Newbies Introduce Yourselves Here

Discussion in 'The Welcome Mat' started by dyang, Oct 20, 2005.

1. RiVeX

RiVeX New Member

Hey fellaz.....Just moved into the area, got a modded 04 STI silver.......... lookin to add some more parts, but havin a hard time finding local tunerz......I have some buddies that work for Cobb Tuning (that's where I came from), so it used to be pretty easy gettin parts and tunes, but I'm really not into driving across 4 states just for a tune......I'll be seein ya around

2. HouseOfAtlas

HouseOfAtlas Active Member

Sounds good :biggrin:

I actually haven't gotten my vehicle yet. I bought it in Washington and it's being shipped here. I got a great deal on it and the guy that sold it to me has a great reputation, so hopefully things work out. I just wanted a Subaru so I can have a winter vehicle and summer vehicle all rolled into one. My bagged S10 would of driven alright in the winter, but never took off my summer tires :banghead:

3. vanddelor

vanddelor Well-Known Member

hey guys...newbie here...joined not so long ago...just put in a blitz exhaust...this thing is loud!!!...

4. badbennyb

badbennyb Has no title

Welcome Blaine neighbor! I have been keeping an eye out for you I guess now I will be keeping my ears open as well. Get yourself down to firestone one of these weekends I think you'd enjoy it.

5. 06WRXss

06WRXss New Member

Hi everyone...I'm new to the world of Subaru. I just got out of the service and back to MN to start my new life.
    I got the new job, new car, and I'm shopping for engagement rings, but after cruising around the WRX for a month now I think its more important that I do some shopping for summer wheels and tires instead! I love these cars! Any suggestions?

Oh, and by the way, what is Firestone?

6. Natural2JZ

Natural2JZ Well-Known Member

firestone is a shop that sell tires and auto stuff.. but the mnsubaru meet every friday happens at a firestone parking lot in midway.. im not sure of exact address. sry

7. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

8. 06WRXss

06WRXss New Member

Cool. Thanks, I should be able to find it and stop by some night.

9. jubella2

jubella2 GC8 FTW

Hi fellow Subaru owners
    My name is mark and I recently got a 1999 2.5 rs. I used to drive a 99 civic si until it was stolen. I am new to subarus and dont really know anything about them. I do know that it is way more fun to drive than the civic.

Oh and is it the firestone off university?

10. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

Hey Mark, Welcome...Yes Firestone off University...I'm sure you'll meet Jason (readymix) there...Just go there have fun and introduce yourself.

11. jubella2

jubella2 GC8 FTW

Who is this Jason. And i just read your thread about your spin out. Glad to hear your okay and i cant believe you didnt hit anything else.

12. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

Jason is (readymix) 04 WRX Silver, he's a good guy, he is probably there every week. Just bring some DVDs, you'll know what I mean when you meet him and see his Rex.

Yea...The spin out was a thrill! =P...Luck was on my side, that is for sure...

13. subaru4

subaru4 New Member

Jason his name on the forums is readymix. I think that it is a 2004 WRX Impreza, Silver

14. AWD_PWNZ

AWD_PWNZ New Member

Hello everyone! My name is Brent and I am new to the suby game! I just bought my first suby. I am hoping that one of these days I will be able to meet some of you guys in person.

15. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

I'm Jason. I'm a Firestone pimp.

16. subaru4

subaru4 New Member

Go to firestone on University every friday.

17. AWD_PWNZ

AWD_PWNZ New Member

Yeah I live in WI so that is a bit of a drive for me, but my buddy that told me about the site parents live there and he said I can come up anytime and check it out. He said it gets pretty nuts on the weekends. And you really cant beat a lot of just subys! Deff one of these weekends we are going to roll up there and check out your seen..

18. degeneration-WRX

degeneration-WRX New Member

Hello All,

new to the board, but been driving subies forever, just wanted to say hello, i drive that sonic yellow WRX with the rare WRX stiching on the seats, probably seen me around town.

19. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

Sweet ride, thats a good example of why I should of gotten a Yellow scooby and welcome!

20. degeneration-WRX

degeneration-WRX New Member

Thanks man. glad to be here, everybody on the board has been awsome with helpful tips.

21. tofuboy

tofuboy Active Member

Hello everyone! I'm new! My name is Will and i recently (last month)
    purchased a ' 00 2.5RS Silverthorn(my first subaru) and just have a
    exhaust upgrade. Thanks;) (ScoobyTodd and WRXBoy2003)
    love that deeper sound......

.......so Im looking forward to learn on this forum,
    and may have some newbie question but i know im in a good place
    to be. Thanks Looking forward to meeting up with you all !:)

22. John16V

John16V Well-Known Member

Welcome, Newbie ;)

23. gabby

gabby Guest

newbie here

Hello another newbie here, I bought a 2.5 rs the San Remos red color back in 04 it has 27k miles now. So nothing done to it since i still have the warrany. This is my first scuby but im sure not my last one. Gotta give thanks to RallyNavvie for helping educate me to the cars and such. Where do you guys hang out on the weekend he told me firestone but sounds like that is changing?

24. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

As of now, we will continue to meet at Firestone, and if they contines to be problems, we will go from there.

Russ

25. ILLICITWERX

ILLICITWERX New Member

what kind of problems are you guys having?..... and welcome :)

26. subaru4

subaru4 New Member

27. Chuanpreza

Chuanpreza New Member

Hi. I have a stock 02 silver WRX that ive had since 01, but with kid raising and home owning I havent been forking additional money into my car. I just showed up to last weekends firestone meet and look forward to getting over there again.

I am going to be replacing my rotors/pads and catback exhaust this next couple weeks to start doing some AutoX. I will be trying to stay stock for a while but I am sure ill be asking for help soon enough when I get sucked into more modding.

28. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

When you are ready to do the brakes, give Mark a call at deversified (frozenrotors.com). just tell him you are part of mnsubaru and he will hook ya up with our discount.

Russ

29. Macx

Macx New Member

Yet another Newb.

Hi there, happy to have found this board, thanks to one of your members who shares my passion for going fast on two wheels.

I am a recent convert from a life long relationship with Volkswagen . . . for years I had operated under the World View that: if the pavement was not good enough to play on two wheels, it was to bad to play therefore motorcycles are for performance and cars are for when the weather is icky, groceries need getting, dog needs hauling, or other scenarios in which I was not going to be “playingâ€. In short, bikes are for speed and fun, cars are for utility and economy. I have had somewhat of a shift in worldview. I am viewing the Subaru as an opportunity to have my cake and eat it too.

So, I picked up a 2002 WRX Wagon, with plans to keep it as “stealth†as possible, minimize any mods that are visible from the outside, sporting benign silver, and hopefully stay off the cop’s radar . . . while having a little fun every now and again. My dog loves the space and I am very pleased with the car.

30. badbennyb

badbennyb Has no title

:wavey: hello and welcome to....ahh....this

31. jonny8852

jonny8852 Well-Known Member

hi i am a lil new here. i bought a 02 WRB Wrx back in January. I love it. I live in the plymouth area. I have been readin up on all the forums and all of you have helped me a lot. But i just decided to introduce my self and say hi to everyone. thanks

32. Gaar@

Gaar@ New Member

Wassup Guys. Im jon. I'm new to the subaru scene and basicly know nothing about them. I just learned how to change out the spark plugs yesterday :( . im in love with my wrx and hopefully it will stay that way. holla.:)

33. mlgez

mlgez Well-Known Member

Everyone has to start somewhere :). I have not tried that on a Suby yet.

Welcome.

34. Speedemon

Speedemon Well-Known Member

its no problem, i still know nothing

35. Wgp assassin

Wgp assassin New Member

hey everyone , im kc, I have an 05 RS, and im a subiholic.

36. mnstilynwrx

mnstilynwrx Well-Known Member

what up man, welcome

37. carl

carl Well-Known Member

guess i'll finally post here. I picked up an 04 STi about a month ago - great car, i love it!

i'm coming from the land of 240sx's, i have 2 at the moment (and they're for sale!). i've also previously owned a gvr4, and a jdm h22a swapped accord so i've been into a lot of different stuff but i'm a newb to subaru.

38. Rathmysphs

Rathmysphs Guest

I'm in the market for a white 04 WRX that's always been stock and has low miles. I think I found one, I'm going to look at it on monday. Wish me luck. oh yeah, i'm some noob.

39. Squiggly

Squiggly Squiggly

welcome hopefully you get it. if u have any questions about it feel free to ask.

40. wrxjoe

wrxjoe Well-Known Member

hello fellow suby fanatics, I just got into the suby scene about a year ago when I got my wrx it is an 03 in sonic yellow. I love to modify it and do all my own work. I also love to drive and mess with hondas. hope to see yall around. Iam moving to duluth for college this year and am interested in any clubs around there so if anyone knows shoot me a pm or whatever. thanks, Joe Olivieri:biggrin:

41. 1fastwagon

1fastwagon New Member

back in a subaru after 9 months

Hey gang, after being away from subaru's for 9 months, I'm back. I picked up an 05 STi on saturday. Already having a ball with it. Glad to be back.

42. Matchyne

Matchyne Active Member

Been lurking since about April, when I ordered my subie. My 07 STi limited came in last wed. Still breakin her in, 500 miles to go! I am coming from a '02 rsx type s. Even when keeping the sti under the 4k limit its got some serious balls compared to the acura.

43. 1SIKWRX

1SIKWRX New Member

i havent been here for over a year.. glad to see the forums still doing good. im thinking about getting another MY02 or maybe the new STi. whatever my pocket can get..

-Johnni from MAS

44. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Well-Known Member

I'm also one of those who has been lurking. Bought my 06 TR in May and have been enjoying every minute since. Just had the time to do some work on it recently. Am planning on only lightly modding it with a DP and AP (stage 2) in the coming months.

But I love perusing the forums, and am a member at wrxtuners and clubwrx as well. But..Hi!

45. xturfoz

xturfoz Active Member

just bought a 95 legacy wagon..... for my winter DD car. this is my first subaru car and AWD.