No Mas Manual???

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by skubi1, Mar 22, 2018.

1. skubi1

skubi1 Well-Known Member

tangledupinblu likes this.
  2. derp

derp Well-Known Member

Can't have manual transmission cars in a automated car society. It's just another form of controlling the population through shadowy methods. Get people used to only autos in new cars, slowly regulate old cars out of existence, legislate mandatory autonomous cars, and boom. Captive audience.

skubi1 likes this.
  3. skubi1

skubi1 Well-Known Member

True, so far Uber's only flipped one autonomous car and killed a pedestrian with another one in Arizona. As for manuals, every other car that I've had was a manual. Drive one, get sick of shifting gears in traffic, switch back to auto. Get tired of not having the gears, switch back to manual. Going to keep the manual for my next project car.

4. Jason C

Jason C Well-Known Member

5. Shancaldazar

Shancaldazar Well-Known Member

How hard would it be to make a manual compatible with eyesight? Add a second (electronically) controlled cluster master cylinder that can autoclutch in an emergency stop and you should be good to go. That's really the only thing I can think of that a manual would be difficult with eyesight.

Adaptive cruise control would either need a warning that you need to shift down (or up) a gear, or disable that feature for manuals and use regular cruise control.

6. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

How hard would it be to just have people pay attention to what they're doing behind the wheel?

tangledupinblu, Chux and Jason C like this.
  7. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

^This. Car smarter, people dumb-ur.

Krazylegz1485 likes this.