OFFICIAL open water fishing thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by carl, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Gridlocked

Gridlocked Well-Known Member

I'm going to whoop your ass again with my wiggly watermellon wankers.
    [​IMG]

PaulasaurusREX and ofspunk7 like this.
  2. ofspunk7

ofspunk7 Well-Known Member

I would choose the top waters... just because they are more fun to fish. Maybe next year I will tag along and learn a thing or two about fishing them.... I am sure there are some techniques that I don't know about.

I love my Rapala Walk the Dog Xrap and Jointed Orange topwater

3. Gridlocked

Any of you fellers hitting the water this weekend?

4. ofspunk7

BroCo and I will be fishing Long Lake (Park Rapids) this weekend. I plan on driving over to his place to use his gas, drink his beer and steal his relaxtion time.

If my boat, dock, lift gets it I will be fishing my hood too. We were robbed this winter but they didn't take my trolling motor or battery (well i think my battery is still there). So I am good to go.

5. PaulasaurusREX

PaulasaurusREX Well-Known Member

Taking the family out fishing tomorrow morning then smashing largemouth with top water lures on Sunday! :frantic:

6. Gridlocked

new spark plugs purchazed last night!

PaulasaurusREX likes this.
  7. PaulasaurusREX

Our Top Water Challenge didn't really provide much challenge. Conditions didn't cooperate and all fish were deep and near the weed lines. Only catch of the day came near the end while trolling witha Rapala. At least we got one in the boat.

Like given to first person who spots the fish beer in one of the photos :)

photo 1 copy 2.JPG

photo 2 copy 3.JPG

Last edited: May 28, 2013
    Gridlocked likes this.
  8. Gridlocked

Tournament on Tonka tomorrow!
    6a-noon.

9. PaulasaurusREX

photo.JPG

yarpirate and ofspunk7 like this.
  10. ofspunk7

Way better then my office view today.

Realized this past weekend that the scumbags that broke into my cabin looted all my fishing gear. Lots of rods, line and a few tackle boxes. Glad I had my custom built BroCo rod at home with my main tackle box. No insurance claim means I am out a lot of gear.... :(

11. PaulasaurusREX

Damn man, really sorry to hear that.

12. PaulasaurusREX

Om nom nom

photo copy.JPG

ofspunk7 likes this.
  13. PaulasaurusREX

photo copy 2.JPG

yarpirate and ofspunk7 like this.
  14. PaulasaurusREX

Yum!

photo.JPG

15. ofspunk7

Whoa that is a very nice looking fish!

I tired to get out this weekend on the boat but it didn't happen. The battery sat on the charger Thursday - Sunday... I really wanted to pitch the new GK Senkos I picked up. I did walk the shoreline and fished the point by my cabin for about an hour. I maganged to pull a 3lb (ish) bass from the weeds. It was sort of cool being in the water above my knees and landing a bass.

16. Gridlocked

I was going to go out last Saturday AM for a few hours, but a hurricane blew instead.

17. boone1186

boone1186 Active Member

Anyone fished Marion in Lakeville recently? Went there tonight and couldn't NOT catch small panfish, it was annoying. My buddy caught a 10 inch crappie, but that was the only thing worth while.

18. thakrazymule

thakrazymule Active Member

Even tho I recently moved to Oregon, I still had to share this Smallmouth I got last weekend. 21" 6lb! uploadfromtaptalk1374771400681.jpg

19. Gridlocked

Damn, that's a nice Smally! when did you move to Oregon!?
    We fished a contest on Waconia last night - the bass ARE NOT shallow. Everyone that pulled decent fish was drop-shotting deep points out on mid lake structure.

20. Slomander

Slomander Active Member

Lake Minnetonka this past Sunday. I was on Wayzata Bay. Caught this on a Finesses Jig w/ Shad trailer. Sadly, I was out there about 4 hours and this was my only catch.
    112.jpg

A few weeks back, Crappie fishing on Lake Koronis near Saint Cloud.
    111.jpg

Gridlocked likes this.
  21. thakrazymule

I moved here right after memorial weekend. From here originally, and missed the mountains so I came back. Probably caught between 100-200 smallmouth on a 2 night, 13 river mile canoe float. Most bein 8-14". Its a Blasty blast! I drop shotted for a bit, but this river was so low top water worked everywhere! All day! It was unreal! :D

22. thakrazymule

Oh yeah, here's the mountains I moved back for.
    uploadfromtaptalk1374813765370.jpg
    Could a guy really ask for a better view when yer fishing? :)
    P.s. For you snowboarders out there, the mountain on the right is Mt.Bachelor. Look it up, killer gnar pow-pow bra :cool:

23. Gridlocked

a nice little 19
    [​IMG]

thakrazymule likes this.
  24. thakrazymule

Beautiful. Very healthy looking largemouth.

25. thakrazymule

21" Rainbow. I win ted! Lol
    uploadfromtaptalk1376810665235.jpg

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  26. thakrazymule

And a 22" bow today!
    uploadfromtaptalk1376886172749.jpg
    My 2 personal best trout in less then 18 hours apart. Plus a couple smaller 14" brown and rainbow to go with the pigs.
    uploadfromtaptalk1376886277453.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376886296327.jpg
    Best trout fishing weekend of my life I would have to say, only because of the 2 giants I got.

27. Gridlocked

Ho-LEE-EFF!!! those are some DAAAAMN nice Trout, man!!! You DO win - but you're cheating because there aren't Trout like that around here in the flatlands... I'm jealous!!!

thakrazymule likes this.
  28. PaulasaurusREX

Well damn! Really nice looking trout.

My 4.1lber doesn't look nearly as big now :(

Bass.JPG

thakrazymule likes this.
  29. thakrazymule

Lol. Cheating or not, a wins a win! Haha. I have never had such luck in such a short period of time, when it comes to trout fishing that is. Superior is suppose to have some big trout ain't it?

30. thakrazymule

Best part was, there was like 20 people fishing this section of shore yesterday. I found a spot with enough distance between people where I could fish. 1st cast, I got the brown, 2nd cast I got the 22" bow. I had to run down the shore because it was headed down stream with a quickness, so about 6 people had to reel in as I came by chasing that thing as it was flying out of the water about 6 times. Finally landed it, 2 fish limit, done in 2 casts! A few people said they were there all morning and hadn't caught crap. Needless to say, they were not very happy with me! Lmao :D

31. ofspunk7

So I had a pretty epic night of fishing this past weekend. It was weird. I went out because i was up north and had an opportunity to head out. My fishing time has been lacking this year with the little one around. The climate changes led me to believe that fishing would be off. It had dropped 30* from the day before with multiple passes of thunderstorms.... but I wanted to go out anyways... just to get some time in the boat for my mental sanity. Turns out that it was the exact opposite of what I had thought. I figure I pulled around 20 bass within the 2lb to mid-3lbs range. I had 15 very nice pics of the bigger ones when I got home. Nothing epic like my 5/6lb guys, but still always fun to catch. My lake is a hard lake to fish. There are fish, but it is never what you would call awesome. However, this day was awesome! It was weird though. You always catch northern in my lake, no matter what. This storm had turned them off. I didn't catch or see one, which is unheard of if I am fishing for longer then an hour (unless nothing is biting). I should also add that I did observe a few boats not having my luck... but color and lures go a long way I guess. I ended up burning 2.5 bags of plastics (GY Senkos Chartruce and Drk Grn/Chartruce - YUM Tiny Lizards Brown with Gold and Green Flake Limited Edition Color) with red 5/0 hooks.

I had to share some info about the new line I picked up. I grabbed some of the Suffix 832 Superline Braid. I really wanted to try the "Ghost" color but just couldn't do it... so I rocked the traditional green. This line is amazing. I have used quite a few different braids over the years and they all seemed similar to each other. Some better then others but no clear winners, until now. This stuff is amazing. Spooling it up it seems like regular suffix. However, once I started fishing it I was hooked. The line is super limp, it just falls so nicely. It also carries hits much better. I felt like every strike was 100% more clear. The water would explode (vibrate) when my line was bumped. It was very easy to read what my lures were doing, how they were falling, and what type of fish was bumping it. I am totally sold on this new technology.

Link to link

A few of the guys i picked up.

1264587_10151840320824784_1399340742_o.jpg 1265442_10151840320674784_692266003_o.jpg 1277528_10151840320929784_1416822647_o.jpg 1277756_10151840321434784_364134012_o.jpg 1292094_10151840321199784_1198210527_o.jpg

32. LASERBLUE135

LASERBLUE135 Well-Known Member

From the dead. Today I caught TWO bass on one cast!

Attached Files:

02subbieRS likes this.
  33. LASERBLUE135

LASERBLUE135 Well-Known Member

Another pic

Attached Files:

02subbieRS and tangledupinblu like this.