No Boost

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by android, Oct 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. android

android Guest

So my car suddenly stopped producing boost the other day. I drove it home carefully and haven't driven it since except to verify that the problem persists. I can't hear the turbo at all and my boost gauge will climb from -15 vacuum to 0 boost and just sit there. It feels like a weak NA engine. I cleaned the MAF and checked all my vacuum lines, but nothing. I also noticed all the soot building up on my muffler probably from the car running rich. The car is parked and I'm afraid the turbo is shot. I guess it's time to upgrade to that 18g. God this sucks. Anyone have any ideas on this?

2. BlackDubRX

BlackDubRX New Member

My guess is the same as yours, your turbo seized up.

3. MCJT

MCJT Well-Known Member

Are you sure it isn't just a boost leak? I got one at Road America and managed to find it using a pcv end cap, a valve stem and a bike pump. You can build a boost leak kit for about $15 with parts from home depot.

4. BlackDubRX

BlackDubRX New Member

I highly doubt it's just a leak, since he's not getting any boost what-so-ever. But, it is worth checking it out if you don't want to upgrade right away, BTW 18g = crap stick with either a 16g or 20g ask any DSMer about an 18g and he'll tell not to get it.

5. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Whats wrong with the 18g? It will out flow any of the vf series turbo and it spools just as quick (or quicker) than the vf30/34. I am running a 18g and love it.

Russ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.