon this past summer. It was family owned and purchased new from morries. This is my first Subaru and I had no idea what was missing. It still needs a bit of work, but its mine. This is my DD and only car. Currently has SPT intake, GS uppipe, ebay downpipe, Cobb catback. I've been lurking here for a little while and have gained an immense amount of knowledge from it. I'm glad there is a local group of very knowledgable people. I also got my GF onboard with the Subaru club and she purchased her first subie a few weeks ago! She got a '17 Impreza sport hatch and she's in love! Now we're a happy lil subie family.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

23. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

Better turn that g-f into a w-i-f-e.

minnesotanice and tangledupinblu like this.
  24. powdered toast man

powdered toast man Member

Garth, marriage is punishment for shoplifting in some countries.

25. STi_From_DSM

STi_From_DSM Well-Known Member

Very nice looking Hatch there. I like the updated look of those!

26. Xochi

Xochi New Member

Hiya Everyone!

Brand new to MNSubaru, the dealership actually recommended I come here and meet you all. I have owned an 03' Baja for many years and it quickly became the best vehicle I swear I have ever owned. I decided it was time to give it up though, as I already have my 79' RX-7 to work on as my money pit. I am getting a 16' WRX as soon as the factory delivers it so I am really excited to see how my next Subaru turns out. I was always a Rotary guy, but I cannot deny the fun of AWD in winters.

klutz and tangledupinblu like this.
  27. BroCo

BroCo Moderator Staff Member

Good to see all of these new people! Welcome!

28. tangledupinblu

Agreed! Welcome!!

-Josh

29. g0tiMe

g0tiMe Active Member

Got a 2017 WRX back at the end of December (first Subaru), been lurking since so I thought I'd drop a hello to everyone. Hopefully I can help contribute to the community somehow!

- Toua

IMG_0036.JPG

klutz likes this.
  30. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

Welcome. Just concentrate on NOT providing entertainment to the community due to misfortune.

31. tangledupinblu

Welcome Toua! Nice choice for your first. Come and join us for the LaXCruise this summer!

-Josh

32. Mnelson

Mnelson Well-Known Member

Hello everyone,

New to mnsubaru but I've "guest lurked" here for a year or so, just looking for parts at the time. :p Now I finally have an account.

I currently have a 2013 blurple sti hatch and a 01 outback limited. I also have a 1968 mustang coupe from California that is my "summer car". Before the sti, I had a 14 wrx dgm hatch that I traded in December.

The sti was essentially bone stock when I got it, and now has a invidia down pipe with a cobb ap. I have been learning a lot about tuning and have thus started tackling my sti. I've made tweaks to the ots cobb map to improve fueling and planned an ebcs and eventually e85. :)

[​IMG]

ocie, skubi1, tangledupinblu and 3 others like this.
  33. tangledupinblu

Welcome! Blurple FTW!

Mnelson likes this.
  34. skubi1

skubi1 Well-Known Member

Welcome! Is blurple like a blumpkin?

35. Mnelson

Mnelson Well-Known Member

All the fun, without the mess.. Costs about the same.

36. esmokah

esmokah New Member

Hi guys. New Subaru owner and new to Duluth. Here is my 08 sti. 16796963_10212877570636956_141070031701474533_o.jpg

37. tangledupinblu

I love 5 spoke rims! Welcome and nice STi!

-Josh

38. WRXtraveller

WRXtraveller Member

O. k
    I finally decided to chime in.
    I registered for this board a few months back. I've figured I have ghosted long enough. I bought my first Subaru back in 2011. I purchased a used 2006 Impreza 2.5i. Just last October it lost to a deer leaping across HWY 210 just North of .......
    Deerwood, MN. I week & half later, while browsing the Walser Honda Lot, I found a pristine 2005 silver WRX with only 25K miles on it. I decided to buy it. Ever since then, I've been having a blast driving it all over Minnesota & the Dakotas for my job.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  39. tangledupinblu

IMG_6515.JPG
    Super clean!! Sorry about the hawkeye, but definitely welcome the new one!

How the heck did you manage to come up with a 12 year old car with 25k on it!? The Subie Gods have been shining on you!! :)

WRXtraveller likes this.
  40. WRXtraveller

WRXtraveller Member

I found the previous owners info in the glove box . I'm the second owner. It was a Florida car. A lady owned it in St. Petersburg . She only drove it 2K a year. She traded it in around 2015. The Walser group bought it at auction last Summer. I think the car sat for quite awhile too. So far, I had all of the fluids changed out, it's spark plugs changed and I bought new tires. Also, I had Wslser Subaru fix a stiff steering issue. An "O" ring on the steering pump had shrunk and it was pinching the power steering fluid line to the pump restricting it. Unfortunatly, I'm putting more miles on this car then it has ever had put on it in such a short period of time. Right now it has 42K on the clock. It wasn't luck finding it. The car just is not that desirable to most of you enthusiasts. It has a 4eat AT. That's OK for me because I hate driving a manual equipt car on long business trips. It just so happens that I also own a Red 2000 Toyata MRS with a 5 speed manual. It is in storage currently.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  41. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

25k miles. Holy hell.

42. WRXtraveller

WRXtraveller Member

Also, I was going to try & not mod it. But, that changed. So, far, I had Rally armor UR mudflaps installed. Also, I have a set of Hella Sharp tone horns waiting to be installed. Finally, I just ordered a 3 inch Magna flow Cat back exhaust for it. This car is just too damb quite.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  43. terrorgen

terrorgen Member

Hello, new member and owner of Subaru here. My wife got herself a bugeye Impreza OBS I like it so much I bought myself a bugeye TS. 101k on the OBS and 191k on the TS. The OBS drives wonderfully and the TS would need to get the exhaust leak fixed. I am mostly around St. Paul and Fridley.

44. tangledupinblu

Welcome! Another "multi-Subie" family to add to the collective!:thumbup:

-Josh

45. Jason C

Jason C Well-Known Member

Cool. I live in Fridley. Hope to see you around!