***** Official Firestone Thread *****

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by Justin, Mar 3, 2005.

1. r32657

r32657 Well-Known Member

Friday was my first time at these newer gatherings. I thought everything went fine, people seemed ok. Some jackass's did do the fast takeoff with the cop around. I would have noe problem if he did nail this idiots. I think that the location is one that will only attract the bad eliments. A lot of them cruise university and look for gatherings of cars. I would prefer a more hidden spot. Not sure if there is one place that would work for everyone, but a parking lot or dirt road even would be great to just park and hang out in piece.

2. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

i dont much like for the rowdyness in the lot...but i love it in the streets, it makes for a good laugh

3. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

I'll probably show up this Friday. I haven't been able to make it the past 2 weeks due to snow the first weekend and the flu this past weekend. My buddy from California that loaned me his garage space and a hand or two for most of my mods will be in town for the weekend, so I think he might roll with.

-Readymix

4. Speedemon

Speedemon Well-Known Member

So are the audi guys going to come with there cars. If so I might end up bringing my neighbor. He wants to see a few silver cars with carbon fiber hoods. He is getting a carbon fiber hood and trunk for his BMW and he wants to see other silver cars with carbon fiber hoods.

5. FuJi K

FuJi K Well-Known Member

I figure when I got there Fri night at around 9pm, I thought I was early. hahah I didn't even get to park in the front row! In front of the garage is good though. hahha

There are so many people nowadays, we get guys that walk by while other's come in and get teased and ragged at by those strangers. That makes us look kind of bad. *sigh* what a world.....

anyway, I'll be out there as usual. I hope 8:30 will be a little early for me....

6. 1SIKWRX

1SIKWRX New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Speedemon

So are the audi guys going to come with there cars. If so I might end up bringing my neighbor. He wants to see a few silver cars with carbon fiber hoods. He is getting a carbon fiber hood and trunk for his BMW and he wants to see other silver cars with carbon fiber hoods.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

ill be there. i have a silver car with CF hood and trunk..trying to get my CF lip on also.

7. 1SIKWRX

1SIKWRX New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Gspot

Probably just meet at the Burnsville Center or something so we can shoot up 35 E. Say around 8:00. I dont know how late I'm gonna stay up there though, I'm an alcoholic on the weekends.

Morgan, dont worry I'll be traveling at a reasonable rate of speed. I'll lose my insurance if I get another ticket.

yeah, thatll be cool. all of us south burbs people should meet up. i wont be going as fast either, no tabs yet. i dont think imma stay late either, knowing the fact i hardly know u guys but if there are gonna be some noobies up there then i have to be one of them!!! :cool:

8. Speedemon

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by j0hnniz
    ill be there. i have a silver car with CF hood and trunk..trying to get my CF lip on also.

Ok cool

9. AWDimprezaL

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Speedemon

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> i hope they dont come at all...on MNaudi, they know that firestone is our lot..they call it "the subaru lot" yet they still come..hmmm

10. Speedemon

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by AWDimprezaL
    i hope they dont come at all...on MNaudi, they know that firestone is our lot..they call it "the subaru lot" yet they still come..hmmm

I want them to come. They are not the problem. They only have like 3 or 4 people that they bring and they bring some nice looking cars.

11. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

I personally don't have any issue with any brand of cars hanging out with us, as long as the owner and his/her party is respectful of others.

Sorry to hear you guys ran into a few hitch. I was out of town this past weekend so I missed out.

Hope to make it out there for once this season. Last time I was out at the lot was about 4 month ago.

12. AWDimprezaL

saturday they were the problem, the audi guys brought the guys in the suburban,who where the worst

13. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by AWDimprezaL

saturday they were the problem, the audi guys brought the guys in the suburban,who where the worst
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Exactly, along with the guy in the lightning, what a ass hat that guy was.

14. DISCOPOPE

DISCOPOPE Well-Known Member

was it just the assholes doing powerslides? or did i miss something else..
    i thought it was pretty mellow.

15. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by DISCOPOPE

was it just the assholes doing powerslides? or did i miss something else..
    i thought it was pretty mellow.

This was mostly on saturday night, but yes he was there friday night acting retarded too.

16. Flipndabrd

Flipndabrd Well-Known Member

I think that the MNAudi guys where drawing some negitive attention to
    the Lot also. They kept coming and going, each time driving crazy speeds to and from. Plenty of cars race up and down the street, if they want to act like idiots have them do it out of there own lot. (Checker)

Side note, that Lightning driver was a tool.

My two cents.

Matt

17. DISCOPOPE

lol maybe we need to hire a bouncer.

18. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Part of the reason I like firestone (or uni in general) it for the retards putting on the free show. The part I didn't like is the fact that he started and finished his show in our lot. As the club grows and we have more subies showing up, the more attention we will get, we (as a group and individually) just need to be on our best behavior.

Russ

19. 6MTizzle

6MTizzle 2SLO

Sorry to be the a$$ of the group but isn't this the "SUBARU" lot? If these other guys have their own lot why don't they kick it there? I think it's cool other people show up with their cars but we have our meets there and we have permission to be there don't we? Not only is there not a lot of room, there is also the responsibility factor for these tools that show up and drive around like dickheads. I'm cool with other people stopping but I think they should park around the block and walk over or at least not park in the front row. Is that unreasonable?

20. DISCOPOPE

what can you say, it's the perfect spot really..
    maybe we could park a car on the university entrance, blocking folks from doing the old, 'driver through'

make it more of a destination than a place to cruise through to be seen..

21. TheWRX

TheWRX Well-Known Member

You know what, I agree on that idea, let's put a car to block one of the enternces, so people won't keep driving through...}:)...what do u guys think...

22. Flipndabrd

I think that really is a good idea.

23. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

I dont think that's scuh a good idea. Im sure that will attract negative attention for sure. My car wont be the one blocking the driveway:eek:

24. 6MTizzle

6MTizzle 2SLO

I don't want mine there either with all those idiots driving around...lol

25. masube81

masube81 Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Dream

I dont think that's scuh a good idea. Im sure that will attract negative attention for sure. My car wont be the one blocking the driveway:eek:
    LOL....not my car either.

26. morganm

morganm New Member

I'm not quite sure blocking the entrance of Uni Ave. is the best idea. Might have consequences we arent exactly seeing right now.

I'll wait to comment on some other things here untill after Russ talks to the people who own the lot.

27. Speedemon

I will block it because I want someone to hit my car. I need a new paint job. Just make sure they dont do a hit and run. I have had that happen before and it sucks.

28. ImprezaWrx9

ImprezaWrx9 Well-Known Member

what's going on with meeting up at burnsville center?

29. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

You guys crack me up LOL:D:D:D:D:D}:)

Are you Serious}:)?

I think you guys should think about the consequences before you do anything, this is asking for others to retaliate against us. The last thing I wanna see happen on the firestone lot is something being thrown from a passing car agaist us, or worst-a drive by:(!

30. DISCOPOPE

yeah, i don't think there is one easy answer...

31. DISCOPOPE

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by DISCOPOPE

yeah, i don't think there is one easy answer...

except for maybe kungfu...

32. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

<font size="5"><font color="red">There needs to be no violence at Firestone period! We are there by the graces of the owner do not ruin it for the rest of us.</font id="red"></font id="size5">

33. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

this subject has been conversed to death.

34. Gspot

Gspot New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by ImprezaWrx9

what's going on with meeting up at burnsville center?
    It depends on whether or not the club is gonna meet somewhere for food before midway. (See other thread)

35. TheWRX

TheWRX Well-Known Member

OK guys, I know what u all are thinking probebly that one car parks sidways and blocks the lot, what I was thinking is just parking the cars like we noramaly do in the front row, but adding two more cars that would go all way to the end of the enternce, I had real bad luck trying to post any pics, so I can't post like an image from paint or somthing, but I hop u guys understand me, like parking in the front row all the way down to block the enternce, meaning it would take two cars to block it, I am willing to do it, but I won't unless I get u guys's OK to do so...and if anyone say's anything we'll tell them "nicely" that we are just taking some pics, and ask them to park on the the side or somthing ;), that's my IDEA....

~M~

36. Speedemon

So what are we going to do friday. Are we going to meet at firestone and go out to eat them come back or are we going to do that someother time.

37. AWDimprezaL

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by TheGC8

OK guys, I know what u all are thinking probebly that one car parks sidways and blocks the lot, what I was thinking is just parking the cars like we noramaly do in the front row, but adding two more cars that would go all way to the end of the enternce, I had real bad luck trying to post any pics, so I can't post like an image from paint or somthing, but I hop u guys understand me, like parking in the front row all the way down to block the enternce, meaning it would take two cars to block it, I am willing to do it, but I won't unless I get u guys's OK to do so...and if anyone say's anything we'll tell them "nicely" that we are just taking some pics, and ask them to park on the the side or somthing ;), that's my IDEA....

~M~
    thats a good idea, but put a cone in front of the two cars on the end, then it would be purrrfect, and look cool too!

38. 1SIKWRX

1SIKWRX New Member

man, there is 2 threads going on about this lol. hope there isnt confusion, but when thurs night come..bikerboy, just set a for sure time and place. k?

39. jprice

jprice Well-Known Member

FYI I posted this on MNAudi after reading through the thread:

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    I just wanted to let you guys know the subie guys have no problem with sharing the lot with MNAudi (assuming there's not so many audis there they can't fit the subies ).

FYI the MNSubaru club that meets there has explicit permission from the owner of Firestone to use the lot. Since this is the case, just remember to keep the speeds down near the lot, so as not to draw any negative attention in that direction and ruin it for them. Also, go check out some of those subies There's some knowledgeable subie guys that hang out there.. it's all about awd love

40. 6MTizzle

6MTizzle 2SLO

Right on, we have a mediator so everything can be resolved peacefully without the use of kung fu or blockades as others have suggested...lol. What's up with BVC guys? Dinner or no and what time to meet at the mall????

41. PHATsuby

PHATsuby Well-Known Member

i'll be showing up this weekend, apparently i missed out on a lot of stuff last week, haha.

Ben

42. Flipndabrd

MNAudi scouting the Firestone lot...
    [​IMG]
    "that IS some good parking..."

43. TheWRX

TheWRX Well-Known Member

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:p;) GOOD ONE Matt...

44. morganm

morganm New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Flipndabrd

MNAudi scouting the Firestone lot...

"that IS some good parking..."

LOL IRL :D

45. 6MTizzle

6MTizzle 2SLO

LOL @ Matt. I can't look at that pic and not laugh. That dude's fro is spectacular :cool: