Discussion in 'FS: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats' started by prezawagon, Jan 11, 2006.
Push button grill ignitor on the dash.
"Go Baby Go".
Free 2000 outback sport on Facebook. Missing some bits but could be useful to some of you folks down that way.
pretty sweet deal for those with mechanic skills...
I'd say given that it clearly needs a water pump and almost certainly a timing belt and associated pulleys, it's not really any kind of deal. Oil leaks could be hg, rear main seal or a dozen other things ranging from trivial to terminal. That said, it could be a fun beater and rallyx car with the 5mt. If I had space I'd offer $500 for it.
He did say “someone with mechanic skills”. That’s still like another what, $500-800 in parts? But $500 would be what I’d offer as well
Super clean 91 Justy on BaT. 42,000 original miles
my car for sale for parts...in case someone has a grudge against me and would
rather purchase a car anonymously from CL
Anyone want Gorilla mudflaps for their pre-2003 Forester?
Here is where I bough them brand new. They are still brand new, never mounted. https://www.gorillaoffroadcompany.c...ducts/subaru-forester-mud-flaps-gravel-guards
STi hatch for $8000 or trade for a Honda CRV.
$8k for an STi. And it's in a trailer park. Hmm.
It was the Yee to someones Haw
I'm guessing it is just a picturesque backdrop for the ad's photo shoot.
Could also be the Yee to someone's Yee. Haha.
Here's another interesting one.... I didn't know that a spray painted smiley face was a dealer option on a new BRZ.... https://www.neilhuffman.com/new-Louisville-2020-Subaru-BRZ-tS-JF1ZCAD13L9700589
And here I was just thinking the car had been vandalized.
Calling all @derp s
while excellent, that price tag puts it out of reasonable reach.
Holy sh!t, yes.
STI w/99k for $9,999!!! Even if it's not in the best shape that looks like a really great price. 2008 STI.
Not bad! As long as the motor and trans works!
Looks way too familiar....
You’d think they’d at least replace the fog light before listing it on BaT.
No i wouldn't, people are idiots.
This is proven every day in oh so many ways.
It’s ironic that this is posted on “bring a trailer“. It should also be on the sister website “keep a trailer“...handy.
the metallic pink puts it in a league of it's own.
Can I ask what one is searching for to stumble upon something of this magnitude?
I get it, my standards are low
Quite the contrary, my friend. I love finding the quirky stuff on there. Makes up for striking out over and over looking for Subaru parts/projects.
I sent the owner an email to find out exactly what it would need. If I get a response, I will update everyone.
Since we've had her, we have done the following.
2010 - replaced the starter
2014 - replaced head gasket, and the thermostat as well since I was in there.
- replaced distributor cap/rotor/wires/spark plugs trying to track down a stalling problem when idle.
- replaced the fuel injection pressure regulator and it finally solved the idle issue.
2015-ish - replaced the tires. They have less than 5000 miles on them, as we started using her less and less.
- replaced the front/rear brake shoes/pads around the same time.
2019 - replaced the battery
Her current problems are as follows. I just don't have the time or desire to look into them further.
- Some kind of gas tank leak when filling the tank. Not sure if it's a gasket on the top of the tank, or an actual tank leak. Seems to not leak when only filling 1/2 tank, which has been the solution for the last 5 years.
- Re-occurring check engine light, which throws 4, 15 and 17 codes. This manifests itself as sluggishness above 40 MPH which eventually clears up and goes away and then comes back again at some point.
- Starting in the last few weeks, there's a vibration that starts at around 35 MPH and then gets worse as speed increases.
- Broke something on the speedometer cable during the head gasket work. It's a 2 part cable, and I can't seem to source the 2nd cable to replace it. We use a Garmin to check speed.
- Windshield wiper fluid container leaks from a crack on the tank mold joint.
- Oil pan gasket needs replacing
- Passenger side door lock is different than driver's, ignition and hatchback locks, so therefore doesn't work.
- Heater fan controller only works on high. From what I understand, this is a known issue. It REALLY heats well in the winter.
I have a feeling that in a car like that the speedometer isn't all that critical...
And the ad is deleted now. Which one of you snaked me!?
I've been hunting for something to mash on at the track. 5sp, older than 2000ish, little to no rust. Might end up being a Miata bro
Please give my condolences to your man card. Haha.
Sheata!? Bwahahaha. But seriously though, it’s a good track car and you can find them cheap so you can buy a good helmet!
I know. I'll just never say it out loud.
And no, I wouldn't drive one even if I could fit on one. Haha.
Okay, maybe I'd try driving it once but would definitely not own one.
15K for a 2015 STi "roller" with 55,000 miles
You really gotta treat something harsh to seize an engine at 55k... I feel price point is okay given that with rebuilding the engine to just OEM would put it just a hair over for a 5 year old STi with that mileage.
How badly was the engine modified is my question, but if it was certified like his ad shows then we're talking 7yr/100k. Right?
Honestly, I'm not suprised a 08+ ej257 nuked itself between 45-60k, regardless of the amount of mods.