Official Junkyard find Thread - post so other members can go pick them!

Discussion in 'For Sale : Car Parts' started by silver03, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Tash

Tash Well-Known Member

This is r6rippin on the forum..maybe mods want to look into making him have a vendor account???

2. ying vue

ying vue Well-Known Member

3. John Yang

John Yang Well-Known Member

Wrong post to post that buddy. This is the junk yard thread, not the craiglist thread.

4. silver03

silver03 Well-Known Member

Upull east bethel today. A couple of 1st gen leggy wagons. Pretty clean. One had adjustable suspension!

5. Casey

Casey Member

anyone know of a bugeye in a yard somewhere, wagon preferred but a sedan wouldn't suck, looks like upull doesnt have any anymore

6. babiker712

babiker712 Well-Known Member

idget and spudd like this.
  7. spudd

spudd Well-Known Member

Looks like im going to johns this week

8. babiker712

For the leather interior? Please do. I don't want to be tempted into swapping tan for black.

9. spudd

spudd Well-Known Member

Im not Into leather, just need aa few small parts

10. silver03

I was up at St. Francis Auto today...love that place! The interesting stuff you find up there keeps the simple minded like myself highly entertained! Anyway, 98ish OBS green, a couple of late 90's Fozzies, a 96ish Legacy L sedan and maybe a 98 outback. All engines are pulled.

11. babiker712

Upullrparts east bethel has a 2000 Outback Sedan thats almost entirely intact, great full leather interior in black. John's pickyourpart in Blaine had a 2002 impreza wagon that mostly seemed all there and is not listed on their website

souy07 likes this.
  12. souy07

souy07 Well-Known Member

Went to Upull rosemount over the weekend and there was a few 2.5L sohc and dohc motors that where un touched.

13. wagonsrumble

wagonsrumble Member

Im looking for at least a front bumper cover and drivers side fender for a 02 wagon if ppl see one around Ham Lake that would be awesome, silver preferred lol

14. silver03

Was at upull east bethel yesterday. White 95 Impreza sedan 5 spd, pretty rough. Very clean 98 outback wagon totally loaded, black/black as well as a very loaded black 98 legacy sedan black/black. The leggy sedan interior was black leather and in very good condition except the front seats had already been pulled.

15. John Yang

does the legacy still have it's wheels?

16. John Yang

does the legacy still have it's wheels?

17. silver03

@John Yang...I am inclined to say yes on both the outback and leggy.

18. souy07

souy07 Well-Known Member

Anyone gone out to the junk yards lately?

19. babiker712

Went to LKQ pick your part in Blaine (Johns) over the weekend. the 2005 impreza sedan is totally stripped. Only thing usable left is the rear right door (light silver). Both Subaru Outbacks were mostly all still there. Scored some parts for refurbishment on mine before I put it up for sale. Both had all 4 wheels and tires if someone needs cheap winter rims (16x6.5 +48).

20. silver03

East bethel upull has a pair of 00/01 white outback sedans both with lots of primer. The struts/springs on one of them looked nearly new.

21. babiker712

Leather Int?

22. silver03

Can't recall. I think one of them has it.

23. 96obs

96obs Member

Was just at upull in Rosemount and they have a really clean 98 outback sport. It is two tone black and light brown on bottom. All doors were there and clean good glass. Manual transmission, shift knob is missing all interior is there. Light front right damage, only fender, slightly bent front right corner of the hood, and headlight damage, timing belt is not broken. I took one cover off to look for everyone else. Could not turn the engine over due to the fact someone took the crank pulley and bolt. 2.2 liter. All axles are there and look like they have newer boots or the axles themselves are new. Rear shocks are blown. I took the front strut assemblies and camber bolts and the rear swaybar and links. Hood does have scoop and vents both in very good condition. Hope this helps.

24. silver03

upull east bethel today 92L sedan...meh. 90 something Outback wagon with way cool blue plaid interior, complete. A couple of mid 90's wagons...fairly ugly. Score of the day was @Krazylegz1485 grabbed 1.0 gauge wire and connector that went to the rear mount battery although up to the starter in a 2016 challenger....$4 Hopefully he will post up a pic of our most interesting find in the last row of imports.

25. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

As requested, I'm gonna attempt to share a few pics from this day of awesomeness we shared last weekend. I'll start with my sweet acquisition, a battery relocation kit from a wrecked Challenger. Figured I could somehow tie in a Mopar part on the Subaru racecar...

1.0 ga w/ firewall pass-thru. $4.29
    [​IMG]

Said wrecked Challenger, complete with a @silver03 sighting in the background. Also note the cracked body filler on the trunk lid and right quarter. Thing must've been mildly damaged already before this took place.
    [​IMG]

The main "attraction" was this old Russian (sounding) guy who was getting scolded for not wearing his shoes. Yes, completely barefoot (no socks) in a junk yard. Not only that, but had a lawn chair, cooler, and complete change of clothes to go with it. All for one day at U-pull.
    [​IMG]

Another angle.
    [​IMG]

Some extra misc. shots of some super awesome body work. It's really a shame that these vehicles died and are not being displayed on public roads anymore for the general public to witness.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

silver03 and tangledupinblu like this.
  26. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

Are the jeans I see in picture one by the cable the same jeans I see in picture four laying over the arm of the chair?

That old guy probably built a running car out of all those junkyard parts and drove home while you two come home with a battery cable.

silver03 likes this.
  27. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Why are there jeans laying around in the u-pull our parts yard? Were you guys pulling on some "non-car" parts?

Krazylegz1485 likes this.
  28. silver03

Maybe

Krazylegz1485 and tangledupinblu like this.
  29. 02srp

02srp Member

U pull in east bethel. Two early 2000's outbacks in good condition. Ones a limited. Also, two pretty nice foresters. Ones probably a 97 and the other is a 2005.

30. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

Did you honk when you went by?!

souy07 likes this.
  31. silver03

Upull East Bethel report as of yesterday. H6 outback with rear rotors and caliper brackets intact! 99 Forester complete with Betty Boop steering wheel cover, matching floor mats, and homemade push button start! Bunch of potentially nice Subaru alloy wheels scattered throughout the import section. We (@Krazylegz1485 and myself) found more cars than their inventory was showing. 00 Legacy Sedan green there as well as a couple more Legacy/Outback wagons.

32. terrorgen

terrorgen Member

Any Bugeye obs?

33. silver03

No bugeyes.

34. JasonoJordan

JasonoJordan Well-Known Member

Anyone been to either of the Upull lately? I am looking for the horizontal roof bars for a 2005 outback. Wondering if either of the lots have a car with them on it.

35. 612subaru

612subaru Active Member

Stopped over at upull in east bethel today, had a nice charcol gray 08 forester x almost complete with about an 8/10 interior -cloth, someone nabbed the grill and bumper were the major pieces gone, also i believe a white forester 03? Someone took this apart with care,dash tore down to the firewall and engine bay pieced out all the parts in the back with pretty good shaped body. Probably another 4 foresters of that gen.

36. Silky21L

Silky21L Well-Known Member

U pull East Bethel has a white blobeye impreza. Bumpers and fenders were still there and in okay shape. Head and tail lights are gone.

37. Silky21L

Silky21L Well-Known Member

FB_IMG_1580228840165.jpg also this clean forester!

tangledupinblu likes this.