***** Official Firestone Thread *****

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by Justin, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Flipndabrd

Flipndabrd Well-Known Member

All those subies in one location... I've justs gots to gets down there.
    Anyone going tonight?! (Saturday 26th)

2. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by PHATsuby

did bikerboy bring out his STi?

Ben
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

}:)

3. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

that was a fantastic turnout!!!....martin, that was a fun little stoplight battle...but how did i go through downtown and still manage to catch up with you guys on the freeway? did you see that infiniti messing around with me? he kept riding my ass at like 90, then trying to pass, but i wouldnt let him, then he got sick of it and didnt let off, then he realized, at about 113mph that he missed his exit and treid to go over the curb (to 169 and general mills blvd) :D i'll probably go tonight maybe

4. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Flipndabrd

All those subies in one location... I've justs gots to gets down there.
    Anyone going tonight?! (Saturday 26th)

will be there like usual

5. 2.5RS_Freek

2.5RS_Freek New Member

I'll probably stop by for a bit. :)

6. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Ill be there tonight}:)

7. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by AWDimprezaL

that was a fantastic turnout!!!....martin, that was a fun little stoplight battle...but how did i go through downtown and still manage to catch up with you guys on the freeway? did you see that infiniti messing around with me? he kept riding my ass at like 90, then trying to pass, but i wouldnt let him, then he got sick of it and didnt let off, then he realized, at about 113mph that he missed his exit and treid to go over the curb (to 169 and general mills blvd) :D i'll probably go tonight maybe

that was alot of fun. poor chux. i was leading him home and when i raced you, he was way behind and umm.... kinda missed a light. i dont know how we met up on 394. we stopped a couple times, one to catch up to klesk cause i get lost downtown, and two for chuxs poor car. i wish i coulda seen that infiniti, thats sounds funny. espescailly to see him hope the curb.

8. AWDimprezaL

i'll most likely go tonight, i dont have much else to do, and its **** nice out again!

9. Speedemon

Speedemon Well-Known Member

If I get a new camera today I will come out

10. Dynapar

wont be there tonight. i got other plans. i'll probably be there next friday though.

11. morganm

morganm New Member

Didn't expect so many people and cars last friday! Nice to see I wasnt the only lifted GL wagon there :D

12. Flipndabrd

Last night (Sat) was fun. Got to meet people, see some nice cars and
    witness some of the craziness of people racing in crowded streets. A
    little cold for my taste but hey, spring is coming right?

When I got there almost all of firestone was full with Audi’s. Do
    they have there own lot? With the mix of people it was getting tuff to
    distinguish who was a MNSub member and who was there just there taking
    up space.

13. Speedemon

We should try to find a bigger Lot

14. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

Some dude with an Evo RS went on the MNSC forums and said that somebody in the Subaru lot told him to buzz off, essentially. Anyone care to explain? I'm not a big fan of these VW/Audi/Honda/whoever people showing up and taking over the lot, but if someone really said what this guy says they did...not cool in my opinion. Makes us look bad.

http://www.mnsportcompacts.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14231

15. Speedemon

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Zola

Some dude with an Evo RS went on the MNSC forums and said that somebody in the Subaru lot told him to buzz off, essentially. Anyone care to explain? I'm not a big fan of these VW/Audi/Honda/whoever people showing up and taking over the lot, but if someone really said what this guy says they did...not cool in my opinion. Makes us look bad.

http://www.mnsportcompacts.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14231

I dont know who did that but it makes us look really bad. Someone should reply on there and say something.

16. Flipndabrd

Wow, I can say it wasn't me. Although the lot was really busy with all kinds of cars last night. I mentioned the audi guys that parked there but It was more out of suprise than suspision. For all we know it might not of even been one of our members, the lot was pretty full. Anyone post on the MNSC should ask the person what the person looked like and if they saw there car. Last thing we need is some kind of turf war...

Lets find a new Lot.

Matt

17. Speedemon

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Flipndabrd

Wow, I can say it wasn't me. Although the lot was really busy with all kinds of cars last night. I mentioned the audi guys that parked there but It was more out of suprise than suspision. For all we know it might not of even been one of our members, the lot was pretty full. Anyone post on the MNSC should ask the person what the person looked like and if they saw there car. Last thing we need is some kind of turf war...

Lets find a new Lot.

Matt

In some of their post it says that they are going to go to the lot before us and take it over. We should just find a new lot. We need a bigger one anyway.

18. masube81

masube81 Well-Known Member

The lot belong to us MNsubaru crewz and I don't think we need to go anywhere.:(!

19. Gspot

Gspot New Member

It's a good location, everything else on the midway strip is taken.

EDIT: I posted on the thread on MNSC, hopefully this will prevent a hostile takeover. :)
    After all, I havent even been able to make it out this year, yet.

20. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

i posted too.

21. AWDimprezaL

ditto

22. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Well, first off, for those that left the lot when the cop was there. I will find out who you are, and you will no long be welcome in the lot. There were 4-5 subies that left the lot with the hammer down while the cop was there. THAT IS NOT CALLED FOR!! I have been hanging out in that lot for over 15 years, and the reason that lot has subies in it is because of me. We don't want our lot marked as a bunch of roudy people. We will be the first to get kicked out of the lot this year, I can guarentee it. Also, if I find out someone from our group did do the mnsportcompact situation, you are out of here. I will not be apart of that. If this guy is full of bs or not, that is not acceptable. We don't need to piss in anyone's wheaties. Yes, are lot is to small, but where else are we going to go?? If I sound pissed, I am. I saw way to many things go down that is going to give us a bad rap. Some of it is from our group, and some of it is from other people (Sat night, black lightning). I am going to try and make it out to Firestone this week to talk to someone that works there to get permission again to be there and see if we can get some garbage cans to clean up a bit.

Russ

23. AWDimprezaL

i wouldnt mind cleansing the lot a bit, hell i hafta do it at work all the time

24. 6MTizzle

6MTizzle 2SLO

This is pretty disappointing. Yeah I'm not a fan of sharing our small lot with non-subies but its another thing to tell someone to get out or to be a dick to them. Although, along the lines of what some other people said - how do we know who it was and if it was one of us? That sucks we get blamed for crap that someone else might've caused. I hope it was no one here.

25. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

I'm gone for two nights and everything falls apart. [xx(] :p

26. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

What's happening? A white EVO RS showed up? Was this the second night? I remember seeing Lance's EVO MR the first night... A cop came in and tested his tint... There was a cop there the second night too?

*sigh* can't we all live in peace....

27. AWDimprezaL

he said he was in his S2K...i really dont recall one coming in? and i was there from beginning to end both nights...

28. Dynapar

i missed what happened on sat. however i was talking w/ teh cop when those guys took off on friday. he didnt seem angry, he just stated that those guys were asking for it. i agree that it was dumb to take off like especailly with the cop there. youd think people would be acting better w/ a cop there.

for the clean up thing, having some cans there would cut down on littering, and i wouldnt be opposed to cleanign up. i have don eit before, and its not too hard. 5 minutes and we leave a clean aprking lot. maybe we can act on subarus leave no trace policies.

29. Tcat55371

Tcat55371 Well-Known Member

Hey guys, Rick and I heard a guy mouthing off. He came walking across the street with another guy, looked like a dad and son thing. He walked right up by Chux wagon and said said Whats this ****, a ricer convention? and then everyone turned away from him and he walked down closer to the building where the other group of people were standing. I didn't watch him after that so I dont know if he talked to others. Couldn't tell if he was drunk, he walked ok. They came from across University. Dark hair looked to be in his late 30's. So if thats the guy that said it, he wasn't part of the group.
    You might want to keep an eye out, kinda acted like he had a chip on his shoulders.

I dont get down there much and I think it's pretty cool you can all get together like that. People do need to keep in mind that it is owned by someone and they dont need the hassel from the cops and neighbors. I drive an old Super Bee most of the time in the summer and I like everything with a motor in it. Think it's pretty cool and besides, gives me idea's.... :)

Was great meeting more people...

30. morganm

morganm New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Tcat55371

Hey guys, Rick and I heard a guy mouthing off. He came walking across the street with another guy, looked like a dad and son thing. He walked right up by Chux wagon and said said Whats this ****, a ricer convention? and then everyone turned away from him and he walked down closer to the building where the other group of people were standing. I didn't watch him after that so I dont know if he talked to others. Couldn't tell if he was drunk, he walked ok. They came from across University. Dark hair looked to be in his late 30's. So if thats the guy that said it, he wasn't part of the group.
    You might want to keep an eye out, kinda acted like he had a chip on his shoulders.

I belive that moron showed up FRI night right? I heard him too; mouthing off about some stupid crap. After I heard 'ricer' and 'hmong' out of his mouth and the tone at which they were said I really didnt care to hear anything more he had to say. I'm neither Hmong or a ricer but frankly that guy was a tool. Dunno what his problem was; he just came wandering up the street and felt the need to stop and prove how retarded he was.

Besides that little incident I thought FRI was cool. Didn't see any trouble brewing. Then again we kinda kept to ourselves that night over by the camo wagon. Sorry to hear about SAT nights antics. Last thing we need is a pissing contest with MNSC and the cops. [xx(]

31. 1SIKWRX

1SIKWRX New Member

do you guys go every friday? dream is trying to get me to go. i actually have friday off this week, i might head up there. anyone wanna meet up b4 u guys go? not that good with directions on university or stp area.

32. Gspot

Gspot New Member

I might go on Fri night if you want to follow me up from Burnsville. I'll let you know when it gets closer to the weekend.

33. 1SIKWRX

1SIKWRX New Member

ok cool. im getting my lasik consultation fri morning, so hopefully that pupil **** gets better during the evening so i can drive.

34. 6MTizzle

6MTizzle 2SLO

If you guys are getting together in AV or B'ville would you mind if I met up with you guys and we all rode together...I'm down in B'ville and would love to see your rides.

35. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by j0hnniz

ok cool. im getting my lasik consultation fri morning, so hopefully that pupil **** gets better during the evening so i can drive.
    Enuff with all the excuses...just show up:D

36. 1SIKWRX

1SIKWRX New Member

ok ok ill go for sure. only if my GF can go with. =)

37. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Ya, the guy that came across the street was pretty wasted. We (joel and myself) talked to him the 2nd time and he just wanted to know what kinda of hp Matt's car was making. So I told him over 400 at a 4 wheels and he just walked away.

Russ

38. morganm

morganm New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by 25RSMN

If you guys are getting together in AV or B'ville would you mind if I met up with you guys and we all rode together...I'm down in B'ville and would love to see your rides.

Dang we got quite a few in Burnsville huh. Lemme know where you guys are meeting up and I might roll with you guys! Just don't leave me in your rear views the whole way; I don't have a turbo or big displacment like yall do :cool:

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by WRX1Ya, the guy that came across the street was pretty wasted. We (joel and myself) talked to him the 2nd time and he just wanted to know what kinda of hp Matt's car was making. So I told him over 400 at a 4 wheels and he just walked away.

Russ<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I figured he was pretty toasted :p

39. 6MTizzle

6MTizzle 2SLO

Was that the guy that was screaming at people when they drove by? I didn't even get a look at the guy and I assumed he was plowed.

40. 1SIKWRX

1SIKWRX New Member

stupid people these days. anyways...

yeah, we should meet up in burnsville. im not too familiar and i never met any of you. except..the person with the silver STi that came to MAS opening, SpeedDemon and GSpot. I only met you three. Hey Russ, if I bring a lappy with a good battery, think you could tweak my car? :D I know you want to... lol.

41. 6MTizzle

6MTizzle 2SLO

J0hnniz,
    Did I meet you the other night when I came into MAS looking at rims? I had the silver 01 RS......

42. Gspot

Gspot New Member

Probably just meet at the Burnsville Center or something so we can shoot up 35 E. Say around 8:00. I dont know how late I'm gonna stay up there though, I'm an alcoholic on the weekends.

Morgan, dont worry I'll be traveling at a reasonable rate of speed. I'll lose my insurance if I get another ticket.

43. ImprezaWrx9

ImprezaWrx9 Well-Known Member

hey guys i'm a newbie here and i work by burnsville w/ an 03 wrx. I've never met any of you guys either and thought it'd be cool to meet you guys and all roll up there all together if thats cool with you guys...looking forward to going. Where's the location and time you guys are meeting at?

44. 6MTizzle

6MTizzle 2SLO

Right on, I live right next to BVC. Gspot - u wanna go to the bar after the meet...I'm not an alcoholic but I play one on the weekends :D

45. Speedemon

I will be there friday (I think)