No longer able to edit posts in for sale section

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Front Office' started by Mar48, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Mar48

Mar48 Well-Known Member

Like the title states, I'm no longer able to edit posts in FS threads. Am I missing something or is this how it will be going forward? Very annoying when there is an error (or in my recent case when the pics don't work so I need to edit the links)

2. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

It's been that way for probably 5 years. Pm a mod or post the edit in your thread. We'll edit the op.

Ntxhuav_Khang and Aegis like this.
  3. Mar48

Mar48 Well-Known Member

Well I must be going crazy! I didn't remember that you couldn't on here.. thanks

4. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

It's kind of silly, but they have a reason for it.

Either way, super easy for a mod to do. PM us or post in your FS thread next time that you need help!

-Josh

5. Mar48

Mar48 Well-Known Member

Will do - thank you both

6. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

It's not silly. The purpose for it was to facilitate finding historical price data for things that have sold in the past. Ever try to figure out what something typically sells for on Nasioc? 99% of the time you'll find the thread title of something you want, but the price and thread original post will be blanked and replaced with the word "SOLD!!!"
    This keeps the pricing data from the original post intact for others that are looking to sell something similar. You know, that way we don't have beat to ass 16 year old Forester Ls being sold for 4 times the bluebook value ;)