Newbies Introduce Yourselves Here

Discussion in 'The Welcome Mat' started by dyang, Oct 20, 2005.

1. wings_23

wings_23 New Member

Hey i am brand new, i have been waiting for them to validate my memebership. I have a bunch of probally silly questions about my car. I dont know much about it but i would like to learn. Does antbody get together in the winter tme. I have a 05 sti,silver, with no mods what so ever. I have to add some stuff to my wifes car before i can touch mine. First question is can i take out the airbox in the wheel well for a little louder turbo sound with out hurting anything?

2. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Yep, I think the airbox mod is probably the first thing that everyone does to their suby. Also, welcome to the site.

Russ

3. subie4life

subie4life Active Member

I guess I'm pretty new to this site. I registered a while back, but I've only been on here once or twice. Im on Nasioc about 5 times a day however. It's about time I give this site some lovin. I love my RS wagon, but I really wish I would have sucked in up for the Rex the first time. I just couldn't justify the extra 5 grand at the time. I've probably put close to that into my RS so I should've just bought the damn Rex in the first place. Unfortunately my wife and I have an agreement that we will only have 1 car payment at a time. That means driving our cars for 8-10 years. She's due next. I'm going to try and get her into an FXT. Right now she has a turbo golf. My wife doesn't care about cars. Why should she get the turbos? Not fair.

4. tmarc12366009

tmarc12366009 Well-Known Member

You could always install TURBOS!!! ;)

I'm sure your car will love it!!!

5. subie4life

subie4life Active Member

Yeah, I've definitely thought about it, but I've also read after market turbos on the RS are a bad idea. Clutch not meant to handle it, reliability issues, etc.

6. tmarc12366009

Yeah... Just a thought! I was trying to quench your turbo desire!!!

I'm sure you can have some fun with the NA RS though using that 2.5 litre engine for some goodies and some power increases!!!

Don't let the lack of a turbo hold ya back!

7. subie4life

subie4life Active Member

Thanks...I'm not sure there's a drink strong enough to quench that thirst though. Even without the turbo I think the RS is a blast to drive. I put on perrin swaybars and that made a world of difference in the handling dept. I'm fine with the performance around town. I've got a 5 speed with a kartboy shortthrow and it's plenty of oomph for me for now. It's just on the highway in passing situations that I'm left wanting more! Something to look forward to...

8. PRA4SNO

PRA4SNO Well-Known Member

Just signed up tonight. I've been a member on rs25 for almost 2 years now. Just picked up my second sooby after my old one got t-boned.

I'll be rockin' a 99 2.5rs, soon to be aspen white. I've got an 01 rear end conversion, and thats pretty much it. Its been a build up project, and will hopefully be in and out of paint fairly soon now.

9. SomethingsWrong

SomethingsWrong Well-Known Member

Welcome to the site! :)

10. PRA4SNO

somethings wrong, thanks for catching my stupidity last night. appreciate it!

heh. something WAS wrong.

11. SomethingsWrong

That's what were here for, help each other out and have fun.

12. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

new guy

what's up to all fellow lovers of fast! new to mnsub, but not a stranger to the 02 bug eye. still stock under the hood:biggrin: but i love showing off what subaru put together for a base. got hung up on a curb lately:emo: , kinda burned the clutch a little. wondering if anyone with a little mechanical experience on 02's could take it on a ride with me to check it out. i live in brooklyn park and i'm working nights from 6 to 230. anytime before 5 would be good.

13. Underhill

Underhill New Member

Newb

Hey all, not much time to type now, just picked up a silver 04 Sti out at Brooklyn Park Subaru, I know a little about the car, any info would be great.

14. mlgez

mlgez Well-Known Member

Welcome... you should go to Firestone (University and Snelling approximately) tonight. You could probably learn a lot about the car. That is where most people meet.
    http://www.mnsubaru.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7485
    I am fairly new to the group too and have learned a lot from the people that go there on Friday nights. Some go on Sat too but I hear it is a very light crowd, to the point of almost no one there sometimes. Fridays are the best night to go for sure. I should be leaving Buffalo in about an hour and a half myself.

15. badbennyb

badbennyb Has no title

Congrats on the car! I've checked it out a few times. Hows the Espelir exhaust sound?

16. Underhill

Underhill New Member

Love the exhaust, I could use some snow tires though, summer tires wont work well in the snow Im guessing.

17. 1meanrex

1meanrex Well-Known Member

Wats up guys

what up guys. I just want to peek in and say im new to the board. Been on Nasioc and IWSTI for a while but not on here. Just found out about this from searching the web. You'll probably see me around Edina alot(I work at the Holiday there)stop by and say wats up if ur around, and you might even get to see Charlie Luthers Sti.:laugh:

Heres what i drive:
    04 Silver Sti
    Intake and stupid blow off from original owner, otherwise stock.
    INIVIDIA G200 and Knock off V-Limited lip on the way.

18. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker

Hello, my name is Eli. I just bought a Black 2007 WRX yesterday. Woo. Great deal on it too, thanks to Shane. (Shane86)

19. Shane86

Shane86 Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard Eli.
    I'm glad you drank the punch, and i didn't have to force it down your throat. :D

20. House

House New Member

Hey folks,

I'm dan, 21, mounds view, I drive a neon. Yup, that's about it.

Now I can go back to trolling.. :)

21. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker

The punch was goooood. :laugh:

22. badbennyb

badbennyb Has no title

Sorry to hear that Dan. keep your chin up things will get better for you someday.:biggrin: how did ya find us

23. SomethingsWrong

Don't worry Dan, theres plenty of Subies for everyone!

P.S. Don't feel bad, I used to drive a Neon too. Kinda.:)

24. House

House New Member

heh heh, someday ;)

a few subie folks would post on mnsrt4, and also members on mnsc is where I heard about it.

25. smoothgangsta

smoothgangsta Well-Known Member

Hello,

Name: Mark / Forest Lake, MN.
    Ride: 2007 STi Limited #407 of 800

Just traded in my 2005 Evo GSR w/sun, sound leather package for a brand new 2007 STi Limited in UGM. Enjoying every minute of it so far and after owning 2 EVOs (2005 MR, 2005 GSR w/ssl) it's been an enjoyable switch to the "DARK SIDE".

LOL, love the low key look...

Here are a couple pictures of it -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker

Mark, might seriously want to consider getting some winter tires/wheels on soon if you're planning on driving it thru the winter! hahaha

Welcome aboard!

27. tmarc12366009

Who says they don't like the 06/07 look!?!?

Mark, I will say that is a great look! Good color choice and I love the fact that the limited editions do NOT have the huge spoiler! Looks very sleak... Congrats on the ride and welcome to the "dark side"!

You'll find it better over here anyway! :)

28. House

House New Member

I didn't even know they had an option with no spoiler.. sexy car!

29. esperunit

esperunit Well-Known Member

no spoiler is just on the STi limited. also comes with the v-limited lip on there.

It does have spoiler, its just very small. Also has uber sexy black brembos.

30. smoothgangsta

Already one step ahead of ya, my winter wheels and Blizzak REVOs came in yesterday from the tirerack. I had the Blizzak WS-50 tires on my EVO and they were great!

Should be a fun winter as always!

31. smoothgangsta

Thanks for the warm welcome, I am sure I know some of you from the Firestone parking lot on Friday/Saturday evenings.

32. shineynitelite

shineynitelite Well-Known Member

hola. i'm shineynitelite aka honda3x23 aka shannon (dont ask me for nudes, i will send them)

dont have a subaru, yet. its because everyones racist and wont buy my car...

33. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

^^OMG! :yumyum: :biggrin:

34. Egg

Egg New Member

Whats up all. My names Ryan... everyone calls me Egg. (first 3 letters of my last name.) Loved Subaru's all my life, been driving a 93' Blazer for as long as I can remember. I recently picked up a black 2007 Legacy. LOVE it. I know its not the tuner of choice on these forums, but I still love the car. I'm 25 years old, and needed something practical with good gas mileage, room, all that bs. Someday though I'll have an STI/WRX as a weekend toy.:)

Look foward to learning a lot here, and I'll probably eventually make it up to Firestone. I live in St. Paul not too far from there anyway.

Peace

35. mlgez

mlgez Well-Known Member

Welcome, talk to bikerboy. He has one and is working on mods right now. Love the black Legacy.... sleeper car if I ever saw one.

36. sidebrake

sidebrake New Member

Hey everybody.

I picked up an '05 STi about 2 weeks ago and figured I should see what the Subaru community in MN is all about. I've previously owned a (KA-turbo) 240SX and an MR2. I was involved in autocross with the MR2, so I got to learn the dynamics of an MR car pretty well. The adjustment to an AWD vehicle has been fun and should be really interesting come winter. (Pending snow tires, of course!) I hope to do a lot of autocross in the '07 season so I'd like to keep the car mostly stock while I learn it's dynamics. After I can drive the car fast "as is," I'll start doing some mods. (Plus I'm poor and that'll give me some time to save up. ;) )

One question for you all: Is the WRX community around here very tight? When I drove the MR2, if you ever saw another one, they would wave or give you a head nod at the very least. However, I've noticed that other WRX drivers don't give me the time of day now. Maybe its because the car is more common? I don't know... Thoughts?

Oh yeah, about me: I'm 23. I'm a corporate tool for Target. If you really want to know more, ask. :wiggle:

Oh, and:

[​IMG]

Yeah, another stock STi. :)

-Tom

37. SUCKERPUNCH

SUCKERPUNCH New Member

Welcome, nice car, I really like the white STI's, I am over in the Minnetonka, St. Louis Park Area, I'll give you a wave if I see you.

38. badbennyb

badbennyb Has no title

Who's letting all the new people "in"? just playing with ya I am curious how new members are finding the site?(let us know) In our case after not hanging out at midway for a couple years we bought our car and its the first place we went with it. I almost crapped myself when we drove past Firestone and saw all the Subarus parked there. I had no idea there was such a local following.

39. Egg

Egg New Member

I just started googling Subaru forums to learn some more about them, find a community with a good following. I came across NASIOC and I-Club, but didnt really have an interest and eventually found MNSubaru. Read through the forums a little bit. People seemeds mature, laid back, no kids posting in all caps etc... Seemed like a nice community. I also grew up in St. Paul, ALWAYS see the Sube's at Firestone, always wanted one of my own.

40. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker

Shane (Shane86) dragged me here. haha And yeah, I plan on getting to one of the Firestone meets soon.

Oh, and as for the friendliness of the club, I will always wave at another Scooby. BUT, I really REALLY love driving mine, so I'm usually so involved in driving my own that I don't always see another one. So, well, be more persistant with the waving if you see a black WRX with SHIBBS on the plate. That's me, I will wave......eventually. :laugh:

41. sidebrake

sidebrake New Member

I know what you mean... I definitely get in the 'zone' too. :)

Anyway, I found this site via clubwrx.net's 'twin cities roll call' thread. Someone posted a link there...

I'm not too big on the whole midway thing, but maybe I'll make my way out there in the spring sometime and say hi!

42. bovaddict

bovaddict Well-Known Member

im new.. currently driving a full track/drift 240sx and talking with subaru about getting a 06-07 white wrx and maybe sti.. wrx is more practical though unless my raise goes through early or i just wait longer.. well see..

anywa i kow a couple members on here already so hello

43. PRA4SNO

hey bovaddict! sevenrex, dynapar, and a couple others are just west of you. if you do pick up the sooby I know we'll all look forward to seeing another locally. best of luck

oh and dynapar (martin) got me and sevenrex to join. I was over on rs25 bummin around for a bit and noticed he was about 2 miles from me when I was going to pick up some parts from him. Pm'd him a "hey you're 2 miles from me, wtf" and he actually came and helped me work on my car.

44. 1bad bora

1bad bora New Member

hey my name is paul and i drive a 2005 jetta mk4 2.0T. it has the td04 turbo from a WRX and a STi intercooler that has been converted into a FMIC. i have many other mods but i can share them later if anyone is intrested. im also looking for a rack with i can put my spare tire on and some bora splash guards.

basically Chris2k7 and i have decided that my jetta is an illagitimate kid of subi and they just give him parts to make him feel better. lol.

i like subi's parts alot so im on here to kindof see what else i can make work and to check out all the sweet cars and maybe pick up a subi for winter.

a mod list and pics are in my garage on here!

added pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

45. Platinum Coan

Platinum Coan Well-Known Member

N00b

This is my first post here but I have been lurking for about a month. My name is Jon and I just picked up an '03 WRX Sedan about a month ago. :) I've been wanting an Impreza for almost 5 years now and was finally able to afford one so I bought it. I also own a modified 1986 Pontiac Fiero GT which has been my on-going project for 3 years now. I live in Savage but I go to school at NTI in Eden Prarie. Haven't seen a lot of Impreza's in my area, but they are around. Here it is...

[​IMG]